Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help; button and opening album view with dbid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I have a bunch of boxes as buttons, the contents of which are the items in the albums db.
I want that button onclick to open the album selected.
What label/property can i use for the onclick?
Is listitem.dbid, foldername, path.. just cant see the wood for the trees!
Have tried send click to original container but nothing doing, send message to container etc.

this is code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/im8528...icBlox.xml

Im using the buttons to nav the container as it is misshaped.
Im guessing sendclick(601) just sends me back to buttons due to onfocus in container.
ActivateWindow(music,...)
Im probably missing soemthing really obvious but just cant see!! aarrrg.!
ok one way hacky is with url from favourites

<onclick>ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;musicdb://albums/$INFO[Container(601).ListItem(9).DBID]/&quot;,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Container.Content(songs)">PlayMedia($INFO[Container(601).ListItem(1).FileNameAndPath])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Container.Content(albums)">ActivateWindow(10502,musicdb://albums/$INFO[Container(601).ListItem(1).DBID]/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Container.Content(artists)">ActivateWindow(10502,musicdb://artists/$INFO[Container(601).ListItem(1).DBID]/?albumartistsonly=false,return)</onclick>
Am I right, I cant sendclick from a button to a container on same page? It aint working here no matter what.
If I understand you. Why not use the musidb/albums/dbid to get the songs from an album? Set that as the cpntnt in any container.
because kodi doesnt store window order, so when you open via that method pressing back takes you to 'previous' previous screen
cant open info dialogs with dbid or title it seems..

to use default container and be able to send clicks to it is a must if we want to get out of rigid WxH itemlayouts :/