Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin update problem - Error deleting file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://pastebin.com/z0XNnKda

Almost 20% from my skin users, has erros when I push updates to my repo. they got blank(white) screen, and kodi get stuck.
after reload - they got confluence - and they need to reinstall the skin from the repo.

any idea why this is happening? this is truly random, Can't figure it out.
I can confirm thats happaning also without "textures.xbt" file, and with other custom skin.
anyone?
I'm having the same issue after a skin update I'm getting a black blank screen,
eventually I'm using Window's Task Manager to close kodi and run kodi again getting the default confluence skin.
then the previous selected skin is gone and the only way to bring it back is to reinstall it from it's repo.

Here's my log, hope it will help to resolve or figure out the problem:
http://pastebin.com/9V5xzh3e
When updating the skin files can be in use. Kodi tries to overwrite those files for an x amount of time and at some point it will give up and revert the changes. So in theory if you wait just for a very long time it should correct itself.
At least, that's the theory :-)
@x3gto, actually It seems that you have some problem in your code:
Code:
ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.zeev\1080i\DialogKaiToast.xml, Line 110
                                            Error reading end tag.
solve it out first, then check again.

@Marcel,
mm, maybe.. but I assume its not the case (that we are not waiting enough).
did you ever notice similar problems in skins that are in the official repo? I didn't.. I guess it something else.
b.t.w, take a look at lines 246\1255 in x3go's log.
I think I might have some direction, I just pushed new version to my skin, and In my HTPC I got the blank screen... (marcel, I waited 30 minutes and nothing.)
So I went to the skin folder, and I see that almost all the files were deleted, except Textures.xbt and all the files that comes after it.
I tried to delete it with Windows, but It said that the file is being used with "Pulsar.exe" process. the weird thing is that pulsar has been always been in this pc, and many others pc, and sometimes the updates failed, and sometimes not.
Do you guys keep the previous version of the skin on your custom repo ?
That would be needed to make the revert process work...
BTW: yes, I see this probleem too. Mentioned a lot by beta skin users. Can't remember it ever happened with stable version (on kodi repo) though...
I have the zips in the repo. It don't revert, it getting stuck trying to delete "textures.xbt" and that's it.
my best guess for now is: windows+pulsar process
edit:
Android as well
(2015-10-22, 23:52)x3go Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue after a skin update I'm getting a black blank screen,
eventually I'm using Window's Task Manager to close kodi and run kodi again getting the default confluence skin.
then the previous selected skin is gone and the only way to bring it back is to reinstall it from it's repo.

Here's my log, hope it will help to resolve or figure out the problem:
http://pastebin.com/9V5xzh3e

Please notice the following before asking support:

1. Your logfile is full of errors/info from banned addons which are known to completely mess with your system.
2. Your skin contains a whole list of errors: missing includes, missing VAR's and inproper xml files.
3. Your skin contains 1 or more playlist files that are invalid.
4. Make sure that the addonid in addon.xml is the same as your folder name.

There's a great tool to help you track down and solve the errors in your skin: Skin XML converter, use that to solve the errors first.

Also make sure that you keep the previous version of your skin on the repo. Kodi will use that to fallback to if the skin update failed.
Although this thread is a bit old, I believe I ran into the same problem and managed to track down the issue. I have a possible solution but would like further testing/feedback, especially on Windows. More details are on the GitHub issue page here:
Add-on is keeping skin files open which prevent skin updates (#41)