Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BATCH] Lights-out-script (solution for lights-out with FireTV/Raspberry)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A user in an other kodi forum asked about an solution for his windows server with lights-out and his FireTV.
I wrote a simple batch script, whichs runs every 10 min (you can set the time yourself) and checks if Kodi is running on a Kodi-Host.

eg the FireTV is still available via IP ping even when it is turned off, so lights-out or whatever software you use is useless.
But most software can check for a file. So this script creates a dummy file if kodi is running.
There is a config file named "config.bat", only few variables, that have to be changed (I'm not gonna explain it in here, cause comments are in the batch file - very simple, self-explaining).
The script(script.exe) should be runned at startup (or start it manually)

I think there a more devices out there, which behave like a FireTV, so some users may find this helpfull

32bit Version

64bit Version

I'm thankful for any feedback
Can you elaborate more on this? I am unsure what it does. This will keep the server awake as long as the fire tv is playing a movie? Will it stop if you are not watching a movie on the fire tv for x amount of time but Kodi is still running on it?
(2016-01-26, 04:14)Atreides Wrote: [ -> ]Can you elaborate more on this? I am unsure what it does. This will keep the server awake as long as the fire tv is playing a movie? Will it stop if you are not watching a movie on the fire tv for x amount of time but Kodi is still running on it?

Hi, yes I can.
This only checks, if kodi is running.
It does not care if kodi is in 'idle' (if you are just in main menu) or watching a movie.