Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Block Kore Download Movie option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have developed a piece of hardware that allows people to store their copyrighted content (Hollywood movies) completely legally. I've chosen Kodi to be the front end of the device to allow people to watch that content. Additionally, I love the idea of using their mobile device with Kore to be the remote for the media server.

The problem is that Kore gives users the option to download any of the movies to their device, which defeats the copyright infringement protection I'm trying to create (by allowing more than 1 copy in existence).

With the flexibility of Kodi there's got to be a way to disable or block this feature, but I can't seem to find it searching through settings and online. How can I go about allowing users to use Kore, but not allowing them to download the movies stored on the Kodi server?
I'm not sure that there is a setting that blocks that, as that is done through the internal Kodi webserver (through json-rpc, see here:http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Files).

I guess you would have to change Kodi's code to disable those functions.
Yeah, that's about what I was looking to do since I have control of the files on the server. Thanks!

Has anyone had experience doing thing before that can steer me in the right direction? (Please let me know if there's a better place to be posting this question).
You need to set AllowSharing to false in the sources.xml and hope they do not have access to change it Smile
@Tolriq that sounds about right. I can't seem to find the sources.xml where AllowSharing would be. Where does Kodi store that/where would I create that so Kodi uses it?