Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet connection dropping because Kodi and Minix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Last few months i´m having some trouble with my Internet connection with some drops and even some modem/router reboots.

Two support teams already came here, checked the instalation and didn´t detect nothing abnormal. Some days after the last intervention, they called me and said they already detected the problem and it will be fixed soon. However the problem remains.

But.. and a big but...

Last few days, i was monitoring my connection and noticed during some times of the day i have really high ping time spikes, loosing the connection during some of them.

Today, i noticed that most of those spikes occurred when my dad was watching Live TV in Kodi in a Minix X6.

I made some tests and noticed something really weird. In the same place (WiFi), same tv channel, using the same client (iptv simple client), the ping graph is a lot different in both PC and the Minix.

In the PC, the ping has some spikes but nothing special, however in the Minix the spikes are really really high.

I would like to know if theres anything i can do to change that, so i can diagnose and have an conclusion what´s wrong here. I don´t know anymore if theres any internet connection problem or it´s the Kodi in the Minix causing this.

I know theres some files about buffering that can be modified, maybe something related with that would help?

Heres a graph to show what i´m telling. "Desligado" means both devices Turned off.

Edit: I was testing now in a Android phone and have the same problem... big ping spikes.. So the problem shouldn´t be the Minix but any other thing that seems to happen only in Android...
Too soon to have absolutely certain but i suspect (and i hope) i found a solution.

Disabling the UPnP service in the router seems to avoid the spikes (at least so far).
Hi,

I had similar problems after upgrading to Kodi 15 on a MXIII.

Other users in the same local network had intermittent internet drops when kodi 15 was running.

Switching back to Kodi 14.2 made all normal again...
Same problem here !

Réponse de 192.168.0.1 : octets=1024 temps<1ms TTL=64
Réponse de 192.168.0.1 : octets=1024 temps<1ms TTL=64
Réponse de 192.168.0.1 : octets=1024 temps=2200 ms TTL=64

Isengard 15.2 windows (seven) install

All network get these spikes when Kodi run !

I test a fresh clean install without data in profil.
UPNP service is not active.

Can't find any solution ... just shutdown Kodi after use...

if anyone have a better solution ?