Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2015-11-07, 18:50)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any news for those issues under live tv through pvr backend?
1.When you watch a live tv channel you can't jump to a "local"channel because the mumeric pad pops up?
2.If you jump between live tv channels "info overlay"doesn't pop up.If you press info it pops up but shows the previous channel information.

Thanks

1. it's an issue with Kodi, they added the popup to Isengard, and I've requested getting it removed.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233781

I believe it's fixed in Jarvis?

2. I haven't experienced any sync issues with the overlay, log?
Hello Luna and all,

I have an interesting problem that I was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to resolve.

So I'm using PseudoTV Live on the recent 0.7.0d build that was released earlier today and I'm having a problem with channels changing on their own. This seems to be affecting both normal video and YouTube channels.

Now I know that commonly this might be seen as this issue:

Quote:Channels change on their own?
PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.

That doesn't appear to be the issue though. All of my channels load great - videos come up and play with no issues. However after about 20 seconds on each channel it automatically changes to the next sequential channel.

With the way this seems to be doing things on its own, I would almost be sure that there is a setting somewhere controlling how this is being done but I can't find it. I've changed a few things in settings just doing some testing but haven't had any change in behavior. Some of the things I've done are:

Modifications to the settings mentioned above from the FAQ
Changed the "Channel Change Delay" from default to 120
Enabled/Disabled the "Enable QuickFlip" setting

Also I've gone through error logs and haven't seen anything glaring along with my videos loading fine otherwise in Kodi so this has me stumped. Here's one thing I've noticed though - I've been a PseudoTV Live user for months and utilized the same settings2.xml for my channels. I've discovered that version 0.6.3.k works perfectly fine with channels with no issues with channels changing. Granted there have been massive changes with the Addon since then but I'm not sure anything would have been modified to have caused this behavior.

By any chance does anyone have any suggestions with how I might be able to resolve this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions![/quote]
(2015-11-08, 22:50)cult Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Luna and all,

I have an interesting problem that I was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to resolve.

So I'm using PseudoTV Live on the recent 0.7.0d build that was released earlier today and I'm having a problem with channels changing on their own. This seems to be affecting both normal video and YouTube channels.

Now I know that commonly this might be seen as this issue:

Quote:Channels change on their own?
PTVL has two internal timers used to predict when a channel fails to play. By Default they are setup with liberal timeout values... But some users may require tweaking. Settings can be adjusted under "Debugging":
If PTVL detects a failed playback, it will try to close any open dialogs ie "Playback Failed", Force Stop playback if the link is hanging. Finally it will trigger the last user action ie. Channel UP/Down/Last Channel.
Wait for Playback (seconds) - How long between a given time (2-4 seconds) should PTVL check if a show is playing.
Force Playback timeout (seconds) - How long should PTVL wait for playback to start.

That doesn't appear to be the issue though. All of my channels load great - videos come up and play with no issues. However after about 20 seconds on each channel it automatically changes to the next sequential channel.

With the way this seems to be doing things on its own, I would almost be sure that there is a setting somewhere controlling how this is being done but I can't find it. I've changed a few things in settings just doing some testing but haven't had any change in behavior. Some of the things I've done are:

Modifications to the settings mentioned above from the FAQ
Changed the "Channel Change Delay" from default to 120
Enabled/Disabled the "Enable QuickFlip" setting

Also I've gone through error logs and haven't seen anything glaring along with my videos loading fine otherwise in Kodi so this has me stumped. Here's one thing I've noticed though - I've been a PseudoTV Live user for months and utilized the same settings2.xml for my channels. I've discovered that version 0.6.3.k works perfectly fine with channels with no issues with channels changing. Granted there have been massive changes with the Addon since then but I'm not sure anything would have been modified to have caused this behavior.

By any chance does anyone have any suggestions with how I might be able to resolve this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
[/quote]

If this post included a log... chances are I would have pushed a fixed within the hour... unfortunately v.0.7.0d is the last update for awhile @ 4:30 the broncos kick off, and in 36hrs I'll be traversing the wastelands...
https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...8041375744
Ok, here's my most recent log from Kodi:

http://pastebin.com/RMx4MeVE

If you have the time to look at this let me know, otherwise I'll check up with you once you get back. Thanks!
Would anyone be interested in splitting the cost of premium Ustvnow and sharing it? I would be willing to pay half the monthly cost.

My wife wants to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade in HD and I don't want to pay the full monthly price for just one day.

Let me know if you are interested. I can PayPal the money or run the account and have you PayPal me. I already use the free service.
(2015-11-11, 03:31)Kalebbroo Wrote: [ -> ]Would anyone be interested in splitting the cost of premium Ustvnow and sharing it? I would be willing to pay half the monthly cost.

My wife wants to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade in HD and I don't want to pay the full monthly price for just one day.

Let me know if you are interested. I can PayPal the money or run the account and have you PayPal me. I already use the free service.

You can rent the service for just one day for like $2.99.
Scraped media library error.
(2015-11-14, 13:42)anukilimanoor Wrote: [ -> ]Scraped media library error.
What?
I'm slightly confused about something. On one hand you say you won't offer support to people that use banned addons/repos. But on the PTVL site, you have a plug for Real Debrid. Real Debrid doesn't work with any legitimate addon in the official repo besides maybe a pron addon here n there. And technically, that's illegal too. I still don't get what the devs have against TV Addons when the official repo has addons that support direct torrent streaming. Also illegal. "Sega" is forcing hierarchy over commercials. If I change to a channel with "Sega" content, the moment the video connects, the commercial stops playing and the video proceeds to start from the beginning although I have start over disabled. I would post a log, but you said you aren't offering support anyway. Just giving you a heads up.
I tried to configure pseudo TV Live using the zip file linked in this thread. But I was getting the scraped media library error while trying to run this addon. Is there any step by step installation video/ note available?
Later I installed the same using Community portal along with library and this time I could able to run this addon but couldnt able to watch live tv shows. I'm new to this addon. Thanks...
(2015-11-15, 10:59)anukilimanoor Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to configure pseudo TV Live using the zip file linked in this thread. But I was getting the scraped media library error while trying to run this addon. Is there any step by step installation video/ note available?
Later I installed the same using Community portal along with library and this time I could able to run this addon but couldnt able to watch live tv shows. I'm new to this addon. Thanks...

You can read these guides...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241600

https://s3.amazonaws.com/github/download...System.pdf
I've tried signing up for the website so I can participate in the community there, but I never get my email for verification. Checked spam and all the rest.

Also, I'm having an issue where I don't think PTVL is picking up all of the files at once like it used too. I run on a pretty hefty machine and like to have the media limit per channel set to unlimited (to ensure proper episode order) and lately everytime I start PTVL it has to run through like 600 more files. This wasn't an issue in the past.
Still cannot use Live instead of Lite.

Take the same channels over to Live and....

1. No interleaved channels will work, hangs the system and I must reset..
2. After it says completed populating channels it is about 1 minute until it moves on.
3. It then Hangs on the big fancy channel change logo display thing. Sometimes with a show playing in the background (cannot be seen)
4. The one time I waited long enough to get to see a show on screen when I opened the EPG it was blank and I lost control of the system and had to reset.

Side issue - when populating channels it hits 100% around halfway through populating the channels, then continues on to 110%, 150%,
Edit - this side issue seems to be an issue where the max % is 1000 instead of 100

Hurts a little to see the Solid Run logo up there as I am using the Quad Core Cubox i4

Now let the testing begin I guess. So test 1.

I removed all the streams, of which there were 5.
My channels are now all made up of smart playlists.

1. Start PTVL
2. It loads up the channels, no interleaved channels or streams, only smart playlists
3. It loads past 100%, to 1000% it looks like, it goes very fast at the end - hard to tell.
4. Hangs on completed screen for 30 seconds to a minute.
5. Plays the psuedoTV live opening video
6. Changes screens to the channel loading screen, hangs there for 1 minute, shows video properly
7. Change channel
8. Hangs on channel loading overlay for around 5 minutes, shows video properly
9. Change channel
10. Hangs on channel loading overlay for around 2 minutes, shows video properly
11. Click to show EPG
12. EPG overlay shows but with no channels or tv listings, just blank grey with show up top left playing properly, rss feed scrolling, and times showing
I cannot get rid of this overlay or do anything except press stop and the video then stops, overlay remains and I must reset the machine.

here is my log file.

coming soon
(2015-11-17, 04:02)theking7426 Wrote: [ -> ]Still cannot use Live instead of Lite.

Take the same channels over to Live and....

1. No interleaved channels will work, hangs the system and I must reset..
2. After it says completed populating channels it is about 1 minute until it moves on.
3. It then Hangs on the big fancy channel change logo display thing. Sometimes with a show playing in the background (cannot be seen)
4. The one time I waited long enough to get to see a show on screen when I opened the EPG it was blank and I lost control of the system and had to reset.

Side issue - when populating channels it hits 100% around halfway through populating the channels, then continues on to 110%, 150%,
Edit - this side issue seems to be an issue where the max % is 1000 instead of 100

Hurts a little to see the Solid Run logo up there as I am using the Quad Core Cubox i4

Now let the testing begin I guess. So test 1.

I removed all the streams, of which there were 5.
My channels are now all made up of smart playlists.

1. Start PTVL
2. It loads up the channels, no interleaved channels or streams, only smart playlists
3. It loads past 100%, to 1000% it looks like, it goes very fast at the end - hard to tell.
4. Hangs on completed screen for 30 seconds to a minute.
5. Plays the psuedoTV live opening video
6. Changes screens to the channel loading screen, hangs there for 1 minute, shows video properly
7. Change channel
8. Hangs on channel loading overlay for around 5 minutes, shows video properly
9. Change channel
10. Hangs on channel loading overlay for around 2 minutes, shows video properly
11. Click to show EPG
12. EPG overlay shows but with no channels or tv listings, just blank grey with show up top left playing properly, rss feed scrolling, and times showing
I cannot get rid of this overlay or do anything except press stop and the video then stops, overlay remains and I must reset the machine.

here is my log file.

coming soon

Post issues in the BUG reports thread, not here.
So is it possible to have a smart playlist channel of videos using .nfo files? I tried to create a concert channel and it's a no go, it gives me the "make sure your media is scraped to your library" message. I'd use a scraper but some of them are local bands and others are just not listed so they would not have any info on the websites.

Edit: rather, is there anything specific I should be adding to my .nfo files? An example of one nfo format looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicvideo>
<title>Pantera - Live @ Monsters Of Rock (1992)</title>
<artist>Pantera</artist>
<year>1992</year>
<plot>Monsters of groove metal Pantera play to a massive crowd in Moscow, Russia at the Monsters of Rock festival in 1992</plot>
<genre>Metal</genre>
</musicvideo>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38