Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no videos in remote sql database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
running Kodi (15.1 Git:2015-08-22-8326b01). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit on Fire TV Box.
First I configured the SMB shares and MOVIES and TV SHOWS where scraped and displayed.
Next I changed to remote SQL database and after a reboot, no MOVIES or TV SHOWS anymore.
The video files are located on a Synology NAS with SMB shares.
The Database and Thumbnails folder is running on the Synology NAS as well.
I have crosschecked several guides and everything seems to be working.
But browsing the MOVIES or TV SHOW only displays an empty page. Refreshing the videos in the left menu takes one second and nothing changes.
I can browse and play the video files with FILES. So SMB shares are working correctly.
But regardless what I tried the last 7 days I cannot get any Movies or TV Shows to show up.
I have searched for solutions and tried many things, without any change at all.
The database and tables where created and I can see connections and SQL queries. But they all return empty results.
The debugging kodi.log does not reveal an obvious error...at least to me.

I hope someone can point me to the error.

Here is a log:
kodi.log

Thanks for any help
Can you please post a Debug log? This isnt it a full debug log:

Code:
08:32:21 T:1528091424  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
08:32:21 T:1528091424  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

Debug_log (wiki)
(2015-10-19, 18:32)ptestfall Wrote: [ -> ]Next I changed to remote SQL database and after a reboot, no MOVIES or TV SHOWS anymore.

The video scan doesn't appear to be processing any sources - have you set the content on your video sources?

(2015-10-19, 18:32)ptestfall Wrote: [ -> ]The Database and Thumbnails folder is running on the Synology NAS as well.

Don't do this if your plan is to share thumbnails between multiple Kodi clients as it will cause you problems (not to mention it will be a lot slower than local storage).
@wyild1:
The DEBUG log is included. I just posted everything after bootup and changing from normal logging to debug logging. Please look a bit further down the log:

09:12:42 T:1528091424 NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM"
09:12:42 T:1528091424 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.

@Milhouse:
I can access, browse and play the sources via FILES.
When I check the GUI the sources are set correctly with movies scraper and tv shows scraper.
Looking at the sources.xml everything is located under video.
Its correct or not?

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.6/Filme/!TV/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.6/Filme/!Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Kinder TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.6/Filme/!Kinder/!TV/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>DVD</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.6/Filme/!DVD/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>
Sadly it seems no one can help me with this specific problem Sad

But maybe I can shed some more light into the matter.
I removed the advancedsettings.xml file, rebooted the fire tv box and everything is there again in VIDEOS and TV SHOWS.

Is there a problem having some data in the local database, when trying to switch to remote database?
Are there further steps to do, like e.g. deletion of local database, before switching to remote database?
The sources.xml appears to be OK.

Is there a reason your paths all contain exclamation marks - does the scan succeed with paths that don't contain exclamation marks?

Have you tried with the path substitution removed?

For whatever reason Kodi doesn't think it has any sources to process - if you say the content has been set correctly then if all else fails delete your sources, drop your databases, restart Kodi and add them again (just add one source to confirm it works).

Once you switch to MySQL your local video and/or music databases well be ignored - you can delete them if you like.
The paths contain exclamation marks for sorting reasons. So its always first and furthermore I can separate categories from other folders.

I tested a source without exclamation mark. No change. Once I insert the advancedsettings.xml with remote database, all videos are gone and a refresh is one second and nothing as a result.
Once I remove the xml file and reboot, everything is there again.
As its running fine with local database I would expect no problem with the sources.

I instantly removed the only path substitution I used for the thumbails folder, when you mentioned there would be a sharing problem. But sadly that did not change anything either.

It seems to me only related to the external database somehow. But I cannot see any related errors like "access denied" or "unable to..." and as the database seems to have been created with all tables, I cannot see any connection problems or access problems.
Any ideas how to get any additional information to narrow down the problem?
Not really - enabling debug should log all scanner and SQL statements, but I'm not seeing any scan messages other than "started" and "finished".

Dropping the MySQL database and recreating with debug enabled might be useful just in case there has been an error during creation - upload your debug log showing the database being created.

Also try deleting all your sources and adding just one source, set the content, then test a scan with that source.
I removed the advancedsettings.xml, deleted the remote SQL database, rebooted Fire TV and the local database was showing the content correctly.
Uploaded the advancedsettings.xml and rebooted the Fire TV and can see MyVideo93 and MyMusic52 where created. Lots of tables inside. But not data and empty pages in Kodi. Refresh takes a milisecond.
The log shows nothing different than before.

It seems I have to give up on this one.