Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Play Music - From scratch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Or can you use the skin views with the addon?
Say if u click music albums
you go to google addon albums and then use the skin views?
Do widgets work?
(2016-04-20, 19:21)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-20, 19:11)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Damn,; waiting for ages to get that
Sad
My kodi music library is so empty right now.. dont have albums cause i use streaming services...

I know that feeling Wink

I don't have any music left in kodi what so ever.
Only using my gmusic add-on Big Grin

Customized my skin so that e.g. selecting Artists, Albums, Playlists would redirect me to my add-on instead of kodis library Smile

You customized skin you say, then i would be able to customize skin say for if i click to go to kodi library, instead i go into addon , google my libary

NO?
Is it hard?
(2016-04-20, 19:28)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]No problem mate

Just an idea: add a youtube movie in first post, to show your addon
Wink

Hehe, might do that at some point

But if that "attracts" (more) people, that usually means even more work for me (and I hate work) Big Grin
(2016-04-20, 19:38)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]You customized skin you say, then i would be able to customize skin say for if i click to go to kodi library, instead i go into addon , google my libary

NO?
Is it hard?

Yeah exactly that.
No it's not really hard if you generally know how to use kodi AND if you use a skin that supports skin shotcuts.
Currently I use arctic.zephyr (not in the official repo) just google for it Wink
Cool, might try tonight lol

What about the views?
(2016-04-20, 19:41)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, might try tonight lol

What about the views?

Read the FAQ on the first page. Little tricky but possible and I described it as good as I could Wink
(2016-04-20, 19:00)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the super late reply.

Believe it or not but I just now got a LibreElec VM going AAAAND found the problem (and boy oh boy am I face-palming right now ._.)

Anyway.
Should be fixed really really soon and I'll throw that update straight into the repository.

HOWEVER, I have no idea if it will fork for you on your AMD E-450 APU but we'll see.
Someone from the team is helping me with some crypto stuff and we might be able to get rid of the c-extension meaning
the add-on will work an all platforms that (so the plan at least)
This is not 100% though, just saying. So don't quote me on that Smile

Awesome. I haven't tested yet but will do as soon as I get access to my kodi boxes. I also have an intel openelec so will let you know if it works on either or both or none. Thanks so much for this work... I'm dying to get my streaming service working through kodi and want to stick with openelec if I can because it's so lightweight and such a quick startup.
(2016-04-21, 12:43)crashgybe Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. I haven't tested yet but will do as soon as I get access to my kodi boxes. I also have an intel openelec so will let you know if it works on either or both or none. Thanks so much for this work... I'm dying to get my streaming service working through kodi and want to stick with openelec if I can because it's so lightweight and such a quick startup.

I feel you.
That's why I re-wrote (from scratch) the gmusic add-on to have more control over "it working and doing what I want in general". (Working on a whole new youtube add-on as a side-project kinda thing. Let's see how that goes)

On intel it really should work. On your other setup I hope it will too Smile

Yeah openelec is easy from a user-perspective, not so much for me as add-on dev especially when I rely on libraries (gmusicapi) that come with a crap-load of dependencies Big Grin

How all works out for you and thanks for testing Smile
Pity no android support
Yay! Working on Openelec AMD E450 - at last I'm streaming my gmusic here.

For clarity - does "Listen Now" work for anyone? Throws error for me. But the other features seem to work (still testing). Thanks very much!

"Listen Now" error: http://xbmclogs.com/pnnvfpry6

Intel Openelec, on the other hand: songs not playing. But this could be because it's on Kodi 15.2 not 16. I'll try latest openelec beta on there.
(2016-04-21, 13:50)crashgybe Wrote: [ -> ]Yay! Working on Openelec AMD E450 - at last I'm streaming my gmusic here.

For clarity - does "Listen Now" work for anyone? Throws error for me. But the other features seem to work (still testing). Thanks very much!

"Listen Now" error: http://xbmclogs.com/pnnvfpry6

Intel Openelec, on the other hand: songs not playing. But this could be because it's on Kodi 15.2 not 16. I'll try latest openelec beta on there.

Happy to hear Smile

In terms of "Listen Now".
This is the only place where I actually send the users locale (well, whatever python tells me the locale is at least) as I display those "It's Thursday afternoon" (or whatever) from google.

The crashlog would suggest that google maybe didn't find something for your locale (wild guess though).
I could catch that error (so the entry would be missing but the rest would be accessible at least)

If you could do me a favor (I assume you know how to use a commandline)
1. SSH to your openelec instance
2. then run
Code:
python
3. in the python console do:
1.
Code:
import locale
and confirm
2.
Code:
locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
and confirm
4. let me know what it tells you Smile

Than I can test with your locale (I'll add a catch for "just in case" as a crashing add-on is a bad add-on) but let's see if we can't fix it Smile
(2016-04-21, 14:32)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of "Listen Now".
This is the only place where I actually send the users locale (well, whatever python tells me the locale is at least) as I display those "It's Thursday afternoon" (or whatever) from google.

The crashlog would suggest that google maybe didn't find something for your locale (wild guess though).
I could catch that error (so the entry would be missing but the rest would be accessible at least)

If you could do me a favor (I assume you know how to use a commandline)
1. SSH to your openelec instance
2. then run
Code:
python
3. in the python console do:
1.
Code:
import locale
and confirm
2.
Code:
locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
and confirm
4. let me know what it tells you Smile

Than I can test with your locale (I'll add a catch for "just in case" as a crashing add-on is a bad add-on) but let's see if we can't fix it Smile

Yes, ssh is my friend.
Code:
>>> import locale
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
(None, None)
>>>

I got no response to the python commands so I tried dropping the [0] from the final command for fun. No default locale then?

I tried the same thing on python on my desktop fedora box and got 'en_ZA' as default locale so that's correctly set.
(2016-04-21, 15:11)crashgybe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, ssh is my friend.
Code:
>>> import locale
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
(None, None)
>>>

I got no response to the python commands so I tried dropping the [0] from the final command for fun. No default locale then?

I tried the same thing on python on my desktop fedora box and got 'en_ZA' as default locale so that's correctly set.

Perfectly done and huh? what the...
Well that explains why you get a crash Smile

Once I'm home I'll try and replace the "use system locale" with using Kodis locale configuration.
I'll let you know wants I'm done Smile

Oh and thanks again for helping me out Smile
(2016-04-21, 13:21)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Pity no android support

Just watch out for me screaming at some point that pycryptodome as dependency is gone.
If I manage that, all platforms will be supported.

Not an easy task though and needs to be seen if I can get it to work Wink
(2016-04-21, 15:28)Tadly Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and thanks again for helping me out Smile

Hardly! You're helping me.

Incidently, it seems this lack of locale on openelec is not unusual. I tried one solution of setting the locale in the ~/.profile as follows:

Code:
export LANG=en_ZA.UTF-8

And then the python commands returned the correct info:

Code:
>>> import locale
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
'en_ZA'

But this didn't seem to change anything so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree. I even tried setting it to en_US.UTF-8. No change. Hmmm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13