Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMD E2-4000 graphic driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I had a PC lying around and thought of installing kodi and creating a HTPC out of it.
Win10 with kodi running was lagging so i wanted to try and install kodibuntu on it.
After installing i get a error message "Kodi needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. ..."
I logged in perfectly fine in the "ubuntu" account.

i have tried to figure out what is wrong. got no idea. quite a Linux noob...
I have checked the "supported hardware" page but i'm not any closer...

according to the "lshw -numeric -C display" i got this info
"
Description: VGA compatible controller
product: Mullins [Radeon APU E2-4000 with R2 Graphics] [1002:9853]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, inc. [AMD/ATI] [1002]
physical id:1
"
and so on..

any one can help me?
Use the free radeon oss drivers and mesa-vdpau-drivers - not the AMD fglrx crap. Afterwards you should be good to go.
Thanks.

Where can i find them? and how do i install them?
Is there a guide?
The are installed by default from your operating system - nothing needs to be done. Fglrx / Ati installer you run yourself, right? So most likely your install is "kind of broken" and no clean howto will resolve that, I am afraid.
I downloaded the install from the download page Kodibuntu 14.0 64Bit in the 15.1 section of the page.
wrote it to a dvd and installed it tight to a hard drive.
rebooted and i got the error popup. clicked quit 3 timed (it just poped up again and again) and then it put me on the login page
there i could change and log into ubuntu.
i haven't installed anything else, no driver no nothing.
I'm not sure how old is kodibuntu iso.
If memory serves R2 graphics had issues with ubuntu 14.04 but they seem to have fixed it in 14.04.2
Run a full system update first.

From a terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

Reboot after it finished.
I ran a update - dist-upgrade and my kodi "account" disappeared.. (at the login screen in tje upper right corner you normaly can choose kodi, lubuntu and lubuntu network)
Now I only have lubuntu and lubuntu network?
Im running Ubuntu 14.04.3
install kodi again
Running a "regular" install will create the login option?
(2015-10-22, 22:18)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]install kodi again

sudo apt-get install kodi
did that and got back the logon option, but logging in i just get a black screen for 20-30 sec and then back to logon screen..
i checked and i got a couple of log files. allot of notice and 2 errors. 1 error is "PulseAudio: faild to connect context.."
cant remember the other one.. have to check tonight..