Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Guys, just enable automatic backups and if it gets whomped just restore it. It really isn't that big of a deal.
(2016-01-23, 17:55)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, just enable automatic backups and if it gets whomped just restore it. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Um I wouldn't do that ! Automatic Updates with other Repo's out there can trash you system ! If one addon doesn't like the other !
(2016-01-23, 18:10)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 17:55)jctennis Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, just enable automatic backups and if it gets whomped just restore it. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Um I wouldn't do that ! Automatic Updates with other Repo's out there can trash you system ! If one addon doesn't like the other !

@jctennis is referring to automatic settings2 backup...

As for automatic updates, you should only have trusted repos installed... I would never have superrepo installed that could definitely trash your setup.
As a reminder for v.0.7.2 users, it's required you "Force Channel Reset" under PTVL's general settings...

It's highly recommend you use Jarvis RC1. Users should also take advantage of the channel configuration repair tool found under 'utilities'... it will search out any malformed channel configurations and remove offending entries.
(2016-01-23, 17:55)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 17:48)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 03:28)colin_clout Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to rollback? This update once again trashed my setup.

My setup got trashed as well (OpenElec kodi 14.2).. I downloaded this zip, replaced, and then disabled the repo to kill future updates

What's the point of using this software if you won't read the documentation included with the updates?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2222053

[sarcasm] Also, thank you for continuing the success of this plugin by uploading your logs and reporting any problems for inspection... the two of you are fine examples of what makes this community successful! [sarcasm]

I didn't see that twitter post, but I did try a channel reset and it was still broken in various ways. It's jarring when a software gets an update that the user didn't request, then things break. For example, I was away from home for 3 days, and the TV was busted and my wife couldn't fix it. I can't speak for every user, but I don't think the majority of users will read every changelog, people just want things to continue to work after it's configured.

I'm not knocking the work you do Luna, please don't take it that way. I don't want development to stop, and I am grateful for all updates, but I do think that breaking changes should be avoided in a production environment, maybe a beta channel will help somehow? I don't know man
(2016-01-23, 18:28)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 17:48)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]My setup got trashed as well (OpenElec kodi 14.2).. I downloaded this zip, replaced, and then disabled the repo to kill future updates

What's the point of using this software if you won't read the documentation included with the updates?

[sarcasm] Also, thank you for continuing the success of this plugin by uploading your logs and reporting any problems for inspection... the two of you are fine examples of what makes this community successful! [sarcasm]

I didn't see that twitter post, but I did try a channel reset and it was still broken in various ways. It's jarring when a software gets an update that the user didn't request, then things break. For example, I was away from home for 3 days, and the TV was busted and my wife couldn't fix it. I can't speak for every user, but I don't think the majority of users will read every changelog, people just want things to continue to work after it's configured.

I'm not knocking the work you do Luna, please don't take it that way. I don't want development to stop, and I am grateful for all updates, but I do think that breaking changes should be avoided in a production environment, maybe a beta channel will help somehow? I don't know man

Production? its BETA software... the thread title also indicates it You are not forced to update.

If there is a bug and you had posted a log in your OP it would have been fixed and pushed to repo by now.

The problem could be on your end... One can only guess how out of date files and configurations are on your end.

Test by autotuning all new channels... let PTVL settle down (finish building channels). Is it working now?

You are participating in beta software... Its recommend you help and provide constructive feedback
I agree. There's such an adversarial tone between developer and user here, that it's healthier for me to stay away. Community engagement goes both ways dude, it's not a license for devs to talk down to users who use their stuff.

Good luck to you on your future endeavors.
(2016-01-23, 19:05)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. There's such an adversarial tone between developer and user here, that it's healthier for me to stay away. Community engagement goes both ways dude, it's not a license for devs to talk down to users who use their stuff.

Good luck to you on your future endeavors.

I apologize if you took the tone badly, I edited the response.
(2016-01-23, 17:48)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 03:28)colin_clout Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to rollback? This update once again trashed my setup.

My setup got trashed as well (OpenElec kodi 14.2).. I downloaded this zip, replaced, and then disabled the repo to kill future updates

I read your twitter post and forced channel reset as soon as the update occurred. It still broke my setup. The condescension seems unnecessary. Not every problem can be sussed out by a log report btw, which is why answering very basic questions helps to narrow a problem down in a more encompassing way.
(2016-01-23, 20:51)colin_clout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23, 17:48)BrianFantana Wrote: [ -> ]My setup got trashed as well (OpenElec kodi 14.2).. I downloaded this zip, replaced, and then disabled the repo to kill future updates

I read your twitter post and forced channel reset as soon as the update occurred. It still broke my setup. The condescension seems unnecessary. Not every problem can be sussed out by a log report btw, which is why answering very basic questions helps to narrow a problem down in a more encompassing way.

Log == Fix, rolling back only retards the growth of this plugin.

If you want to show your appreciation, you should contribute logs or constructive feedback.
Again, not every problem can be answered with a log. Some times updates need reworking and rolling back until the bugs are fixed is the best solution for the time being.
What?, I'm telling you I need logs. Why are you insisting they aren't needed... Updates need reworking? How would they be "reworked" without a log?

This is hopeless either you want to help or you don't... Use the old builds and when time comes for you to update lets hope whatever issue you had was magically resolved.
I discovered an issue with mine when I upgraded PseudoTV Live 0.7.2, that I was unable to use any of my remote buttons to bring up the EPG, exit, info or anything. This was occurring on multiple Kodi boxes with this new version, but i did discover a fix. If you run across this issue on yours, go into settings of PseudoTV live, Utilities - first select 'Backup Configurations' - then select 'Repair Configurations'. After doing these steps on my Kodi media centers everything starting working correctly.
I never said you didn't need logs, but what I did say is that not every problem can be revealed in a log and some problems occur in ways that are not capable of producing logs.

I don't want to argue with you anymore because I don't want to be that guy who complains about a free software that is in beta being coded by someone who is contributing their valuable time. These things I understand and I am not ungrateful of that. I understand your contribution. I will try to contribute in more meaningful ways in the future.
Ok so I re-installed the repo, and updated to the latest version. OpenElec linux, kodi 14.2

When I press the stop button, ptvl used to terminate, now when I press stop, all key events stop working. I have to reboot kodi to get key events back.

I can get you logs if needed, just say the word.

I'm going to update to kodi 15 today, hoping that it's related
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38