Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Android] SMB Not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have multiple Windows devices set up under the exact same set up of my Android devices. I use a router with USB 3.0 Capabilities to host my Hard drive over the network to access files. I use a Belkin AC1750 DB Wireless Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router to do this

On Windows, I just look via SMB and ROUTER comes up under this menu. On Android, I try to reproduce and NOTHING shows up. Is SMB not supported on Android? I've tried using either the 2.4 GHz Wireless or the 5GHz Wireless and have no success. I've reproduced success with using the SMB on two desktop PCs and 1 Microsoft Surface 3 tablet. But can not reproduce the same results on either my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2" (2014) or my LG G4 (H811 - 2015) both running 5.1.1.

What seems to be the issue?
I'm having the same problem all of a sudden on 15.2 final / Android tablet. For months, no issues with viewing from a Windows SMB share shared through Windows 10. Now, Kodi doesn't recognize SMB at all. I've checked through ES Explorer that the shares are accessible alright. When trying to add a new SMB share in Kodi, I get "Error 2: share not available". It doesn't even access the network, apparently. Is there an addon update that could cause this?
Sorry, found the cause: My Fritz!box (Router) didn't like the custom local DNS I had set up. Reverted to default and things work again. Total case of user error...