Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
I'm sorry, Twitter is the outlet i've chosen to blog progress, query feedback and post screenshots...

USTVnow autotuning will not work with the new plugin, but you can always manually create the channels in the configuration manager.
on version 9 or a subsequent version I got a request

I have like 500 tv series recorded I would like to be able to
setup a guide so I have maybe 20 channels
and then set the days of the week and times that shows play
like thursday night at 9pm NakedAndAfraid would play
and then every week on thursday it would play the next episode

and set up all my shows to play that way on all the channels
that way I can watch them like they were live on TV ...
be able to setup a full prime time lineup .. actually an all day lineup

not just random shows or ones that are played back to back

and then have filler shows when I don't schedule a show..

something like that .. idk

but if I set up just a few channels then I would have enough shows for a lineup

either that or I guess i will just hunt and pick from kodi which is not as fun

thank you for considering this
(2017-08-02, 01:27)ZippyTheChicken Wrote: [ -> ]on version 9 or a subsequent version I got a request

I have like 500 tv series recorded I would like to be able to
setup a guide so I have maybe 20 channels
and then set the days of the week and times that shows play
like thursday night at 9pm NakedAndAfraid would play
and then every week on thursday it would play the next episode

and set up all my shows to play that way on all the channels
that way I can watch them like they were live on TV ...
be able to setup a full prime time lineup .. actually an all day lineup

not just random shows or ones that are played back to back

and then have filler shows when I don't schedule a show..

something like that .. idk

but if I set up just a few channels then I would have enough shows for a lineup

either that or I guess i will just hunt and pick from kodi which is not as fun

thank you for considering this

Already a part of PseudoTV v.0.8.x Please take a look at the advanced channel rules in the channel configuration manager.
Is there anyway to move the transparent channel logo to the bottom right of the screen? Smile
(2017-08-03, 03:14)LupinSansei Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to move the transparent channel logo to the bottom right of the screen? Smile
You have to edit the skin...

Sent from my SM-G935T
Oh ok I'll give that a try. I have one more question is it possible to play a show from the beginning in order? Or is that preserved for the on demand feature? I hope that makes sense. For some reason I like having the channel logo show on my shows like it would on actual Live TV.
(2017-08-11, 21:36)LupinSansei Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok I'll give that a try. I have one more question is it possible to play a show from the beginning in order? Or is that preserved for the on demand feature? I hope that makes sense. For some reason I like having the channel logo show on my shows like it would on actual Live TV.

Yes, you could disable the "real-time" aspect of PseudoTV two ways:

1: Globally for all channels via settings (ie. channel times at startup)
2. individual channels via advanced settings.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.
Tomorrow, I am going to start a project where I rebuild my HTPC and I want it to be centered around PseudoTV with everything else as an afterthought (Plex viewing is second, Amazon prime viewing is 3rd) and the only (iffy) line in the sand is that it has to use a flavor of Windows (preferably 10) as it's OS.
Here is what I have:

* TV hooked into HTPC via HDMI from EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
* FLIRC for Logitech Harmony (old school) * i5 5gen - 16gb RAM
* 512GB SSD
* HDHomerun w/ OTA antenna pulling 48 channels
* A QNAP server with all of my movies, shows and music on shares. (bazillions of files, all legal of course!)
* A Plex Server already setup to Pull from QNAP that can see all of my files and which they are named properly for
* Youtube subscriptions to Channels I would like to see in the list
* USTV to see in the list
* Amazon Prime pull would be awesome but not required
* TRAKT account
* PlayON acct (not sure that this matters anymore without cable)
* Plex running DVR off of HDHomerun and putting my shows on the QNAP

TV and Sound are all ready configured properly and I have written up all of my settings, this wont be an issue.

I want to build this out right the first time and I am willing to read and plan what needs to happen to make this the best it can be with all of these pieces, but I would like to hear what others think about how to get the most from this setup on the HTPC end and especially with the KODI setup and PseudoTV. I wanted to see what would happen if I were to brainstorm with you guys before I even get started to make the best setup possible and get it right the first time on this build-out.
This is most of what my entire entertainment setup is going to revolve around, so any documentation you guys know of or tips and pointers would be appreciated.
I realize that Google exists, so no need to say that as a response. I am going this route here instead of just Google, like I have in the past, because I want to know what people I can talk back to and ask questions to directly have to say about because I feel like my current setup is not living up to it's possibilities.

Thanks!

edit: if not Windows, convince me otherwise without Linux fanboyism because I am already a Linux user and don't need to be sold on the concept of open source, just on why it would work best for this purpose.
(2017-08-21, 20:27)Kupajava Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow, I am going to start a project where I rebuild my HTPC and I want it to be centered around PseudoTV with everything else as an afterthought (Plex viewing is second, Amazon prime viewing is 3rd) and the only (iffy) line in the sand is that it has to use a flavor of Windows (preferably 10) as it's OS.
Here is what I have:

* TV hooked into HTPC via HDMI from EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
* FLIRC for Logitech Harmony (old school) * i5 5gen - 16gb RAM
* 512GB SSD
* HDHomerun w/ OTA antenna pulling 48 channels
* A QNAP server with all of my movies, shows and music on shares. (bazillions of files, all legal of course!)
* A Plex Server already setup to Pull from QNAP that can see all of my files and which they are named properly for
* Youtube subscriptions to Channels I would like to see in the list
* USTV to see in the list
* Amazon Prime pull would be awesome but not required
* TRAKT account
* PlayON acct (not sure that this matters anymore without cable)
* Plex running DVR off of HDHomerun and putting my shows on the QNAP

TV and Sound are all ready configured properly and I have written up all of my settings, this wont be an issue.

I want to build this out right the first time and I am willing to read and plan what needs to happen to make this the best it can be with all of these pieces, but I would like to hear what others think about how to get the most from this setup on the HTPC end and especially with the KODI setup and PseudoTV. I wanted to see what would happen if I were to brainstorm with you guys before I even get started to make the best setup possible and get it right the first time on this build-out.
This is most of what my entire entertainment setup is going to revolve around, so any documentation you guys know of or tips and pointers would be appreciated.
I realize that Google exists, so no need to say that as a response. I am going this route here instead of just Google, like I have in the past, because I want to know what people I can talk back to and ask questions to directly have to say about because I feel like my current setup is not living up to it's possibilities.

Thanks!

edit: if not Windows, convince me otherwise without Linux fanboyism because I am already a Linux user and don't need to be sold on the concept of open source, just on why it would work best for this purpose.
I'm going to give you one bit of advice, whatever you do don't try to use an addon called PlexKodiConnect to get your media into your library. PTVL will crawl instead of fly like it should with your setup. Let Kodi manage your media for the best experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Trakt seems to be disregarding the setting to not rate or register videos as watched, no USTVNow support (am too stupid to figure out how to set it manually) so I'm constantly getting spammed with messages to rate videos and have no basic networks streaming live. Sad

Really, really looking forward to the v.0.9.x release!

UPDATED: I managed to figure out how to add the channels from USTVNow, just no channel guide information. Still happier than I was but I'll still be very much happy to see the new version of PseudoTV Live! when it becomes available.
I have another question. Is it possible to have a show in two or more channels? I know Psuedo Live Manager could do this but the link to that is dead.

For example I have some shows that are on both Cartoon Network and Cartoon Network's sister channel Boomerang. I'd like to include some shows in Cartoon Network while keeping them in Boomerang.
seems like when i watching a film or episode from this addon
the episode or film turn in to progress of watching on library Movies or TV Shows
i think it will better if it not marked by watcing or watched or in progress

EDIT:
Trakt addon seem to be disregarding the setting to Disable Trakt and Disable Playcount
Was fiddling around with the Channel Manager on v0.8.0f and saw that under the settings for channel types it said Music Videos coming in the future. Does that mean that when v0.9.x finally gets released we'll be able to create music video channels?
(2017-09-06, 05:07)bornagainpengui Wrote: [ -> ]Was fiddling around with the Channel Manager on v0.8.0f and saw that under the settings for channel types it said Music Videos coming in the future. Does that mean that when v0.9.x finally gets released we'll be able to create music video channels?
Not music videos, just music channels that play your Kodi music library. Music videos would be the same process as normal video channels.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38