Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-07-07, 14:45)Steverae Wrote: [ -> ]App signer still don't work with macOS beta 2, A temporary fix has been developed via GitHub.
Version 1.8.1 - only for macOS beta users

Waiting for dan to release the full fixed version.

Sent from my iPhone

Confirmed app Signer 1.8.1 works on macOS Sierra beta 2
Hi, When I update the Kodi version form the June version to the latest, what do i do in the app signer...? Do I "re-sign only" or choose my "provisioning" profile..?

Thanks.

This is for TVOS.
(2016-07-11, 16:12)neandertal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, When I update the Kodi version form the June version to the latest, what do i do in the app signer...? Do I "re-sign only" or choose my "provisioning" profile..?

Thanks.

This is for TVOS.

You would choose your provisioning profile.

Re-sign only is if the provisioning profile inside the app is still valid but something has been changed (if you changed a skin image for example) before

For the most part people won't want to choose re-sign only but there are certain situations that it could be useful... (it was in iResign... iOS App Signer is based on the behavior of that app)
(2016-07-11, 16:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-11, 16:12)neandertal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, When I update the Kodi version form the June version to the latest, what do i do in the app signer...? Do I "re-sign only" or choose my "provisioning" profile..?

Thanks.

This is for TVOS.

You would choose your provisioning profile.

Re-sign only is if the provisioning profile inside the app is still valid but something has been changed (if you changed a skin image for example) before

For the most part people won't want to choose re-sign only but there are certain situations that it could be useful... (it was in iResign... iOS App Signer is based on the behavior of that app)

Thanks!
@DanTheMan827 ,installed Kodi on my ATV4 last february with a free account (build 20160403),provisioning profile had to expired on May 10th but still working now in july !! no 7 days limit !! any idea why ? Did apple change something ?

Will i upgrade to latest build and be forced to re-install every 7days ? Thinking.....Confused
(2016-07-16, 11:35)Tokyo25 Wrote: [ -> ]@DanTheMan827 ,installed Kodi on my ATV4 last february with a free account (build 20160403),provisioning profile had to expired on May 10th but still working now in july !! no 7 days limit !! any idea why ? Did apple change something ?

Will i upgrade to latest build and be forced to re-install every 7days ? Thinking.....Confused

Please restart your apple tv and try again.
I have just paid account, if any one want i make kodi ipa for a small fees. Smile pm me.
(2016-07-18, 01:56)anniyan Wrote: [ -> ]I have just paid account, if any one want i make kodi ipa for a small fees. Smile pm me.

Really!? You have two dedicated developers sharing their work for free (Dan the man & Memphis) and you have the nerve to request a fee based on mostly their work? Wow!
(2016-07-18, 06:51)Canyaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-18, 01:56)anniyan Wrote: [ -> ]I have just paid account, if any one want i make kodi ipa for a small fees. Smile pm me.

Really!? You have two dedicated developers sharing their work for free (Dan the man & Memphis) and you have the nerve to request a fee based on mostly their work? Wow!

yes i am sharing only my account. i respect developers and there works.
(2016-07-18, 12:55)anniyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-18, 06:51)Canyaya Wrote: [ -> ]

If you where doing it for free would be one thing but charging money, you should be banned.
And you will break the apple development agreement when doing so - you'll get your cert revoked in no time. You've never read the apple rules did you? There are sites which do exactly what you said by charging their users. Apple actively stops those sites once they are aware of it.
(2016-07-18, 13:00)Cougar 1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-18, 12:55)anniyan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-18, 06:51)Canyaya Wrote: [ -> ]Really!? You have two dedicated developers sharing their work for free (Dan the man & Memphis) and you have the nerve to request a fee based on mostly their work? Wow!

If you where doing it for free would be one thing but charging money, you should be banned.

(2016-07-18, 22:05)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]And you will break the apple development agreement when doing so - you'll get your cert revoked in no time. You've never read the apple rules did you? There are sites which do exactly what you said by charging their users. Apple actively stops those sites once they are aware of it.

If people would have been able to do this without risking their developer accounts I'm sure there would at least some but as Memphiz mentioned, Apple does in fact disallow such activity...

They have also made their stance on side-loading clear... give free developers 90 days to test on their devices and then they start side-loading... so they reduce it to 7 days...
Out of curiosity, how are the ebay boxes activated? Are they JB or side-loaded via developer accounts? I would not mind paying some money to get a long-term sideload, but don't want the ebay boxes, which are bloated with addons / widgets.
@DanTheMan827 , I was able to get Kodi on my device just fine before following your instructions but after I paid the $99/yr for a paid account I can't get it working. The problem is when I open App Signer, under Provisioning Profile, my bundle identifier isn't in the list. I've tried everything I can think of but can't figure it out. I should point out that when I created the project in Xcode, I did NOT get any error messages that needed to be fixed - might not have anything to do with it but I'm thinking it does?

I'm using:
TVOS 9.2.1
Xcode 7.3.1

Please help! ConfusedConfusedAngryAngry
Anyone here still using iOS App signer under a VMWare VM image? I have been for months, even enduring the 7 day limit stuff.
I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my iPad won't talk to the VM properly anymore.

Has anyone at any point in time, got Mac OSX VM to talk to an iPad under Windows 10? So I know it's possible?