Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a normalizer based on the library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I have been looking for a plug-in or option that scans the music library once for each file's max volume and then adjusts the playback volume accordingly while playing (without modifying the files themselves). That way if in a playlist I don't have to reach for the remote every time.

So far, under "normalization" I have only found that related to video files. Does something like that exist?

Thank you.
Since Kodi natively supports replaygain, why not just use this? You can quickly scan your music files using foobar, set their RP levels, and good to go. Doing so doesn't "modify" your files, it just adds a flag to metadata so that RP can read & adjust it.
(2015-10-19, 20:01)christoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Since Kodi natively supports replaygain, why not just use this? You can quickly scan your music files using foobar, set their RP levels, and good to go. Doing so doesn't "modify" your files, it just adds a flag to metadata so that RP can read & adjust it.

Thank you. I will try it.