Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Album artwork containing album name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, this is my first post here, I hope it's in the right place! Smile

I've been searching for this problem in forum and documentation for days, but I couldn't quite understand how to sort it out.

I've built my music library using Gmusicbrowser and EasyTag. Library structure is /Audio/<artist>/<album>/<tracks...>. Every album folder has its own image file named as <album_name>.jpg.

Example:

/Audio/The Beatles/Rubber Soul/Track1.mp3
/Audio/The Beatles/Rubber Soul/TrackN.mp3
/Audio/The Beatles/Rubber Soul/Rubber Soul.jpg

I have imported all this files into Kodi and scraped the albums with Universal Album Scraper. After the scan is done, only some albums have artwork apparently with no pattern. Maybe the scraper downloaded a new album artwork during scan, but only for some of the albums... I'm puzzled.

The documentation states that folder artwork should have a fixed name (eg. folder.jpg, cover.jpg) but it's not my case. Now I can bulk rename every image into a fixed one, but I'd prefer to leave the name of album which is more clear (at least for humans... Smile )

Is it possible to instruct Kodi to parse artwork by using album name, instead of a fixed name?

Thanks in advance for your help.
(2015-11-04, 13:37)aFunkyBass Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to instruct Kodi to parse artwork by using album name, instead of a fixed name?

nope, not possible as far as i know.
(2015-11-04, 13:47)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]nope, not possible as far as i know.

I see... That's a pity... It would be great to set it in the advancedsettings.xml file using substitution mask.

Example:
<musicthumbs>
<add>%b.jpg|%f.jpg</add> (%b = album name, %f folder name)
</musicthumbs>

That's fine... I'll stick with bulk rename of files!

Thanks ronie.
similar to how subsonic lists albums that do not have artwork?