Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Verve ("Big Screen" clone/replica) skin in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Predictions when its "beta-able"?
HarshReality Wrote:Predictions when its "beta-able"?

Soon.. very very soon... but when...?? Big Grin

MacGyver said :

I could get it done alot quick with some icons to use, and dirction from someone with artistic talent. So if you want it done quicker, post transparent icons for the home and settings screens, and make picture of how you think the settings and home screens layout should look, I will code it to look that way. It don't have to be a great picture, even a pensil drawing is fine, just describe the way you envison it working.

So don't hesitate to find, create free icons etc..
I you don't want (or can't), no problem, we'll do it.. but in free time... Big Grin
Ok, I got to work on it a little this weekend, so here is the updates.
Completed:
home 60%
settings 85%
video 85%
music 70%
pictures 50%
settings-categories 90%
all others 0%

Since a pictures is worth a thousand words, here you go.

I have some problems I need some input on though.
First, why doesn't this work?
<onup>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</onup>

Second, why doesn't the skin have access to the variables related to the SystemInfo.xml file in other windows.
I'm trying to merge that windows information into the settings window, see above.

Is there a way to tell the skin to display the use a different view if you are in the first menu dictated by the sources.xml file, .ie, the top level of video, music, photos, programs, to be displayed in a listview, and sub menus in a wrapview.

Also has Jmarshall considered the 4-point icons yet, ie. TL=0,TR=50,BL=50,BR=100, so that icons can be skewed at angles like parallelograms?

I still need graphics to replace ChokeManiac's. (to know how badly I am at graphics just look at the filling cabinet and xbox in the home screen)

Let me know what you think, sorry it's so slow going, but I'm new to skinning and can only work on it in my spare time.

Also, all the colors above are supported.

I welcome any suggestions.
I believe it was tslayer that said, "42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

1. <onup>, <ondown>, <onleft> and <onright> are for navigation to other controls, they require an id. So make a blank button and use <onfocus>

2. They do some info in the form of infolabels. check the wiki

3. views can be kept on a user basis. Do you want to force a view?

Looking good
And no, skewed images have not been implemented as yet.

As for the differing view modes - they're saved per user. Nothing you can do to default them otherwise I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Jonathan
MacGyver Wrote:Also has Jmarshall considered the 4-point icons yet, ie. TL=0,TR=50,BL=50,BR=100, so that icons can be skewed at angles like parallelograms?

I looked into the animation code and just skewing would be very easy to add as it is an affine transformation (in that parallel lines are preserved), this makes it just another matrix transform along with the others (rotate, zoom, translate).

The problem is that the general case "4 point" behavior is not affine in that it allows trapezoids instead of parallelograms and so a matrix will not work with it... at least not a current 2-d matrix (really its a 2.5d matrix since its 2x3 to allow for translation).

I was thinking we could just bump this matrix up a dimension and add a simple projection matrix to get a desired 3Dish effect. After this you need to make sure you render all 4 points transformed instead of just the top-left and bottom-right. I need to give the interface to the skinner more thought though.
The bogus button onfocus worked great, thanks Nuka1195.

Jmarshal is there a list of ALL variables that the skin has access to?
I looked in the wiki, but it can't be complete, I'm trying to populate some screens with info from the systeminfo.xml, but that xml is just like a settings sub cat window, ie. xbmc uses the skin to display rather then the skin displays varibles. look at the top left image above to see what kind of info I'm talking about.
GUIInfoManager.cpp/h is what handles all info labels.

Not all of them are there obviously. The System Info area is GeminiServer's work. I don't know which ones are really necessary to be allowed to be movable - to be quite honest I find 95% of them completely useless.

Cheers,
Jonathan
When browsing the media files u think u can make the background customizable, another words let the user cchoose a custom wallpaper/background for each folder or section?
One suggestion....

Kill the tabs. Make the options scroll and the current selection enlarged... this conforms more to the look & feel of the rest of the skin.
The tabs are kind of part of XBMC, It might be possible to set all the settings another way using individual buttons for each setting, but it would take a LONG time to code, and I can't visualize setting all those settings another way. They aren't really "tabs" per se as much as horizontal buttons that look like tabs. Smile

Backgrounds seem doable, I'll see if I can't diffuse an image against the background starting at the bottom of the virtual back wall (about 1/4 of the way from the bottom of the icon)

I like Chokemaniacs graphics, and would love to use them, but I REALLLLLLY need some new ones, to release it as it is now, I would have to have my skin pull graphics from his PM3 skin's texture.xpr. That's easy, but not very pretty, and I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy, with me appropriating his IP that way.

It's a running theme in most of my posts, and the SVN comments are the same, WE NEED GRAPHICS.

I see what I can do about the suggestions some time this week if I can.
Well if you really need graphics go post it over on xbox-scene forums lots more people go there than here and lots of people there do graphics but not xml
I should come here to the XBMC forums more often, i loooove that dvd poster view you have in the skin (I first saw it in another thread which i just replied to, doh!), so many great xbmc skins ahhh!!!! wonder waht it woulda been like if all this was here a few years ago Big Grin
Added the ability to set a custom background, it will mirror on the virtual "floor" as well.

Here is a screenshot of it set to windows bubble image.
It can also be turned on and off by the skin settings menu.
Question, would it be possible to add the ability to get the dimensions of the ListItem.Icon to use in another texture, ie. "height=ListItem.Icon(y), width=ListItem.Icon(x)" so that picture icons can be previewed in a frame with the proper aspect ratio?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5