Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-31, 21:02)MrMC Wrote: [ -> ]you can have 100/device

Thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate it.
We all decided to go buy Android boxes from AliExpress and forget about XCode Kodi or expiry BS stuff from Apple.
Also, Kodi 16.1 available from Google apps store Smile
(2016-05-31, 21:06)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]

We all decided to go buy Android boxes from AliExpress and forget about XCode Kodi or expiry BS stuff from Apple.

Good luck with some random hw from AliExpress. The FireTV or Nvidia Shield are the only two Android boxes worth considering.
I have a HTPC and a Desktop PC, so it's not like I can't use Kodi at all, however when I go to bed on the ipad, sometimes I like to catch a TV episode and I like that Kodi presents it nicely, easily supports subtitles and subtitle downloading and of course marks it in Trakt, which I've come to really like.

A real shame about this 7 day change from Apple, but not surprising, that company is very irritating, often.
(2016-05-31, 19:59)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]So according to your feeling, we all spend $99 x 58 = $5742 for the developers accounts?
All co-workers getting it together and buy lottery pool as well as cutting cable in our household is a business?

It's more accurate to say that I don't think you should be using the ATV4 at all. This method is for people really like to tinker with things, or already have an ATV4, or who just really need Kodi + some ATV4-specific feature. If you just want a good Kodi box that works really well, and you don't need any Apple TV-specific features, then there are a lot of devices that are far better and easier to use with Kodi. It will make things far easier for you and everyone involved.
(2016-06-01, 02:16)MrMC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-31, 21:06)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck with some random hw from AliExpress. The FireTV or Nvidia Shield are the only two Android boxes worth considering.

Office majority wants cheaper Android box solution. I do agree FireTV is much better.
(2016-06-01, 09:51)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-31, 19:59)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]So according to your feeling, we all spend $99 x 58 = $5742 for the developers accounts?
All co-workers getting it together and buy lottery pool as well as cutting cable in our household is a business?

It's more accurate to say that I don't think you should be using the ATV4 at all. This method is for people really like to tinker with things, or already have an ATV4, or who just really need Kodi + some ATV4-specific feature. If you just want a good Kodi box that works really well, and you don't need any Apple TV-specific features, then there are a lot of devices that are far better and easier to use with Kodi. It will make things far easier for you and everyone involved.

I do have ATV4 with Pangu JB, and not too worry about expiring Kodi. I better go for the FireTV is an excellent choice, but majority wants cheaper Android's boxes.
Anyone know how to get around this error?

Creating a profile requires having a device registered in the Member Center.

Hi Ned,
My friend just got his Apple Developer's paid account but when she tried to follow all those instructions got following message..

App Installation failed
A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

I did clean up and delete all those certificates from her MacBook Pro KeyChain and create it new one and apply WWDRCA.cert. I tried on her Mac and getting same error message. Please post how to fix this error message. My own Apple Dev. Paid account works fine on my Mac.

Thanks,
Kim
(2016-06-03, 03:13)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Ned,
My friend just got his Apple Developer's paid account but when she tried to follow all those instructions got following message..

App Installation failed

I did clean up and delete all those certificates from her MacBook Pro KeyChain and create it new one and apply WWDRCA.cert. I tried on her Mac and getting same error message. Please post how to fix this error message. My own Apple Dev. Paid account works fine on my Mac.

Thanks,
Kim

Make sure the correct certificate / profile combination is selected

You can't use the free certificate with the paid provisioning profile even though it's the same Apple ID
Asked a stupid question.
Don't know how to delete post.
Thank you
Hello, I was able to re install Kodi on my Apple TV tonight without any issues. However when trying to install it on my wifes iPad I keep getting the error.

Im not sure what Im doing wrong here but here are my steps.

1. Open Xcode with existing project wifes-ipad.

2. it shows bundle identifier as kodi.wifesname.com.wifes-ipad. It had the fix issue button which i clicked and it did.

3. Sign the deb file with IOS app signer. selecting the provisioning profile kodi.wifesname.com.wifes-ipad. (I tried one which expires today and another which expires in 7 days.

4. Install the IPA to the iPad but get the error at the end of the install.

I also tried deleting all the profiles in library/mobile/provisioning profiles but still no luck.

Any ideas? I'm copying the same steps I did for my ATV4 and that worked without issues.

Even if I create a new Xcode project with a new bundle identifier etc i still get the same error.
Ok well I worked out what I was doing wrong. I had more than 1 Xcode project created for my wife's iPad with the same bundle identifier. Once I worked out which one was the correct one I deleted the rest. But in the process of stuffing around I ended up deleting the original install so the wife is pissed as she has to set everything up all over again. Is there a way to back up the settings file from an iPad?
(2016-06-03, 03:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-01, 09:51)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's more accurate to say that I don't think you should be using the ATV4 at all. This method is for people really like to tinker with things, or already have an ATV4, or who just really need Kodi + some ATV4-specific feature. If you just want a good Kodi box that works really well, and you don't need any Apple TV-specific features, then there are a lot of devices that are far better and easier to use with Kodi. It will make things far easier for you and everyone involved.

Hi Ned,

App Installation failed

Thanks,
Kim

You can't use the free certificate with the paid provisioning profile even though it's the same Apple ID

its little crazy it happen to me always .

with free account the provisioning profile states the name of the new project you assign so its easy to do the pick up from the iOS app signer .

but using my paid account it will just the same prefix which combination of 10 number and letters . i never know which to pick .

if i have 5 project i get 5 line the same . i keep guessing between the first one or last one . sometimes fail sometimes go good .

is there a way to change the prefix to a name of the project . ?thx
(2016-06-01, 09:51)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's more accurate to say that I don't think you should be using the ATV4 at all. This method is for people really like to tinker with things, or already have an ATV4, or who just really need Kodi + some ATV4-specific feature. If you just want a good Kodi box that works really well, and you don't need any Apple TV-specific features, then there are a lot of devices that are far better and easier to use with Kodi. It will make things far easier for you and everyone involved.

Hi Ned,

App Installation failed

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Dan,

Worked fine but one question. Her keychain I cannot find "AppleWWDRCA.cer" installed but still works fine without that cert. Is this normal?
(2016-06-05, 20:08)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-03, 03:13)KimKnott Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ned,

App Installation failed

Thanks,
Kim

Hi Dan,

Worked fine but one question. Her keychain I cannot find "AppleWWDRCA.cer" installed but still works fine without that cert. Is this normal?

The certificate may not be in the login but instead in the system...

If you're having trouble there is an option in iOS App Signer under the help menu to update the certificate...

But if iOS App Signer is working fine there's no need to do that since you already have the current one