Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2017-02-22, 15:44)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]No, PseudoTV Live requires a Kodi library. You can "import" your plex library into Kodi then use it.

If the above is unacceptable, there is only one "Channel Type" in PseudoTV Live that allows "NON" kodi library media. The "Directory" channel type parses a given path for media but with the caveat that metadata and artwork is not included, just raw filenames and paths are parsed.

Hi Lunatixz,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sad to hear it's not possible to use the Plex For Kodi plugin directly with your PseudoTV Live plugin. That would have been awesome since it's one of the biggest things missing for Plex atm. :-(
I can't duplicate my Plex library into Kodi, because I don't have enough storage on all my devices (I run Plex on several devices) and I can't use the Directory Channel approach because I can't access my data on all devices all the time, while Plex streams them from my server to where ever I need my media to play Confused
(2017-02-22, 17:05)Bart274 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-22, 15:44)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]No, PseudoTV Live requires a Kodi library. You can "import" your plex library into Kodi then use it.

If the above is unacceptable, there is only one "Channel Type" in PseudoTV Live that allows "NON" kodi library media. The "Directory" channel type parses a given path for media but with the caveat that metadata and artwork is not included, just raw filenames and paths are parsed.

Hi Lunatixz,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sad to hear it's not possible to use the Plex For Kodi plugin directly with your PseudoTV Live plugin. That would have been awesome since it's one of the biggest things missing for Plex atm. :-(
I can't duplicate my Plex library into Kodi, because I don't have enough storage on all my devices (I run Plex on several devices) and I can't use the Directory Channel approach because I can't access my data on all devices all the time, while Plex streams them from my server to where ever I need my media to play Confused

You don't physically duplicate media, you create a Kodi library. Emby and Plex have plenty of docs on how to export to Kodi's database...

BTW I forget to mention using the "UPNP" channel type... Since Plex is a UPNP server this should work.

Sent from my SM-G935T
So I have my local library loaded with the Emby plugin for Kodi. My friend has a Plex library that he shares with me. Lunatixz, are you saying that it is not currently possible to load both those libraries into PseudoTV to build channels?

And I think I saw something about incorporating Amazon Prime Video on there. Is that truly possible? I have a feeling I misinterpreted that.
(2017-04-09, 04:11)fonzie Wrote: [ -> ]So I have my local library loaded with the Emby plugin for Kodi. My friend has a Plex library that he shares with me. Lunatixz, are you saying that it is not currently possible to load both those libraries into PseudoTV to build channels?

And I think I saw something about incorporating Amazon Prime Video on there. Is that truly possible? I have a feeling I misinterpreted that.

Yes emby is fully supported with PTVL, I'll release a short demo video covering v.0.9.x. Meanwhile v.0.8.0x should work "okay" with emby.... For total support you'll have to wait for the next PTVL version... It's required you enable a setting in the emby plugin inorder for it to work with PTVL... I believe it was called "Direct Path".

As for incorporating Amazon with PTVL, in short Yes it can work... Ex with the playon browser I have Netflix channels in PTVL.

Basically ANY source that "plays" in Kodi can be added as a channel in PseudoTV Live... So if there is a working Amazon plugin (not a script that launches a browser)
You can add it as a channel. Good luck Smile BTW massive improvements with the upcoming release...

Sent from my SM-G935T
Good to know. I currently have the 0.8 version installed from your repo and it seems to work pretty wekll with Emby set to use direct paths. The channel switching takes a few seconds and navigating the EPG has a slight delay but I'm really liking the capabilities of this addon.

You're actually getting me real interested in using PlayOn now to marry my Amazon, Netflix, and Kodi content all within the same program.

What new changes can we expect for the new 0.9 version? Is there a tentative release date?
Hello,

I can install PseudoTV Live 0.8 in my Kodi 16 (Jarvis) running on Fire TV without problems.
But.. .the Kodi becomes "mute".. and i have to connect a USB keyboard to "unmute".

Another problem... the PseudoTV not show the EPG Channel list after configure...

Is there any limitation to running Pseudo on Fire TV ??

In OpenElec not working...i have the error "dependences"

Sorry.. but my english is realy bad...
Ive started rebuilding from scratch using latest release of Kodi and a blank PTVL slate to figure out why it stopped working many moons ago.

I have installed the latest from the Repo 0.8.0f

I use mostly Smart Playlists to generate channels to make things quicker but I setup a quick test with just 1 channel and the following playlist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>[TV Sitcom Central]</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>SITCOM</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>100</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

This playlist use to work in PTVL a while ago but at some point many playlists stopped working and now when I add it as a channel it simply says "cannot populate"

I can open that playlist in Kodi and it populates just fine.

Do I need to post logs?
(2017-07-04, 06:46)phsyraxion Wrote: [ -> ]Ive started rebuilding from scratch using latest release of Kodi and a blank PTVL slate to figure out why it stopped working many moons ago.

I have installed the latest from the Repo 0.8.0f

I use mostly Smart Playlists to generate channels to make things quicker but I setup a quick test with just 1 channel and the following playlist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>[TV Sitcom Central]</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>SITCOM</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>100</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

This playlist use to work in PTVL a while ago but at some point many playlists stopped working and now when I add it as a channel it simply says "cannot populate"

I can open that playlist in Kodi and it populates just fine.

Do I need to post logs?
I no longer provide support for v.0.8.x the code is almost a year old, logs would have been appropriate then.

New active development is towards v.0.9x it's a complete refactoring of the code and will be the new foundation for future updates.

Its release is pending and will not be backward compatible with prior PseudoTV versions.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Quote:I no longer provide support for v.0.8.x the code is almost a year old, logs would have been appropriate then.

I stopped using PTVL back in 0.6.x since I spent more time trying to get things working after each update than I did using it. Was trying to revisit it to see if I could revive Kodi since it's been unused since I got AppleTV and there's really little left in this old project that draws a person back... PTVL was probably the only thing useful that AppleTV/Plex cannot offer.

First Meedio died on me and now Kodi's slowly dying too. Most of the addons I ever used are all dead with people moving on. Oh well, was a fun 10 years.
?
(2017-07-04, 08:54)phsyraxion Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I no longer provide support for v.0.8.x the code is almost a year old, logs would have been appropriate then.

I stopped using PTVL back in 0.6.x since I spent more time trying to get things working after each update than I did using it. Was trying to revisit it to see if I could revive Kodi since it's been unused since I got AppleTV and there's really little left in this old project that draws a person back... PTVL was probably the only thing useful that AppleTV/Plex cannot offer.

First Meedio died on me and now Kodi's slowly dying too. Most of the addons I ever used are all dead with people moving on. Oh well, was a fun 10 years.
PTVL is NOT dead, I spend way too much of my free time developing it. I merely stopped pushing live updates.

The project has always been in beta, ie. Things will break! Users never really understood that part and either refused to post logs, used older versions looking for "stability" or just bad mouthed the project.

When the majority of users ceased using new code, I suspended updates inorder to address bugs that were going unreported/unnoticed between builds making the software gradually more unstable.

I have spent the better part of a year refactoring the code, not only is PTVL almost 95% new refactored code; it also takes advantage of Kodi's Krypton API.

Your options are to wait for v.0.9x, or use the older versions and remind yourself everytime you encounter a bug that I would have gladly fixed it ASAP if it had been reported during v.0.8.x development.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thank You Lunatixz very very much for your work is awesome... i cant install On Next addon what is in the repo list. greetings from argentina
soo stupid question, after enabling debug log inside of PseudoTV where does it save so I can upload it or is it just the normal Kodi debug log? Yes I do have both Logs enabled. I was following the instructions for v.0.9.x and they were a little different, as there is not a upload log file inside the help section within the settings
(2017-07-23, 23:11)RORO-RR Wrote: [ -> ]soo stupid question, after enabling debug log inside of PseudoTV where does it save so I can upload it or is it just the normal Kodi debug log? Yes I do have both Logs enabled. I was following the instructions for v.0.9.x and they were a little different, as there is not a upload log file inside the help section within the settings

To answer the question, yes its a normal Kodi log and you could use Kodi log uploader plugin... However I've suspended development of v.0.8.x and will not be reviewing logs.

My focus is on v.0.9.x which is a complete refactoring of code in order to address bugs and improve performance.v.0.9.x wasn't release yet but you can track development at @pseudotv_live
(2017-07-23, 23:25)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]However I've suspended development of v.0.8.x and will not be reviewing logs.

I guess it's pointless to ask about the strange channels created by the updated USTVNow video addon in PTVL! then? Basically how instead of playing the basic free channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc) it instead for some reason creates the following:

1. Live USTV - LiveTV
  2. Scheduling USTV - LiveTV
  3. Recordings USTV - LiveTV
  4. Guide USTV - LiveTV
  5. Featured USTV - LiveTV

Can you possibly give us some more information about the new v.09 branch here? Twitter likes to lock the tweet and replies unless you log in and I really have no need for a Twitter account these days. (The last time I tried creating an account they locked me out unless I gave them my phone number, which besides being unnecessary I consider an invasion of privacy.) Or is the news about the v.09 update not in the threads and somewhere else?

I'm interested but I can't find it on Twitter.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38