Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I'm " green" to all the technical stuff, I can only follow the instructions here, thanks for your hard work, I was installing KODI on my old Apple tv but was too much hassle, then I try ouya, now I'm exited to install it on iPad iPhone AppleTV without jail breaking, but the excitement stop after all the hassle going through the certificate process with Xcode .
All KODI stop working after day or so on everything, iPhones, iPads ,, AppleTV ( yesterday white screen ) I'm busy reinstalling them, let say it's working for while and next day if I try to open it nothing happened, also I've noticed if I want to close KODI in the application, it close but when doubleclick the main button is still ther so I have to sweep to close. Thanks for reading and for any suggestions. Tad
Hello, Today I tried to add a Kodi Ipa that had already been installed on my iPad a month ago onto my wifes iPad. But I received the error A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

So I then started from scratch following all the steps, clicked fix issue in Xcode etc etc. But when I run the IOS app signer I get the No code signing certificates found error.

Ive tried a few fixes found in this thread, added the appleWWDRCA.cer file. reset iOS developer in Xcode> account settings, deleted all of my mobile provisioning files in library/mobile/... But still having problems. Ive tried a few other things I managed to find on github forums and other sites but Im say a loss as to what else I can do.

Any suggestions?
Okay I managed to fix it by following this article here.

https://developer.apple.com/support/cert...xpiration/

I had tried adding the certificate file first but should have deleted the old one first.

here is the bit I followed...
Xcode unable to create distribution builds for App Store submissions or Enterprise apps.
This issue occurs when the expired WWDR Intermediate certificate is present in both the System keychain and Login keychain within the Keychain Access application. To resolve the issue, first download and install the renewed certificate. Next, in the Keychain Access application, select the System keychain. Select 'Show Expired Certificates' in the View menu and then delete the expired version of the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificate. Your certificates should now appear as valid in Keychain Access and be available to Xcode. This issue is resolved in OS X El Capitan v10.11.4 beta.

Kodi is now on the iPad but its name is $(Product_name) is there anyway to change this?
Hey, i have a problem and i can´t fix it.

I wont to install Kodi on the atv 4.

I have connected the atv to my mac.
I have open Xcode.
And iam logged into my free dev account.

When i open the iOS App Signer and load the .deb file, i became this error message:

Where is the problem?
This topic is covered a dozens of times the last 3 pages of this thread - please read it ...
(2016-02-20, 10:38)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is now on the iPad but its name is $(Product_name) is there anyway to change this?

The latest nightly build has a corrupted Info.plist (not sure why). Please use the build before instead...
(2016-02-20, 14:07)Audionymous Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i have a problem and i can´t fix it.

I wont to install Kodi on the atv 4.

I have connected the atv to my mac.
I have open Xcode.
And iam logged into my free dev account.

When i open the iOS App Signer and load the .deb file, i became this error message:

Where is the problem?

For certificate issue see this thread
Ah ok sorry, the fix is in post #408
(2016-02-20, 14:12)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-20, 10:38)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is now on the iPad but its name is $(Product_name) is there anyway to change this?

The latest nightly build has a corrupted Info.plist (not sure why). Please use the build before instead...

No worries. Thanks Memphis.

iOS App Signer has the capability to change display names

You could have two separate versions on your device and (for example) have one named Kodi and the other Kodi Nightly

They'd each have to have their own provisioning profile but...
the problem was a broken info.plist Wink ... - he really saw $(Product_Name) because of that - it was not meant as a placeholder in his context...
I've Installed the most recent nightly onto an iPad but the Kodi window isn't full screen. It also has that small circle with the 1X inside like when you install an iphone app on an iPad and so it isn't full size. I didn't think Kodi had different files for iPhones and IPads so not sure what's going on here?
Dan, just a glorified head expander for you Big Grin and indications to the new peeps that it works:

just installed the latest Kodi with your first page instructions and all works beautifully. The jump from 15.2 to 16 installed great and overwrote the 15.2, keeping advanced settings, etc.

Simply opened the prior Xcode project for 15, then opened app signer ran the deb, and then basically from step 10, had v16 working in 5 minutes on an iPad
(2016-02-21, 13:59)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]I've Installed the most recent nightly onto an iPad but the Kodi window isn't full screen. It also has that small circle with the 1X inside like when you install an iphone app on an iPad and so it isn't full size. I didn't think Kodi had different files for iPhones and IPads so not sure what's going on here?

Read the post above yours. It was only this one nightly build affected because of a corrupted Info.plist. The issue shouldn't be there with any other nightly (including the most current which is 20160220-146e715 ...)
I keep getting "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found" I've registered my appletv and it's assigned to provisioning profile and I've used the correct profile when signing but when I get to final steps going to devices and installing I just keep getting this error.... anyone able to help?

I've tried to add the profile to appletv via devices in xcode but nothing happens.