Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the reply DAN I am thankful for people like you that help out guys like me

There are no PROFILE TO CHOOSE xcode didn't generate a profile that you can choose

when I open APP signer INPUT FILE I can pick and do
Signing Certificate I have fill in
provisioning profile Resign Only or Choose File . Nothing under the line no file names

When I click on Choose File It open the File Xcode made from the desktop that has more files leading to more files that can't be choosen
There is ONE icon that is ligther in colour that Can't be clicked on /pick /opened/choosen

I just be getting frustrated all the video / writen instrustion are great untill
I'm trying to update to latest build, I haven't changed anything in Xcode or iOS app signer but no matter what i do, it won't let me overwrite my old version of Kodi with the new version and just creates a duplicate. Any ideas?

Looks like provisioning profile and signing certificate are identical from old version to new one?
I have a apple tv4, downloaded slinger, and a deb file and converted to a ipa file. when using Xcode it starts installing to atv4 and at the end comes up with an error "this application does not support this kind of device".
What step did I miss?
So im looking over using this method, and not having to JB at all.
But im thinking, in the guide it says you need to start at step 3 every week.
But when i look at the instruction to the cydia impactor method, it seems much easier to do every week, as long as you dont have to update to a new version of Kodi, and still have the IPA file on your computer.

Do you really have to go back all the way to step 3? Or is it enough to just use the Appsigner part every week?
If not, why wouldnt i use Cydia impactor instead? Seems much easier. Huh
(2017-03-29, 19:32)z0lid Wrote: [ -> ]So im looking over using this method, and not having to JB at all.
But when i look at the instruction to the cydia impactor method, it seems much easier to do every week, as long as you dont have to update to a new version of Kodi, and still have the IPA file on your computer.

Do you really have to go back all the way to step 3? Or is it enough to just use the Appsigner part every week?
(2017-03-29, 19:32)z0lid Wrote: [ -> ]So im looking over using this method, and not having to JB at all.

You're certainly free to use Cydia Impactor if you want.

iOS App Signer is easier for people with a developer account already set up on their Mac and not everyone is comfortable giving their Apple credentials to a non-apple app.

In my case, I just need to re-sign whenever my membership expires or a new build of Kodi comes out.
Hi

I have an Apple developer account which expires June 2017 and running Kodi 17.0 on 2 Apple TV 4 devices.
I used to be able to sideload Kodi without any problems when I was still on El Capitan 10.11.6 , Xcode 7.1 and TVOS 10.1

In the meantime however I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.4, Xcode 8.3.1 and TVOS 10.2.

Ever since I done that the wheels have fallen off.

I cannot codesign the latest Kodi .dep file so that I can upgrade my 2 ATV4 devices.
I have done all the troubleshooting tips that are suggested in post 1 of this thread but I constantly get the codesigning error message.

I can however delete Kodi from my ATV4 devices and reinstall Kodi to them using a copy of the .ipa file originally codesigned with El Capitan 10.11.6 Xcode 7.1 and TVOS 10.1. but that leaves me with Kodi 17.0 and I want Kodi 17.1

I would much appreciate if somebody could confirm that the combination of:

Sierra 10.12.4
Xcode 8.3.1
TVOS4 10.2

could perhaps be the problem, and if so what needs to be done to bypass this nuisance.

Throughout I have bee using IOS App signer 1.9.

If I could roll back TVOS4 10.2 to 10.1 then I could perhaps use impactor, but rolling back seems impossible.

Hoping somebody can put me on the right track to solve this issue.
Sierra 10.12.4, Xcode 8.3.1 and TVOS4 10.2 works for me, no issues after I upgraded from El Capitan. My certificate and profile was created on El Capitan, they still work with the mentioned versions after the upgrade.

Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the same certificate and/or profile installed. Not sure how the re-signer app handles it, but Xcode have problems determining which one to use when there are multiple versions to choose from, which often result in code-signing errors.
(2017-04-08, 09:04)manhas Wrote: [ -> ]Sierra 10.12.4, Xcode 8.3.1 and TVOS4 10.2 works for me, no issues after I upgraded from El Capitan. My certificate and profile was created on El Capitan, they still work with the mentioned versions after the upgrade.

Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the same certificate and/or profile installed. Not sure how the re-signer app handles it, but Xcode have problems determining which one to use when there are multiple versions to choose from, which often result in code-signing errors.

Thanks for coming back to me, I certainly do not have multiple versions of the same certificate. I even went so far as starting from scratch setting up xcode 8.3.1, as suggested in post 1 - troubleshooting - but to no avail. Looks like I am stuck with Kodi 17.0 for now, at least until I have been able to sort this out.

Impactor would have been an option if I could roll back my ATV4 devices to TVOS4 10.1 or 10.1.1 from 10.2, but that seems impossible.

In the meantime I will dig out my El Capitan 10.11.6 hdd and try again to codesign Kodi 17.1 for one of my APTV4 devices with TVOS 10.2.

Should that be possible? Any other ideas are most welcome?
I managed to codesign the Kodi 17.1 dep under El Capitan and installed the resulting ipa file to one of my ATV4 devices running TVOS 10.2
Now in Kodi ---> System Info ---> Build: it says Kodi 17.1 blah blah blah -dirty.

Can anybody please tell me what this "dirty" signifies. Kodi 17.1 seems to be running fine though.
Everything i do is dirty (non official)
Thanks Memphiz, that is good news meaning that I can stop pondering over this "dirty" issue.

17.1 is actually working very well for me.

Cheers vir eers
Hello Programmers.
Can fix the bug. When viewing the live broadcast to YouTube, twitch in the program Kodi 17.1, 10.3.1 on IOS without jailbreak, kodi is closed.
(2017-04-28, 22:16)Kuku Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Programmers.
Can fix the bug. When viewing the live broadcast to YouTube, twitch in the program Kodi 17.1, 10.3.1 on IOS without jailbreak, kodi is closed.

Don't know what you are talking about, please elaborate.