Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Watch recording from guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if this is a feature yet, but if so I cannot find out how to make work. I would like the option for when I select a show in the EPG that is currently recording, I get a pop up that asks if I would like to start from the beginning and sends me into the active recording instead of live tv. Is this possible?
(2015-10-23, 17:54)Huckster Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if this is a feature yet, but if so I cannot find out how to make work. I would like the option for when I select a show in the EPG that is currently recording, I get a pop up that asks if I would like to start from the beginning and sends me into the active recording instead of live tv. Is this possible?

It is possible for a skin to show this (as of Kodi 15). When you select an entry in EPG, you should get a dialog pop-up. If the selected show is recording, there should be a button "switch" and a button "play recording". Check if this is working for you in Confluence.

scott s.
It should be possible with the latest nightlies, can you test with that?
Note that if you are using a Jarvis nightly, I think your skin needs to support DialogPVRInfo.xml. If you just run an unmodified Isengard skin I don't think DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml is used any more. Best to check first in Confluence, then your skin of choice.

scott s.