Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing menu item QNAP TS851
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi my first post so sorry if I am in the wrong area. Please bear with me as I am 77 so a bit slow on the uptake sometimes....

I have just installed a QNAP TS-851 NAS for my home theatre setup and I'm running the latest available version of Kodi available on the QNAP site.

1. When I look at the menu on my TV I see only Video and Add-ons - no Library menu item shown.

2. On my PC WIndows 7 Ultimate I see Video - Library - Add-ons.

How can I attach images - only see the possibility of via a site? Is there any direct way of uploading a couple of small jpg files like on the videohelp.com site ?

The setup for both the Linux Qnap and WIndows is the same - ie same boxes are ticked etc... So why doesn't the Library menu item not show up on the TV whilst looking at KODI on my QNAP ? What have I missed?

Many thanks

Gear:
BeyonWiz DP-P1 PVR + LiDiC +T3
Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV
Yamaha A1030 amp
Popcorn Hour C200
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
Netgear R7000
Chromecast
What is your setting level at? You can adjust your setting levels in Kodi.

Wiki
Have you scanned anything into the library on your new machine? If your not sharing the DB, then each Kodi instance needs to scan the video and music files to populate the library
Many thanks for the help. It all works now. I discovered on the Qnap remote the button below the home button which has 3 parallel lines with ticks next to each. This brought up the menu item on the screen that included set content. From there the penny dropped. I now have the Library and Movie items shown....