Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved][Openelec] Database upgrade fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have upgraded my Openelec to 6.0 and with it to Isengard.

I use a shared MySQL DB and the upgrade failed.

I have dropped the newly created KodiVideo93 database and restarted kodi so that it can attempt the upgrade one more time. See logs attached in debug mode.

logs can be found here: http://pastebin.com/sQJBeb2p

Can you please help?
The error you're experiencing is "table already exists", perhaps a previous migration failed and left the new database incomplete? I'd suggest dropping KodiVideo93 and attempting the migration again.

Also, if you're using path substitution of Thumbnails in order to share thumbnails between multiple clients - that's a pretty bad idea, and will cause problems (often subtle, unnoticed, until eventually artwork randomly stops being displayed).
Hi Milhouse,

Thank you. However I did drop KodiVideo93 and attempted the migration again and that is the resulting log.
What version of MySQL? Have you used anything like Emby in the past?
Hi,

Problem solved.

This is due to some manual tempering of mine. At some point in the past after a previous upgrade there was an issue with my kodi because it was looking for a "tvshow_view" table which did not exist but I had a "tvshowview" table. So I manually renamed the table and everything was fine.

So now, with the upgrade from 90 to 93 it looks like kodi copy all tables from KodiVideo90 to KodiVideo93 and then do some upgrade. tvshow_view was already existing and hence the error.

Renamed tvshow_view to tvshow_view_bk in KodiVideo90. Dropped KodiVideo93, re-perform upgrade and problem solved.
Great, thanks for letting us know. Please mark this as "solved". Smile