Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this to work perfectly… thanks so much for the step-by-step tutorial.

Can anybody assist in figuring out how to install repositories? I found a few threads but those were all using jail broken iPads. I installed it without the jailbreak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(2016-01-02, 03:52)514m Wrote: [ -> ]I got this to work perfectly… thanks so much for the step-by-step tutorial.

Can anybody assist in figuring out how to install repositories? I found a few threads but those were all using jail broken iPads. I installed it without the jailbreak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I believe many people are installing DBMC Dropbox addon from the Kodi repo. Then you can use it to transfer zip files onto your machine and install from zip.
Amazing! Thanks for your help wgstarks!
Thanks for the guide and all the work that have been put into this project by all involved parties!

Been using it for a couple of days now, and for an alpha alpha alpha preview, it works really great.
Awesome tutorial, worked first time (iPhone 6S Plus) Big Grin
(2015-11-17, 11:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 11:14)jonmuss Wrote: [ -> ]Managed to get this working on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus and all seems to be ok except for the 'failed to start common cache' error at startup after installing Music Box. If the profile only lasts for a few months does this mean that I have to re sign and re install the app on each device? Will it work with iOS 9.2 when it comes out?
Dantheman thanks for this it is great to get kodi on my iOS devices without jail breaking them and your guide is easy to follow.

I think the common cache error may be from the plugin using some kind of binary that isn't signed and therefore iOS won't run it... (This is a limitation of not being jail broken)

Yes, when the profile expires you will need to re-do this process.

It should work when iOS 9.2 comes out assuming there are no compatibility issues with Kodi itself

I think they last about 3 or 4 months and at that point the app won't launch

You shouldn't lose any Kodi settings as long as you don't delete the app from the device

I am running on non jb 6s+. Only way I could get rid of the failed to start commoncache error was to go into the commoncache plugin configuration and turn off Autostart with XBMC, then restart Kodi and it should be gone.
My add-ons>Services>Common plugin cache>Configure. Turn off Autostart with XBMC, restart Kodi.
Anyone had success installing FFMPEG to their non-jb iOS device?
I cannot get this to work, I downloaded Xcode, and again and again, it won't let me get passed the "fix" part. I tried to delete my ID, and re add it, and it's still not giving me permission. I even added a new iCloud account, and says summ about the strings. I'm so freaking pissed at this point .
(2016-01-03, 19:06)Nfidel Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone had success installing FFMPEG to their non-jb iOS device?

FFMPEG is a library, do you have any more specific application?

This app should sign almost any app that you throw at it as long as it is in a compatible format (.app, .ipa, .xcarchive, and Cydia compatible .deb files)

(2016-01-04, 09:11)Hotlinx Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get this to work, I downloaded Xcode, and again and again, it won't let me get passed the "fix" part. I tried to delete my ID, and re add it, and it's still not giving me permission. I even added a new iCloud account, and says summ about the strings. I'm so freaking pissed at this point .

Sometimes things can get a little goofy with Xcode... A more specific error message would be helpful

You can also try removing your account(s) using the Xcode preferences and then delete the certificates from keychain, then Xcode should offer to fix them when you add your account back in... You will have to revoke any certificate and existing provisioning profiles you may have made though
Is it possible to update Kodi on tvOS without losing everything. Like addons and everything else. Thanks
(2016-01-04, 09:44)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-03, 19:06)Nfidel Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone had success installing FFMPEG to their non-jb iOS device?

FFMPEG is a library, do you have any more specific application?

This app should sign almost any app that you throw at it as long as it is in a compatible format (.app, .ipa, .xcarchive, and Cydia compatible .deb files)

(2016-01-04, 09:11)Hotlinx Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get this to work, I downloaded Xcode, and again and again, it won't let me get passed the "fix" part. I tried to delete my ID, and re add it, and it's still not giving me permission. I even added a new iCloud account, and says summ about the strings. I'm so freaking pissed at this point .

Sometimes things can get a little goofy with Xcode... A more specific error message would be helpful

You can also try removing your account(s) using the Xcode preferences and then delete the certificates from keychain, then Xcode should offer to fix them when you add your account back in... You will have to revoke any certificate and existing provisioning profiles you may have made though

Just change the name of the bundle identifier to something you haven't used yet.

I ran into this and the problem was that the iOS version I had selected in Xcode did not match the iOS version of the connected device. After I got these set up identically, the fix procedure worked perfectly.
After I hit the fIx button, I get the "NO DEVICE REGISTERED, creating a provisioning profile requires one or more device to be registered with your team . Connect a device to your Mac to add it to your team .

I have done this numerous Time, deleted all certain in key chain, and retried. Still no luck with this fox button? Any help? Smile I'm so lost

another thing to make sure. When you are in the General tab where you put the bundle identifier and your apple account, make sure the side bar is visible and you are highlighted on Kodi and NOT koditests or kodiuiTest. or the "fix" error will not get fixed
(2016-01-04, 16:50)Hotlinx Wrote: [ -> ]After I hit the fIx button, I get the "NO DEVICE REGISTERED, creating a provisioning profile requires one or more device to be registered with your team . Connect a device to your Mac to add it to your team .

I have done this numerous Time, deleted all certain in key chain, and retried. Still no luck with this fox button? Any help? Smile I'm so lost

This sounds like you have either koditest or kodiuitests highlighted in the side view instead of being highlighted on Kodi