Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-21, 00:09)AbRASiON Wrote: [ -> ]Well I thought I wasn't stung by the stupid 7 day limit but sadly I was. It seemed to go a little over 7 days (There's no way that a file I signed at 9:50am, took over 2 hours to load on to the ipad, yet it was still working several hours later)

Pretty gross Apple, is there a solution yet which doesn't involve hacking the ipad? I was just starting to get used to Kodi on it too.

The only ways to get longer than 7 days is a paid account or jailbroken device...
So that's confirmed permanent change then? It's a huge shame this app can't run on iOS natively Sad
Thanks Dan.
(2016-05-21, 00:16)AbRASiON Wrote: [ -> ]So that's confirmed permanent change then? It's a huge shame this app can't run on iOS natively Sad
Thanks Dan.

Apple hasn't officially said anything but everything people are saying leans towards yes unfortunately...

Maybe they'll say or announce something at WWDC... (doubt it, but I can hope...)
Just upgraded all my Apple devices to latest version and good to see Kodi's still in the house Big Grin
(2016-05-22, 04:48)Tokyo25 Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded all my Apple devices to latest version and good to see Kodi's still in the house Big Grin

u upgraded and did not loose kodi ?
(2016-05-22, 19:55)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-22, 04:48)Tokyo25 Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded all my Apple devices to latest version and good to see Kodi's still in the house Big Grin

u upgraded and did not loose kodi ?

That's right , all new versions TvOS 9.2.1, iPhone , iPad 9.3.2 and Kodi work perfectly Big Grin
Why can I not start Kodi again after around 10 days sideloading on ATV4 although I still have tvOS 9.2?
I have a question. Why should I use this big fat Xcode App with many trouble with dev accounts and provisionings etc. if I can use iOS App Signer for the deb files + the slim iFunbox for the sideloading of ipa files?
With the latest kodi-20160522-5e33e2b-yab-tvos.deb I cannot use YouTube addon. The channels and other places are not reachable. The search also not works. Anyone else with same issue?
(2016-05-23, 13:14)JackOh Wrote: [ -> ]With the latest kodi-20160522-5e33e2b-yab-tvos.deb I cannot use YouTube addon. The channels and other places are not reachable. The search also not works. Anyone else with same issue?

It's not only the Apple TV with this issue... Kodi 16.1 stable also has this issue... it appears to be a bug with the addon itself

I can't say I normally go into Kodi to browse YouTube though when there's an official app available...
(2016-05-23, 16:52)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I normally go into Kodi to browse YouTube though when there's an official app available...

You are right. But some video addons require a working YouTube app.
(2016-05-23, 13:12)JackOh Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question. Why should I use this big fat Xcode App with many trouble with dev accounts and provisionings etc. if I can use iOS App Signer for the deb files + the slim iFunbox for the sideloading of ipa files?

have tried using iOS app signer for th deb files ect......? if u did and it works let us know . thats why we call this testing
(2016-05-23, 13:12)JackOh Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question. Why should I use this big fat Xcode App with many trouble with dev accounts and provisionings etc. if I can use iOS App Signer for the deb files + the slim iFunbox for the sideloading of ipa files?

XCode is a prerequisite

iOS App Signer is just a GUI that automates the signing so you don't have to do it manually
(2016-05-23, 20:44)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]iOS App Signer is just a GUI that automates the signing so you don't have to do it manually

And what is iFunbox for?
(2016-05-23, 20:25)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]have tried using iOS app signer for th deb files ect......? if u did and it works let us know . thats why we call this testing

Yes, I have used the deb file in iOS App Signer and sideloaded the ipa file with iFunbox without this annoying provisioning problems.