Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to copy an advancedsettings.xml file from my computer to Kodi using file manager but when i choose copy or move nothing happens. What could I be doing wrong here? Im trying to setup a MYSQL database, but not having much luck.
(2016-03-14, 02:46)Troyp42 Wrote: [ -> ]Im trying to copy an advancedsettings.xml file from my computer to Kodi using file manager but when i choose copy or move nothing happens. What could I be doing wrong here? Im trying to setup a MYSQL database, but not having much luck.

There was an issue when upgrading from some versions that caused various issues...

Completely removing and re-installing should reset Kodi and therefore fix the issue
If you went into the Estouchy skin, how do you get back to the settings using the Apple TV4 remote?
(2016-03-14, 09:51)starby Wrote: [ -> ]If you went into the Estouchy skin, how do you get back to the settings using the Apple TV4 remote?

I don't think you can since it's a touch screen skin...

It's a bug that it's even in the non touch screen versions...
And whats the easy way to install Estuary into this on ATV ?
(2016-03-16, 08:17)Zebbyz Wrote: [ -> ]And whats the easy way to install Estuary into this on ATV ?

The newest build includes estuary
(2016-03-13, 01:12)chrisjohnson83 Wrote: [ -> ]how did you fix this error? i am currently struggling wit this now to

I think I was having the same problem with one I just purchased until I changed the Deployment Target to the TVOS version my ATV4 was on (9.0 in my case). The default in Xcode is 9.1. I figured it was the TVOS version after clicking on the Device menu next to the play button and it said my ATV4 was not on the target TVOS version.

BTW, thanks DanTheMan827!
I am running into issues with "No Codesigning certificate found".

I am trying to sign Kodi for install on my ATV 4.

Setup:
Mac OSx 10.11.3
Xcode 7.3 Beta 5
ATV tvOS 9.2 beta6
Ios App Signer r17

I have deleted/updated my personal signing certificates as well as the Apple WWDC Intermediate certificate. Everything looks fine from what I can see on the xCode side.

I have to use 7.3 B5 as xcode 7.2 doesn't support those FW versions.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to solve?
It turns out I hadn't deleted the old Apple WWDC certificate (thought I had) and my personal certificates were showing invalid. i deleted all of them, and that seems to have fixed it.
Hi all. I am new so apologize if what i'm saying makes no sense. So I installed app signer 17, open it and says the same no code signing certificates found error. went to my keychain but the certificate is not expired until 2023 and also says its valid, should i still delete and reinstall? If so can someone explain please how to reinstall a certificate!

Thanks
yes you should - had the same and needed to reinstall it as described at least 100000000 times here!
Tried to delete the developer thing and the worldwide file
then back on xcode, he recreates the iphone dev certificates then downloaded the new wwdc, still getting crashes at launch
the iphone dev is red, so i trusted it, doesnt change a thing

its driving me nuts...

Are there any other certificate to have?
ive downloaded all possible certificate from this missing certificate part, doesnt chnge anything neither

Help

FIXED, YES ;0
@DanTheMan827, maybe you could change the behavior of the app to fail and not create anything. Pop up a big ass "Epic Fail" dialog so people stop blindly ignoring the signing failure and try to install only to get a launch crash. Or maybe you do this already Smile Just thinking.
Creating the ipa file from the deb is easy as long as people read the tutorial
BUT the certificate is a real pain in the a--

In order to fix the certificates:

1) Open Keychain Access which is located in the Utilities folder inside Applications.
Select ‘Show Expired Certificates’ in the View menu.
Delete the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority Intermediate certificates from both the login and system keychains.
Download and install the latest Apple WWDR certificate

2) In keychain, the iphone developer certificate should be green. If not,
Xcode > preferences > accounts and remove your account from Xcode. Quit xcode
Then go into keychain search 'dev', delete iPhone Developer (the one with ur email), make sure it doesnt come back
BUT then, restart the tutorial, and it will ask you to log in while clicking on fix issues, log in, and then it will upload the proper certificates

(this didnt work when i was going back to xcode account the same way as to remove the account)

Thanks Wink
Hope this help
Okay, so I released a new version...

A couple things though...
  • Don't manually trust your certificate, I've found this DOES NOT WORK (even if you DO have a valid WWDR certificate)
  • The new version will offer to fix the WWDR certificate if you have an old certificate