Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change highlight color on menu bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone tell me how to change the highlighted color on the menu bar from just white to a certain color. orange preferably.i'm talking about the color of the font when it is hovered over want to change from brite white to orange same goes for sub menu items.
Really? no one? is it even possible? someone please chime in
Have some patience, it's only been 45 min. Not looking at it right now, but I believe it's in Includes_Home.xml.
Sweet thanks braz!
For the main menu;

Add the following to your defaults.xml in the skins colors folder
Code:
<color name="orange">FFFF8800</color>

then change line 49 in the Includes_Home.xml to
Code:
<textcolor>orange</textcolor>

Not sure on the submenu though
Big thanks SeedyEvil!!!! this kodi shits getting fun. worked like a charm. now to get the sub menus? I started looking in the includes_home.xml when braz said something and kinda knew what i had to change without knowing jack s$#t about coding. Maybe i'll get this yet.
Braz big thanks to you as well. you helped me big time with mimic. now i appreciate your help with this build too.Mimic is still my go to, love the large font sizes and color schemes through the gui. every skin should have that.
does anybody know hot to change the color of the sub menu text? and what line to change in font.xml to change the sub menu font size. thx
(2015-10-26, 00:16)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: [ -> ]does anybody know hot to change the color of the sub menu text? and what line to change in font.xml to change the sub menu font size. thx

would like to know too how to cchannge the submmenu font color. Mine seems hidden ? :-s
To edit submenu:

Lines 169-212 of Home.xml. Have added comments to the lines that need adjusting.
Please note that changing font to a larger one may require you to make additional adjustments to make sure everything lines up and/or displays properly (for example the heights of each of the labels below or Lines 20-30 of Home.xml where the submenu bar height is set.

Code:
<itemlayout height="87" width="300">
    <control type="label">
        <width>300</width>
        <height>41</height>
        <font>font13_title</font>     <!--FONT FOR NON_SELECTED SUB MENU ITEMS-->
        <textcolor>grey</textcolor>     <!--COLOUR FOR NON_SELECTED SUB MENU ITEMS-->
        <shadowcolor>shadow</shadowcolor>
        <align>center</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    </control>
</itemlayout>
<focusedlayout height="87" width="300">
    <control type="group">
        <visible>Control.HasFocus(9010)</visible>
        <control type="image">     <!--**DELETE FROM HERE-->
            <width>300</width>
            <height>41</height>
            <texture>listselect_fo.png</texture>     <!--CHANGE IMAGE IN TAGS TO CHANGE HIGHLIGHT IMAGE IF NOT DELETING-->
        </control>     <!--TO HERE TO REMOVE HIGHLIGHT FOR CURRENT FOCUS SUB MENU ITEM**-->
        <control type="label">
            <width>300</width>
            <height>41</height>
            <font>font13_title</font>     <!--FONT FOR CURRENT FOCUS SUB MENU ITEM-->
            <shadowcolor>shadow</shadowcolor>     <!--ADD IN "<textcolor>yourcolorchoice</textcolor>" ABOVE THIS LINE TO CHANGE TEXT COLOUR-->
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
        </control>
    </control>
    <control type="group">
        <visible>!Control.HasFocus(9010)</visible>
        <control type="label">
            <width>300</width>
            <height>41</height>
            <font>font13_title</font>     <!--FONT FOR LAST SUB MENU ITEM TO HAVE FOCUS-->
            <textcolor>orange</textcolor>     <!--COLOUR FOR LAST SUB MENU ITEM TO HAVE FOCUS-->
            <shadowcolor>shadow</shadowcolor>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
        </control>
    </control>
</focusedlayout>
Thanks for the sub menu info. Now is there a way to delete the theme color from the highlighted sub menu item?
(2015-11-11, 22:50)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the sub menu info. Now is there a way to delete the theme color from the highlighted sub menu item?

Do you mean the blue color that surrounds the text. If so you can delete the following lines from the Home.xml

Lines 184-188
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>300</width>
    <height>41</height>
    <texture>listselect_fo.png</texture>
</control>

Alternatively you can just replace 'listselect_fo.png' in the <texture> tag above with the image of your choice. use

Code:
<texture>new_pvr\blank.png</texture>

to use a blank image from within the Nox skin

Edit: Have updated code in post 10 to show all this as well
How can i change the opacity of the sub menu and info bar. I'd like to make it darker.
thanks
Quickest way would be to a colordiffuse option to the texture tags. For instance
Code:
<texture flipy="true">submenu_bar.png</texture>
would become
Code:
<texture colordiffuse="black" flipy="true">submenu_bar.png</texture>
NOTE: Using "black" will give you the darkest option

You can use any colours name defined in the colors\defaults.xml or enter your own using 8 digit hex code. (look in the colors\defaults.xml for examples).
You could also substitute the textures if you so wish.

Below is details of which parts of the skins Home.xml you need to edit

Lines 20-30 For Info Bar
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>1780</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture flipy="true">submenu_bar.png</texture> <!-- ADD colordiffuse="black" OR SUBSTITUTE TEXTURE USED -->
</control>
<control type="image">
    <left>1780</left>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture flipx="true" flipy="true">submenu_end.png</texture>  <!-- ADD colordiffuse="black" OR SUBSTITUTE TEXTURE USED -->
</control>
Lines 145-156 For Submenu Bar
Code:
<control type="image" id="90101">
    <left>50</left>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture>submenu_end.png</texture>  <!-- ADD colordiffuse="black" OR SUBSTITUTE TEXTURE USED -->
</control>
<control type="image">
    <left>140</left>
    <width>1780</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture>submenu_bar.png</texture>  <!-- ADD colordiffuse="black" OR SUBSTITUTE TEXTURE USED -->
</control>
You da man! will give this a go. Thanks!!
Pages: 1 2