Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows screensaver overrules Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I recently updated my Kodi 15 box to Kodi 16 Jarvis alpha 4. Running Windows 8.1 x64. Had no problems with Isengard.

Since then, among several other problems (but hey, it's an alpha), whenever I leave the box inactive for a while, instead of the Kodi screensaver, the Windows screensaver kicks in and overrules Kodi. (I start Kodi with Launcher4Kodi.)

Is this new behaviour in Kodi 16, is it a new setting, can I do anything about it?
I have noticed this problem as well on Windows 10. Any solutions?
i know hardly anything about windows, but i'll guess it is because you don't run Kodi in a true fullscreen window.
I also run kodi 16b2 on win 10 and i don't have this issue.
The one thing i did change(since i have only one screen connected) is change the default screen setting in Kodi to true fullscreen as opposed to fullscreen window.
You can easily test this on your system..
I've tried it by now in Windows 10 Pro. Still the same problem.

I tested like you said. True fullscreen or fullscreen window, the setting does not make a difference here. Any other suggestions maybe?

For now I "solved" it by setting the Windows screensaver to wait half an hour. But that's a bit dangerous when my plasma tv is showing the Windows desktop for 30 minutes. Wink
Do plasma's (still) actually have that problem? Even LCD's can burn in, but its only temporary anyways. I'm pretty sure 30 mins isn't going to do anything.
'
Well, the older plasmas do. Mine is from 2010 and has some burn-in. But you're right, it's mostly retention and not really burn-in that's the risk. I'm not sure that's the relevant point here; Kodi should be a total immersion of media center on the TV, I think that's an easy concept. Big Grin

Why would Kodi 16 get overruled by the Windows screensaver, while Kodi 15 would be OK?
Due to Directx11, probably afedchin knows more..