Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When 16.1 works there is not much reason for me to run the latest nightly. There is a reason they are nightly builds and beta builds, things are being tested and there is expected bugs.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure I switched to nightly due to incredible issues with 16.1.
I suspect I had a corrupted local database, so any version was causing me issues. I'm still frustrated my xml or thumbnails could cause Kodi to crash but what's done is done. Dan got me to wipe it fresh, now it's stable /with one/ version of a newer build.

I must admit, I haven't tried a fresh 16.1 while also wiping all my data too. I may consider it. (Although alpha 3 does seemingly work fairly well and look half decent)
Probably a stupid question but what does it mean when it's asking for access to my keychain
(2016-09-22, 07:24)Chuck_Chuckington Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a stupid question but what does it mean when it's asking for access to my keychain

It needs permission to access to the developer certificate that's stored in the Keychain...

If it doesn't get permission the signing process will fail...

Nothing to be concerned about though... I'm just using the official Apple developer tools (which is why Xcode is needed) behind the GUI of my app...
I want to upgrade to ios10. Is everything still working on it?

Thanks
(2016-09-24, 00:14)wmtasker Wrote: [ -> ]I want to upgrade to ios10. Is everything still working on it?

Thanks

Yes, it works fine. You can safely upgrade
First time I tried putting Kodi on my iPhone, so not sure if this is a known bug. But I have problems adding repositories and browsing them.

Kodi starts fine on my iPhone 7 (with iOS 10), but when I add the Fusion repo it will crash when I want to install/browse a ZIP from it.
The crash seems to be located in a thread that does libcurl + fileno, can post a full crash log if needed.

It happens both with the latest nightly build and the stable build.
(2016-09-24, 01:03)underwriter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-24, 00:14)wmtasker Wrote: [ -> ]I want to upgrade to ios10. Is everything still working on it?

Thanks

Yes, it works fine. You can safely upgrade

You mean if upgrading to iOS 10 will not loose kodi ? Thx
That's correct, I just upgraded and kodi remained.

Sent from my iPhone
I just loaded kodi on my ATV 4 (tvOS 10, Xcode 8) and it loads on the TV but I can't get anything to move (the cursor) on the tv screen. Any suggestions on how to fix it, or what I'm doing wrong? Do most of the add-ons work (like Exodus) Huh
unplug and play again make sure your remote is charged and paired .

and no discussion i guess about some add-ons
(2016-09-30, 23:40)nowhereman Wrote: [ -> ]I just loaded kodi on my ATV 4 (tvOS 10, Xcode 8) and it loads on the TV but I can't get anything to move (the cursor) on the tv screen. Any suggestions on how to fix it, or what I'm doing wrong? Do most of the add-ons work (like Exodus) Huh

(2016-10-01, 21:19)Japgeisha Wrote: [ -> ]unplug and play again make sure your remote is charged and paired .

and no discussion i guess about some add-ons

Specifically these banned add-ons (wiki)
Hi,

To be able to use this method, do I need to have a "paid developer account"?
You don't need a paid account but you'll have to re-sign every 7 days with the free one (it sucks, I know...)
Dan, that nightly bug is now fixed regarding an instant crash on library update on a fresh install.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2430086

Good stuff.