Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why after i creat a new project and when using iOS App signer iOS team provisioning profil supposed to appear with the unique name that created in the project so i can choose it . but what i get is 3 or 4 lines same like this format (tvos team provisioning profile:*9V88ECT) something like this , i just changed some letter not to identify my work .
so I'm confused which i choose they are all same . i pick random, sometime i hit right ,sometime i got to try again the 2nd or 3 line ect .....

any idea how to change this setting . cuz i have many project .
(2016-06-21, 23:17)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]why after i creat a new project and when using iOS App signer iOS team provisioning profil supposed to appear with the unique name that created in the project so i can choose it . but what i get is 3 or 4 lines same like this format (tvos team provisioning profile:*9V88ECT) something like this , i just changed some letter not to identify my work .
so I'm confused which i choose they are all same . i pick random, sometime i hit right ,sometime i got to try again the 2nd or 3 line ect .....

iOS App Signer should sort by the App ID first and then by the date descending if there are more of the same identifier...

If you have a profile named * this means you can use it for almost any signing purpose

Of course you could only even get the * if you have a paid account

But by default if a project doesn't need any special entitlement it will download a wildcard profile
(2016-06-21, 22:56)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-21, 22:52)contagius Wrote: [ -> ]Can I just resign the old .ipa or do I have to do a whole new build to get another week? Is there a how to on doing this?

You can just re-sign the old .ipa file with the updated provisioning profile

May sound dumb, but how exactly do I update the provisioning file and can i do this before the certificate actually expires. I did not see it in the first post.
I am also having this issue adding group containers;

"add the apps groups containers entitlement to app id"
" communication with apple failed"
(2016-06-21, 23:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-21, 23:17)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]why after i creat a new project and when using iOS App signer iOS team provisioning profil supposed to appear with the unique name that created in the project so i can choose it . but what i get is 3 or 4 lines same like this format (tvos team provisioning profile:*9V88ECT) something like this , i just changed some letter not to identify my work .

iOS App Signer should sort by the App ID first and then by the date descending if there are more of the same identifier...

If you have a profile named * this means you can use it for almost any signing purpose

Of course you could only even get the * if you have a paid account

But by default if a project doesn't need any special entitlement it will download a wildcard profile

yeah its paid account and thank you for your answer i will keep it that way and just assign it to whatever project then thank you .
i'm tring to sign kodi with my regular and paid developper account but every time I'm tring to install with xcode i obtain an error that can't find a valid provisioning profile

all works if i use a free account but now the apps works only for 7 days.

it's possible to sign kodi with paid account? which the best way?

thank you

p.s: this is the error with ios app signer and paid account "You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem?"
(2016-06-22, 18:59)italoc Wrote: [ -> ]i'm tring to sign kodi with my regular and paid developper account but every time I'm tring to install with xcode i obtain an error that can't find a valid provisioning profile

all works if i use a free account but now the apps works only for 7 days.

it's possible to sign kodi with paid account? which the best way?

thank you

p.s: this is the error with ios app signer and paid account "You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem?"

Make sure that you are selecting the proper certificate and provisioning profile combination.

You can't use the free certificate with a paid provisioning profile since they are considered two separate accounts.

Also, the error you are describing shows when there are no valid signing certificate detected (or at least that's how it should work...)

Check the certificate in Keychain Access and make sure there aren't any errors with it (it also can't be manually trusted)
Check the certificate in Keychain Access and make sure there aren't any errors with it (it also can't be manually trusted)
[/quote]

in keychain the certificate are valid, in which way i can see if it's manually trusted?

in XCODE on account details i can see 2 row 1 is FREE and 1 is AGENT (that i suppose it is a paid account) but in ios app signer i see the name of the free account only and not agent... it's correct?
Hello 2all!

I'm new and don't have experiance whit coding... my question is:

It's possible to configure compilation, to add my NAS drive and all other settings to compiled ipa?

To avoid that every 7 days configure all from beggining every time?

If yes and is possible someone make guidebook would be great.

THX
Regards
(2016-06-23, 22:37)roslin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello 2all!

I'm new and don't have experiance whit coding... my question is:

It's possible to configure compilation, to add my NAS drive and all other settings to compiled ipa?

To avoid that every 7 days configure all from beggining every time?

Regards

If you don't delete the expired one before you install the renewed one you won't lose anything
Hey DanTheMan827,

I recently purchased an apple dev account and updated the ios app signer to 1.8.1. I've been able to sideload Kodi with a free account without any issues but now that my account is paid, I keep getting the following errors when signing the app.

http://imgur.com/a/T2OMe

Can you assis me please? I have no issues in the member center nor in my Keychain.

Thanks
(2016-06-24, 16:16)Aplfanboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey DanTheMan827,

I recently purchased an apple dev account and updated the ios app signer to 1.8.1. I've been able to sideload Kodi with a free account without any issues but now that my account is paid, I keep getting the following errors when signing the app.

Can you assis me please? I have no issues in the member center nor in my Keychain.

Thanks

same issue
Awesome guide, but I wish I'd read the FAQ's before building a MacOS VM just get Kodi on my kids iPad ....

Only lasts 7 days?!?!... No, thanks, I'll just buy my kid an Android and send the iPad back to dusty shelves at work.
Hi Dan

Runing macOS developement beta 1 and I've noticed that app signer does nt recognise my provisioning profile. It does not show them up to pick from.

I've wiped them out completely and re-created Tham via Xcode 7.3.1 but still nothing in app signer 1.8.1

They do exist at /users/<me>/library/MobileDevices/Provisioning Profiles/ but app signer does not show Tham. Xcode does.

Here is the log from IOS App signer 1.8.1

2016-06-28 14:25:05 Error parsing 290171a0-48ae-4de9-b840-a1569d79c7dd.mobileprovision
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Error parsing 2fadbc34-428a-4dc4-9168-1a35cbae334d.mobileprovision
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Error parsing 5c36ada5-19d9-445b-9d46-cb6a6a17686a.mobileprovision
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Found 0 Provisioning Profiles
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Found 1 Codesigning Certificate
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Added signing certificate "iPhone Developer: Steve Rae (8S3NKY5K94)"
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Loaded Codesigning Certificate from Defaults: iPhone Developer: Steve Rae (8S3NKY5K94)
2016-06-28 14:25:05 Ready
2016-06-28 14:25:13 Set Codesigning Certificate Default to: 1

Seems to be having an issue parsing my provisioning profiles.....? Any ideas
(2016-06-24, 16:16)Aplfanboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey DanTheMan827,

Thanks

i have solved in this way:

i have created a IOS distibution certficiate and a IOS distribution (adhoc) provision profile, and choose this combination in IOS APP SIGNER works