Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: my kodi icon disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my kodi and nitro icons disappear from my apple tv2 desktop after upgrade,its still jailbroken,i log into the apple tv2 using putty and resend command 'apt-get update
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get install org.awkwardtv.whitelist
apt-get install com.nito.updatebegoneConfused
apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-seatbeltunlock
apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2'
but nothing happened.could someone tell me what going on.how can i know if these programs is still install?or why my icons disappear?i can use filezilla client too to login.any i day?thanks
Same thing happened to me.

ATV2 running iOS 5.0.2
I had NitoTV and Kodi 14.1 running.

I updated with NitoTV yesterday and I lost the NitoTV, Kodi and Maintenance logos.

I can still SSH into my Apple TV though.
is there anyone that could help on this issue.i am stock here.i did some reading trouble shooting but no icons.Sad
I had the same problem with ATV2, iOS 5.0.2 with NitoTV and Kodi 14.1 installed.
After upgrading I lost the NitoTV and Kodi icons from the FrontRow.

After several hours of googling, trial and error, I found that the problem was upgrading beigelist from version 2.2.5-10 to 2.2.6-27
The problem was solved by downgrading the dreadful beigelist to the previous version:

code:
apt-get install beigelist=2.2.5-10

You can find out which files were upgraded as well as the previous versions, searching the log:

code:
less /var/log/apt/term.log

Be VERY careful when downgrading, I am not an expert and do not know what may happen if you downgrade something you shouldn't....
For example I didn't dare to downgrade mobilesubstrate
I guess I got lucky and nothing worse happened!!
my problem was my apple tv2 was not jailbroken no more.so i had to rejailbreak install nito and then install kodi.all is good thanks for your reply.