Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help with nfo files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I have some videos that the kids watch. They are not on TVDB or anything like that and there is no way to scrape the metadata for them. I am trying to get them to show up in the library with nfo files but no success. I don't need any fancy information (really just need the title of the video and I would like it to show up under "Spanish Videos" which is the folder they are all stored in). Here is how I am formatting them but they ate not showing up:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
   <movie>
        <title>Numeros del 1 al 100</title>
        <genre>Spanish Videos</genre>
   </movie>

Can someone please help me with the formatting of the xml so they will show up?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
The NFO looks fine so far. It might depend on how you named the file. The NFO files have to be named exactly as the movie file.

So for example, if you have a movie called:

spanish_movie_01.mkv

the NFO should be named:

spanish_movie_01.nfo

I don't get what you mean with that:

Quote:and I would like it to show up under "Spanish Videos" which is the folder they are all stored in

Do you have a custom home menu item which is called "Spanish movies"?
If yes, then the genre tag might not be the best thing. Not 100% sure, because not very familiar with custom home menu items. But I would do it in another way.

I would either store all those kids movies in a special movie set. Then the NFO should look like this:

Code:
   <movie>
        <title>Numeros del 1 al 100</title>
        <genre>Spanish Videos</genre>
        <set>Spanish Movies</set>
   </movie>

The "set" tag have to be in all your NFOs of the movie you want to be in the set. And it's case sensitive. So be aware you write it correct for all NFO files. The Name of the set can be whatever you want.

Or I would create a special profile for the kids and add only those movies to their own library. You can add only the "spanish videos" folder as a source and you are done...if you have correct working NFO which is explained above.

Hope it helps.

Greetings
Thanks David1977. I do have the nfo file names exactly matching the video file names. What I meant about:

"and I would like it to show up under "Spanish Videos" which is the folder they are all stored in"

is that in the library, I want them to show up under "Spanish Videos" when I browse. But this got me thinking and the genre tag might be what is mucking things up. They should appear under "Spanish Videos" anyway because this is the folder they are stored in. I will test by removing this tag.

UPDATE:

No luck with removing the tag. Now the files are like:

Code:
   <movie>
        <title>Cabeza, hombros, rodillas, pies</title>
   </movie>

and they are not showing up.

Sad
get us a Debug Log
Did you add the folder as a source? And if yes, how did you set the scraper up?

Get us some screenshots from your sources and the scraper settings. I can't even see, that your system tries to scan the nfo or the movie.

And tbh, I would remove all those banned addons from your system. Sometimes those are causing issues and it's very hard to get support in here, while those are installed.
Thanks for the tips. I changed the tag to <musicvideo> and it worked after a refresh.

As for the banned add-ons, I know. I use a quick setup and config script to get my KODI up and running and one of the side effects is all that junk. Makes shut down take forever too. Unfortunately I got a lot of "dependencies not met" errors when installing add-ons if I don't use the quick setup and config script. Dunno what it does but add-ons install with no problems after I use it.