Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 - wise or no?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Just wondering... I am now running Windows 8.1 to full satisfaction. However, my installation is getting a bit bloated after a few years' use, so I decided to do a reinstall.

A while back I read from one of the devs here that Windows 10 and Kodi don't play nice yet, something to do with a change in Microsoft's audio systems. Apparently audio sync would be worse than with the older Windows versions.

But now with Jarvis coming and Windows 10 being a few months old already, maybe now the time is right?

Is it wise to replace Windows 8.1 with Windows 10? Or better to wait? Or is it absolutely an advantage?

Thanks Big Grin
Kodi stable is always the default, going out on a limb is a personal matter. I would say the class work is still out on windows 10, but as more users take advantage of the relatively free update and shiny interface, it's likely that windows 10 will be sorted eventually and Kodi will be there in all it's glory one of these days.

I go by the adage 'if it's not broke don't fix it', but that becomes a liability as code evolves and things start to break. I would suggest a quick overview of the windows 10 issues in the forum, and decide based on the probability of a good outcome. I'm happy sitting in windows 7 and don't think I'm missing much except headaches.
I ungraded from 8.1 with no issues. Any real advantages with Win 10? To be honest, I can't think of any at the moment.
Don't do it. Take my word, I updated to Win 10 back when I used Windows and I had audio/video sync issues, that may have actually been my thread you read that in lol.

Just don't do it, like someone said above me, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Stick to what you know 100% works, if that means reinstalling Win 8.1, do that.