Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with remote mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running OE with MCE IR receiver and HP MCE remote. Basically everything works fine ootb, but now I would like to change some buttons and add a script to a button on a remote. And actually there is one button that I can see when ssh into OE and running irw, but can't get that button working. I tried KeymapEditor too, it is great, but can't map a button as it only performs a function (playpause) and I can't change it. OK, many things, let's see the first:

irw output:
Code:
OpenELEC:~ # irw
e0 0 KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN devinput
e0 0 KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN_UP devinput

I want to map this button to run a script. At the moment, this button is not recognized in KeymapEditor addon, if I press it, nothing happens.

I guess I need to create a lircmap.xml file, but not sure about the correct path and content. Once I have lirc.xml, what next? Do I need keyboard.xml or remote.xml file?

The path I used: smb://openelec/userdata on openelec/keymaps

lirc.xml conent:
Code:
<lircmap>
  <remote device="devinput">
    <script1>KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN</script1>
  </remote>
</lircmap>

keyboard.xml content:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <script1>RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0)</script1>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

This is not working for some reason. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The next thing is, there is a button on my HP MCE remote that is for some reason doing play/pause. The irw output is:
Code:
a4 0 KEY_PLAYPAUSE devinput
a4 0 KEY_PLAYPAUSE_UP devinput

Obviously, I have play and pause buttons on the remote and they are working fine. I'm not able to change the mapping of this button. In KeymapEditor if I try to remap this button, I just get the pause/resume function performed, no mapping is done.