Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lip sync issue with Sony android tv and soundbar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear community experts,

Been a Kodi user since a long time (on windows, android tablets and phones, etc.). I love the way the app plays everything without any issues from my SMB share (I prefer SMB over DLNA media servers due to subtitle issues).

I needed a new TV and went for the sony because of its android TV functionality and of course, the possibility to install Kodi.

It's again playing all sort of file formats but I do have a small issue now.

I have an LG soundbar connected to my TV and lip sync works perfectly for normal television and other sources.

Although, with Kodi, the Audio and video don't seem to be in sync. I tried playing around with most settings but this didn't help at all. When I activate the TV speakers instead of the soundbar, A/V is perfectly in sync.

The built in sony media player does not have any issues with this but it only supports DLNA media server and no SMB share.

I do notice when I start up Kodi, it changes my sound volume from the soundbar, so I guess it's doing something to the audio output at that moment.

I am using the latest available version in the play store for Android TV.

Any clue on other things I could try out to fix this? Any optimal settings for an Android TV? It concerns a KDL-55W807C (the same as 805C but in silver color) in combination with the LG NB4540 soundbar, connected through HDMI ARC.

Thanks in advance,

Niels