Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire Stick Stuttering playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've just bought an Amazon firestick after my parents had been using one for a while. I already had an Ouya which runs Kodi just fine and I've had no real issues with that. But ever since I've switched to the Firestick the playback has been terrible. I keep getting little momentary pauses. some times its like every 15 to 30 seconds.

Is there something I need to do to the firestick/kodi some hidden setting I need to alter?

The Firestick is running the latest version of Kodi, one of the reasons I was replacing the Ouya since it no longer supports the latest version.

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Sounds like buffering issues, please Google 'firestick advanced setting.xml'
Make sure you DO NOT use zero caching, this will ruin your Fire Stick

If you are going to try changing the settings do the "cache" to RAM, but in my experience this didn't work.

It could be the fire stick is to far away from the router, or it could be that the links you are choosing are the issue.

The Fire Stick settings are set up to stream perfectly as that is its main function straight out of the box