Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-23, 22:35)Rogerbob Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same iPad Air 2 IOS 9.2.1 Andrea same problem : app signed with r17 and correctly sideloaded on the device but app crashes on start... Same error in the crash log... Any idea ? I've just updated from 8.3 jailbroken with a functionnal Kodi from Cydia to 9.2.1 with no jailbreak and I realy need a solution to read 1080p MKV such as Kodi does...

Thank for any ideas

The issue is due to codesigning...

A few people have fixed the issue by either installing the renewed WWDR certificate and/or resetting the Xcode signing certificate

this thread has a couple different solutions

Other than that I can't really help much on this issue since I've never had it happen to me (other than the WWDR certificate, but Kodi never stopped opening)...

A log from iOS App Signer could possibly provide some insight to the issue... (View > Application Log)
(2016-02-24, 00:08)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 22:35)Rogerbob Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same iPad Air 2 IOS 9.2.1 Andrea same problem : app signed with r17 and correctly sideloaded on the device but app crashes on start... Same error in the crash log... Any idea ? I've just updated from 8.3 jailbroken with a functionnal Kodi from Cydia to 9.2.1 with no jailbreak and I realy need a solution to read 1080p MKV such as Kodi does...

Thank for any ideas

A few people have fixed the issue by either installing the renewed WWDR certificate and/or resetting the Xcode signing certificate

Other than that I can't really help much on this issue since I've never had it happen to me (other than the WWDR certificate, but Kodi never stopped opening)...

A log from iOS App Signer could possibly provide some insight to the issue... (View > Application Log)

I'm having the same problem kodi crashes on iPhone 6plus and Apple TV 4 as well i have reinstalled certificates and provisioning files. using r17 app signer and even tried using a beta version of Xcode. tied resetting Xcode certificate as well.i have done this many times before but not sure what is going on? May be a bug. Looking at your crash log I'm having the same issue:
Dyld Error Message:

Dyld Message: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Kodi
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() errno=1 validating first page of '/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib'
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() errno=1 validating first page of '/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib'
Dyld Version: 370.6

Binary Images:
0x1c000 - 0x1e4ffff Kodi armv7 <f34d87b6dd433f09af61799bb8a8f9e9> /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/588779FF-5470-4161-A338-45750A4D582A/Kodi.app/Kodi
0x1fe28000 - 0x1fe4ffff dyld armv7s <bf233c7c81083586bfb84e9c19eb135c> /usr/lib/dyld
So i can download iExplorer and just upload my advancedsettings.xml to my Apple TV and that will work?

(2016-02-22, 20:25)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 10:23)brallor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Im running Kodi 15.2 on my ATV4 and i want to use advancedsettings.xml, is it possible? Huh

You can use iExplorer or use Xcode to backup the application container, modify, and then restore.

However... I'm not sure how Memphiz handles it but it may upon opening import the file and then delete it (so it may not be visible in file manager)
Have anyone managed to get / fix skins on the Apple TV 4? When downloading builds it installs every app, but can't manage to get the skins for some reason

Thank for any ideas

Here is the only log from my app signer.

http://pastebin.com/GM8yQvZj

Same issue with it crashing on startup.
(2016-02-24, 18:18)Pyrelil Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank for any ideas

Here is the only log from my app signer.

http://pastebin.com/GM8yQvZj

Same issue with it crashing on startup.

With that log I'm a bit surprised that Xcode would even install it...

iOS App Signer currently only fully supports full wildcard or id specific provisioning profiles

In that log you're trying to use com.PyreArts.* without telling iOS App Signer to change the ID to a compatible one

If you change the field for "New Application ID" to something like com.PyreArts.kodi that would cause iOS App Signer to go through the process of changing the plist for the app to conform to the provisioning profile

You could also of course just use the * profile..
Hi Dan I managed to install Kodi in apple tv 4, but give the icon is placed in standby mode and does not work I can do?

thanks
Is there step by step instructions to backup current ATV4 Kodi install/settings and install the latest build 16?
New to the forum and need some help with my Kodi installation on my ATV4.
Have read through this tread but not found any resolution to my dilemma, Using latest Xcode on my Mac and all seems fine until I get to the "Fix Issue Button" It tells me to connect a device to my Mac to add it to my team?

My ATV 4 is clearly connected and powered on and is visible on top of the window. Any help would be appreciated.
(2016-02-26, 02:56)Cougar 1 Wrote: [ -> ]New to the forum and need some help with my Kodi installation on my ATV4.
Have read through this tread but not found any resolution to my dilemma, Using latest Xcode on my Mac and all seems fine until I get to the "Fix Issue Button" It tells me to connect a device to my Mac to add it to my team?

My ATV 4 is clearly connected and powered on and is visible on top of the window. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you go to The Product Menu -> Destination and select the Apple TV?
(2016-02-26, 05:50)bmendes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-26, 02:56)Cougar 1 Wrote: [ -> ]New to the forum and need some help with my Kodi installation on my ATV4.

Did you go to The Product Menu -> Destination and select the Apple TV?

Hi and thank you for the answer, Yes, I did and it still says when I click the "Fix button": "No Devices Registered, Creating a provisioning profile requires one or more devices to be registered with your team. Connect a device to your Mac to add it to your team."

Don't have a clue as to why this is, my Apple TV is visible, also if I look in iTunes it is there as well under devices, however it also says " Serial Number: n/a??
Does this mean the ATV 4 is not recognized? The ATV 4 is also listed under "My Devices" in iCloud for my account so very strange.
How do I add it to "my team"?

EDIT: Did another attempt this time with my iPad instead of ATV4 and had NO issues with the "Fix button", could it be a bad USB C cable used to the Apple tv or is the Apple TV4 bad??
anyway to do this without a mac?

i have an ipad and also have a windows laptop.

thanks
(2016-02-26, 17:03)bhatti15 Wrote: [ -> ]anyway to do this without a mac?

thanks

Read the first question in the FAQ on post #1

It involves a little more work but...
Is there step by step instructions to backup current ATV4 Kodi install/settings and install the latest build 16?
(2016-02-26, 18:17)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-26, 17:03)bhatti15 Wrote: [ -> ]anyway to do this without a mac?

thanks

Read the first question in the FAQ on post #1

It involves a little more work but...

cheers, will give it ago