Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, sorry for 2 posts in a row, totally different topic.

If I have a friend who is an Apple developer, and I loan them my ipad, could they install Kodi for 12 months on my ipad or do they need to 'take ownership' of my ipad and break all kinds of weird backend stuff like my icloud / usernames / tablet owner etc?
that can work without issue. good for 1 year then cert will expire and your friend will have to do it again.
(2016-08-11, 00:29)AbRASiON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry for 2 posts in a row, totally different topic.

If I have a friend who is an Apple developer, and I loan them my ipad, could they install Kodi for 12 months on my ipad or do they need to 'take ownership' of my ipad and break all kinds of weird backend stuff like my icloud / usernames / tablet owner etc?

(2016-08-11, 01:07)MrMC Wrote: [ -> ]that can work without issue. good for 1 year then cert will expire and your friend will have to do it again.

On another positive note, you could then install the developer betas if that's your thing...
Well I guess I'm about the only person not having a signing issue.

I'm getting the white screen. Both on my phone and in the Xcode simulator.

Using Xcode 8.0, OS X 10.11.5 with Vmware 12 Pro. iPhone 6, 9.3.4 running.

I tried the stuff you listed on the first post (Delete certs in Xcode, in keychains and in Provisioning Profiles) with no luck.

Any ideas?

Duurti
Dev betas of iOS? Kodi is unstable enough as it is.........
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=286344
I am running tvOS 10 latest beta, Xcode 8 latest beta and I keep getting this error "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". I did try all solutions posted here to no avail.

I tried Xcode 7.3.1 and 8beta nothing changed. deleted all directories, profiles and so on. when I click on play button it says build succeeded but when I build IPA and try to push to ATV4 I get that hair pulling error. I need a solution fast.

Thanks.
Fast?
(2016-08-25, 16:42)TechXero Wrote: [ -> ]
I am running tvOS 10 latest beta, Xcode 8 latest beta and I keep getting this error "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". I did try all solutions posted here to no avail.

I tried Xcode 7.3.1 and 8beta nothing changed. deleted all directories, profiles and so on. when I click on play button it says build succeeded but when I build IPA and try to push to ATV4 I get that hair pulling error. I need a solution fast.

Thanks.

I've given this same advice to everyone with a problem installing Kod and it's even in the first post

(2015-11-01, 21:56)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]Go into Xcode > preferences > accounts and remove your account from Xcode

Then go into keychain and then login and then certificates, delete anything that says iPhone Developer

Add your account back into Xcode it should complain about having to reset the certificates

Open finder and then go to the folder ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles and delete everything inside there (Use command shift g for go to)

Then start follow the guide from step one since Xcode was completely reset

If that doesn't work I honestly don't know what to tell you...

I have tested the app on every supported MacOS version and it works (even on MacOS Sierra)
(2016-08-11, 01:07)MrMC Wrote: [ -> ]that can work without issue. good for 1 year then cert will expire and your friend will have to do it again.

So when I take 3 friends with an ATV4 we can buy together ONE developer account and equip all 4 devices (all associated with different accounts) with Kodi for one year?
(2016-08-31, 14:30)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]

So when I take 3 friends with an ATV4 we can buy together ONE developer account and equip all 4 devices (all associated with different accounts) with Kodi for one year?

Yes, in a nutshell with a developer account you can install your signed apps on up to 100 devices for testing purposes and they will work for 1 year as long as your cert is valid for.

Apple do monitor Dev accounts and have been known to ban accounts who they deem as selling spots on Dec accounts for profit, but you'll be absolutely fine with just 4 afv's. in fact you could also install Kodi on several iPads/iPhones with issue using the same Dev account

I use mine to install Kodi on all mine and my families devices Smile
Hi, tried to install kodi but I always receive message that there was some problem with valid provision profile and that's why ,isn't installs on iPad.
Hope you can help.
Thanks.
Ok fine, so I try todays nightly, same problem STILL exits on a brand new nightly copy. Fresh install, no data, no plugins, just add a TV source, scan, bop it crashes.
Surely this isn't just me anymore with this stability stuff? I'm now removing the app, in full as Dan suggested, to eliminate issues.

I'm baffled here, why is this program so incredibly unstable under iOS?
Hello.

I've been trying to install Kodi on my Apple TV 4 with the use of my Macbook Pro. The Xcode I am using is version 8 and there always pops up an error message saying:

"Failed to create provisioning profile. There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Plug in and select a device to have Xcode register it."

and also:

"No profiles for 'com.xxx.xxxxxx' were found
Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'com.xxx.xxxxxx'."

I tried the deleting the account, keychain and then going to ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles but when I try to go to that folder it just says that "The folder can't be found".

What am I doing wrong? I need to get this app on my new ATV4. Hope that I get an answer.

Regards.
(2016-09-16, 12:10)AbRASiON Wrote: [ -> ]Ok fine, so I try todays nightly, same problem STILL exits on a brand new nightly copy. Fresh install, no data, no plugins, just add a TV source, scan, bop it crashes.
Surely this isn't just me anymore with this stability stuff? I'm now removing the app, in full as Dan suggested, to eliminate issues.

I'm baffled here, why is this program so incredibly unstable under iOS?

I know this isn't overly helpful but I have found it completely stable. I run 16.1 and have since release without a single issue. I have this on 4 separate devices with no issues.

I imagine there is something else at play here and its not Kodi.
Wipe your entire Kodi install.
Put on the latest nightly or the latest beta and try a scan of your media, watch what happens