Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Kodi throughout the house
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to possibly use 1 kodi device throughout the house. I have TVs in 4 different places in the house that I would like to use Kodi for, but I'd prefer not to build 4 different systems. I would rather not move my current system around either depending on the TV I'm using, so is there any way that you know of to share a system? The best way I can think of is to run HDMI through the walls and connect in that way if I can get the signal split, but I don't know how practical that is for HDMI.

Thanks!
Why not just get a Raspberry Pi for each TV? Much less hassle than trying to run HDMI through your walls and having to deal with splitters, etc. Plus you can then use each TV independently to watch something different.
I am looking into it. I have never used a Raspberry Pi, but it is certainly the cheaper route
I went ahead and ordered a Raspberri Pi kit to try out. Thanks for the advice!
I am intwrested in this aswell. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck :-)
I ordered a Raspberry Pi kit on Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I put everything together and installed Raspbian. I then installed Kodi, and it works like a charm! I did have to modify the GPU memory to allocate memory for the video to get things to play, but since then it has been great! Now if I can just get my internet faster to actually handle streaming better I'll be all set Smile
Streaming isn't always about internet speed. Depending on what you are doing, and what source it comes from, you could be connected to a fiber ring at your house and still get a shit stream.