Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPNP NOT WORKING WITH ANY ADDON - see log file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was recenly using UPNP just fine running Kodi from laptop and streaming via the UPNP to my Samsung Smart TV. It was working like a charm with all compatible addons.

About a week ago it just stopped working. I can still see my Smart tv in the "Play Using" section when i right click the file i wish to play.

I have enabled all the UPNP settings within Kodi. I have double checked the option to support alternative player within youtube settings. As i said i have had this working with other addons and none of them are working but i have used YOUTUBE addon to demonstrate my bug/error on the log file below.

I have tried the following.

1. Virgin media super hub settings, (ensured upnp was enabled)
2. Tried another router of the same kind which i had as a spare (rang virgin got it connected and no joy)
3. Tried both wireless and through ethernet.
4. Reset router
5. Factory reset on Samsung smart 3d tv.
6. Made sure the kodi youtube settings box was ticked so as to use other devices.
7. Reinstalled windows.
8. Upgraded windows to windows 8 then windows 10.
9. Rang samsung to check all was ok settings wise.
10. Same with virgin.
11. Tried a different device with kodi installed.
12. Made sure kodi upnp settings were all correct.

I cannot think of anythingelse i can do, I have even tried previous version of Kodi as it was working with v15.1. I just don't understand why all of a sudden it no longer works.

In youtube (kodi) i right click and it even picks up my tv and i click it but it just wont transfer it.

Can anyone help me. Been trying this for over a week now. I would really appreciate any help.

http://xbmclogs.com/pkdstqhrv

The only errors/warnings I can find are pasted below. Unless I am missing something?

17:21:09 T:3260 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezonecountries" of "locale.timezonecountry"
17:21:09 T:3260 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezones" of "locale.timezone"

17:21:10 T:3260 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "PVR.Details.Channel"
17:21:10 T:3260 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "PVR.Details.ChannelGroup.Extended"
17:21:10 T:3260 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "GUI.Property.Value"
17:21:10 T:3260 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"

17:22:35 T:3260 ERROR: CUPnPPlayer:TonguelayFile(https://r3---sn-8pgbpohxqp5-ac5l.googlev...ps=2098750) failed to find a matching resource
17:22:35 T:3260 ERROR: UPNP: CUPnPPlayer::OpenFile - unable to open file https://r3---sn-8pgbpohxqp5-ac5l.googlev...ps=2098750
edit: nvm
(2015-10-29, 21:13)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]edit: nvm

Helpful
I was about to ask for a full debug log so that devs can have a detailed look but missed your link. That's why I edited my post
sorry thought you were taking "P".

here is another with debugging enabled.

http://xbmclogs.com/pkdstqhrv
Does Windows Media Player suffer in the same way? Grab a MP4 file and RIGHT CLICK. Select the PLAY TO menu. Does your Samsung appear on the list? If yes, what happens if you select it?

Don't need any UPnP in your router for KODI to work. Ignore the router, the issue is not there. (Also ignore anything the Virgin "support" guys may have said as they are clearly not understanding the issue if they thought it was to do with their router)
(2015-10-31, 21:10)BatterPudding Wrote: [ -> ]Does Windows Media Player suffer in the same way? Grab a MP4 file and RIGHT CLICK. Select the PLAY TO menu. Does your Samsung appear on the list? If yes, what happens if you select it?

Don't need any UPnP in your router for KODI to work. Ignore the router, the issue is not there. (Also ignore anything the Virgin "support" guys may have said as they are clearly not understanding the issue if they thought it was to do with their router)

When i right click an mp4 I can right click and sent to tv and watch it on tv without problems. The samsung tv appears when i right click an mp4 as an option.
(2015-11-01, 10:58)danjoel86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-31, 21:10)BatterPudding Wrote: [ -> ]Does Windows Media Player suffer in the same way? Grab a MP4 file and RIGHT CLICK. Select the PLAY TO menu. Does your Samsung appear on the list? If yes, what happens if you select it?

When i right click an mp4 I can right click and sent to tv and watch it on tv without problems. The samsung tv appears when i right click an mp4 as an option.
Excellent... so that shows that the PC and Samsung are setup correctly. Nothing wrong with the network. So now we only need to look into the KODI settings.

Ah... I think you may have found a bug. I am also seeing the same issue here.

When I right click a YouTube video I see my three UPnP devices listed in my house. Select my Panasonic TV and nothing happens. Select it a second time and I am told to check my debug log.

I then swap into my Film Library and select a file and right click and Play Using... this time it works perfect and the film kicks in.

It's not you, it is KODI. I get the same error.

10:42:11 T:2976 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.9) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
10:42:11 T:5432 ERROR: CUPnPPlayer:TonguelayFile(https://r1---sn-8pgbpohxqp5-ajtl.googlev...22&itag=22) failed to find a matching resource
10:42:11 T:5432 ERROR: UPNP: CUPnPPlayer::OpenFile - unable to open file https://r1---sn-8pgbpohxqp5-ajtl.googlev...22&itag=22
10:42:11 T:5432 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=sh-9uZjg1Tg]
Hmmmmmm, When i go into my film libary and right click on "Play using" i still get nothing. I used to be able to add movies to my libary in certain addons and then head over to the libary right click and it would pick up the T.V and send it straight across. Thank you ever so much for looking into ths for me. It's been driving my crazy and nobody seemed to have the answer.

I wonder why i can't play through the libary as you can?

Can you log this bug with the relevant person.
Could this/Will this be rectified do you think?

Thanks for taking your time to help. Much appreciated.
Remember that when you do a "Play Using" command then you are relying on the Samsung's own "smart" being able to play that video natively. I know my 2012 Panasonic has problems with some MKV types.

Pick out that MP4 video you tested in the earlier post outside of KODI. Now test that from within KODI. Is that happy?

I am avoiding the add-ons and how certain add-ons will put things into your library for playing mainly so we can confirm if this is a *core* KODI issue.

As to reporting bugs - I have no idea. I'm only a user like you. At the top of the page is a link to BUGTRACKER. Dig into there and report the issue. Point at this thread too. Stick to YouTube add-on when reporting as once that is fixed then I expect your other add-ons will kick back in too.
Once again thanks,

Ok, but how do i access that mp4 to try with from within kodi? The mp4 i used was just a sample downloaded from a website which is now sat in .mp4 format in my videos folder under c://

How do i get that file from within the youtube app?
UPDATE..

I have figured out how to add my video folder into kodi. I just went to VIDEOS--then--FILES and added it from there, I right clicked on that very same file and clicked "Play using", chose my tv and it went straight across. This was not using the youtube addon but just the general Kodi interface if you know what i mean?

Does this mean if that is working then my Kodi upnp settings must be correct?

Maybe were getting somewhere here.....
Progress... you have just successfully played a video by the "normal" method just using the raw KODI interface. No add-ons. This lets you know that your KODI UPnP settings are correct. And so is your TV and your network.

As you have managed to "play using" that MP4 you have learnt a few other things. Not every type of video will work with "Play Using" - only videos that your Samsung TV can natively decode. Depending on the age of your TV, this will mean many encoding types just will not work on your Samsung TV. My 2012 Panny certainly has a few newer video types it could not handle. It is why I stopped using UPnP and attached KODI to the screen directly. KODI can play everything fine that way.

If you know that the YouTube and other add-ons used to work with "Play Using" then I am pretty sure you have found a bug.
Looks like this is a bug then. The Tv is a late 2015 model and has played all the youtube files and other addons via the "play using" just fine.
I'm also starting to think this became damaged with the 15.2 update (kodi). I did try and revert back to 15.1 but i think when i started kodi up it automatically updated back to 15.2 so i can't really say for sure. I,m going to try and log this bug now and will keep an eye out for anybodyelse with same issues so as to help others. Thanks for your help. I would give you some rep but for some reason i cannot send PM's or Rep to anybody as it says i dont have access or havent been registered which i obviously have, but that's a separate issue,

Cheers for your help :-)
UPDATE - Suspected bug logged through bug tracker with pointer to this thread. Hopefully this could be sorted with next stable release. :-)
Pages: 1 2