Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback volume issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just fired up a NUC2820 running thru Onkyo TX-NR737 to the TV. Volume within the Kodi menus (TV tunes show theme as example) plays at what sounds to be twice the volume of actual video playbacks. Receiver must be turned to -25db for decent volume during video playback (crazy loud when flipping back to the Kodi menus)

Audio output device: HDA Intel PCH, ONK TX-NR737 on HDMI
Number of channels: 2.0
Output configuration: Optimized
Stereo upmix: Enabled
Maintain original volume on downmix: Enabled
Resample quality: High
Enable passthrough: Enabled
DD AC2 capable receiver: Enabled
Enable DD transcoding: Enabled
DD+ (E-AC3) capable receiver: Enabled
DTS capable: Enabled
True capable: Enabled
DTS-HD capable: Enabled

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Further info: Helix 14.2, Openelec, and the NUC2820 is connected to the Onkyo via HDMI. Video playback requires -25db for full sound, and that has to be lowered to -40db if, as an example, a TV Tune is triggered while reviewing my library.
If it's a matter of providing more info, let me know what is missing and I will track it down. Again, any assistance would be appreciated.
Stupid question: Have you adjusted Kodi's volume? Use the + or - key to raise or lower. This won't affect bistreaming, but it will affect kodi's menu and any PCM material.

Otherwise, it's seems from your description to just be a matter of different volume levels for your source material. Especially if you are bitstreaming the audio. As a lark, you may want to try removing the maintain volume on downmix setting (although I don't think it would matter).
I appreciate the response, and Kodi's volume is maxed. As you described, possibly just a source material issue not realized until I moved from a STB to an HTPC.