Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-30, 22:24)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
1. Power menu fix.
2. ColorPicker fixes.
3. Moved the busy spinner.
4. Moved the user ratings under the clock.

I've moved the star rating under the clock to relax the space in the bottom a bit. I quite like the way it looks, but I can change it back if you don't like it. I've also moved the spinner next to the clock when the headers are disabled. Without the header, the spinner collides with the large labels in the top section, which is pretty ugly. This was the only convenient place to move it.

@jdig4240: Fixed in this update! Nice catch! Big Grin

@SkywalkerPD: Nope, you're not missing anything. It seems that the color picker has been less than friendly since Krypton! I haven't actually entered it in a long time, so I haven't even noticed it. Fixed most of the problems in this update. Be mindful, for whatever reason, the "Cancel" button doesn't work, so every time you enter the addon, you have to save the color to leave the window. But that's what the reset button is there for. xD

@tocinillo: From what you've described and the changes you've listed, it seems to me that the problem is in the animation. The rest of the interface probably expects the animation to be there, and lift everything up by 64 pixels. When this doesn't happen, it bugs out. Still, I could be wrong, a couple of screenshots might help. BTW, what is needed to install/use Plex? If there's an easy setup, I can try and add some kind of special interface for Plex users.

Yes, I'm talking about the official Plex addon for Kodi: https://kodi.tv/plex-add-on-for-kodi/

It uses their own interface:

The problem is that the top and bottom bar doesn't go away:

Yes, I think is something related with the animation...
@tocinillo: If the bars aren't disappearing, perhaps you need separate animations for the plex interface? You could try activating the debug option within the skin and seeing what is the window name while the bars are showing, and then base additional visibility conditions on that? I presume that the proper behaviour would be that the bars go away after a few seconds. This is all purely theoretical, because it depends on the way Plex achieves its integration into the skin OSD. In theory, if it overlays over what exists, it ought to achieve it by adding a new window, which would also indicate that visibility conditions are an option...

(2017-01-30, 23:08)SkywalkerPD Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the effort! I updated to 2.0.3. Rebooted and tried to change color en opacity. I did this by selecting 'Homebar color and opacity'. Like before clicking this option is not doing anything. Below is part of my log...

That's strange, I tested it out right before posting the update. There's definitely something buggy going on with the addon itself, the homebar text and tile colours are completely broken, but the rest seems to work properly.

Just in case, have you made sure you're running the latest beta versions of skinshortcuts and colorpicker from marcelvedt's beta repo?
I noticed the error related to the colorpicker call, I've just fixed it. It might make a difference. Fingers crossed. Smile

Thanks Alanon! I have to work first, will try tonight and let you know the results.
(2017-01-31, 01:00)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]@tocinillo: If the bars aren't disappearing, perhaps you need separate animations for the plex interface? You could try activating the debug option within the skin and seeing what is the window name while the bars are showing, and then base additional visibility conditions on that? I presume that the proper behaviour would be that the bars go away after a few seconds. This is all purely theoretical, because it depends on the way Plex achieves its integration into the skin OSD. In theory, if it overlays over what exists, it ought to achieve it by adding a new window, which would also indicate that visibility conditions are an option...

(2017-01-30, 23:08)SkywalkerPD Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the effort! I updated to 2.0.3. Rebooted and tried to change color en opacity. I did this by selecting 'Homebar color and opacity'. Like before clicking this option is not doing anything. Below is part of my log...

That's strange, I tested it out right before posting the update. There's definitely something buggy going on with the addon itself, the homebar text and tile colours are completely broken, but the rest seems to work properly.

Just in case, have you made sure you're running the latest beta versions of skinshortcuts and colorpicker from marcelvedt's beta repo?
I noticed the error related to the colorpicker call, I've just fixed it. It might make a difference. Fingers crossed. Smile

Yes, I think is this:

Quote:11:27:51.834 T:140367315826432 DEBUG: CVideoPlayer::HandleMessages - player started 2
11:27:51.839 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 12005
11:27:51.839 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.plex/resources/skins/Main/1080i/script-plex-video_player.xml) ------
11:27:51.839 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
11:27:51.839 T:140370546149760 INFO: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: Resolution HDMI1: 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz (18) not a very good match for fps 23.976 (weight: 0.043), trying 2:3 cadence
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : HDMI1: 1920x1080 @ 59.94Hz (19) (weight: 0.000)
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 NOTICE: CWinSystemX11::SetFullScreen - calling xrandr
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: OnLostDevice - notify display change event
11:27:51.842 T:140370546149760 DEBUG: Flush - flushing renderer
11:27:51.869 T:140367903053568 DEBUG: Skin Helper Widgets --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: Player.OnPlay - data: {"item":{"title":"Star Trek: Más allá","type":"movie","year":2016},"player":{"playerid":-1,"speed":1}}

Thanks again for your help Wink
@Alanon,

YES! Please forgive me...I had the "add sources" button unchecked which hid the "add pictures" option. Its fine now. User error!.

Sorry and I hope I did not have u chasing ghosts too long...very sorry but problem solved.

Thanks again so very much for everything.!
(2017-02-01, 00:20)Perfect Styles Wrote: [ -> ]@Alanon,

YES! Please forgive me...I had the "add sources" button unchecked which hid the "add pictures" option. Its fine now. User error!.

Sorry and I hope I did not have u chasing ghosts too long...very sorry but problem solved.

No worries, we're all just trying to make this skin better. Wink
(2017-02-01, 00:45)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-01, 00:20)Perfect Styles Wrote: [ -> ]@Alanon,

No worries, we're all just trying to make this skin better. Wink

Great. Just did find one small thing in this version ..and at least will be easy for u to check...when I went to set the Header Bar color and opacity...could not get it off of the Default setting.
(2017-02-01, 02:17)Perfect Styles Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Just did find one small thing in this version ..and at least will be easy for u to check...when I went to set the Header Bar color and opacity...could not get it off of the Default setting.

SkywalkerPD reported the same behaviour. I've been unable to reproduce this bug, for me it works perfectly every time, and I've tested it several times after restarting, etc.

I can only suggest you check if you have the latest versions of "script.skin.helper.colorpicker" and "script.skin.helper.service". Both can be found in marcelvedt's official beta repo.

I've tweaked things around a bit to reflect the dependencies and help minimise the confusion. If I did it right, the most necessary addons like skinshortcuts, widgets, colorpicker etc. should download automatically while the skin is installing.

(2017-02-01, 03:21)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-01, 02:17)Perfect Styles Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Just did find one small thing in this version ..and at least will be easy for u to check...when I went to set the Header Bar color and opacity...could not get it off of the Default setting.

SkywalkerPD reported the same behaviour. I've been unable to reproduce this bug, for me it works perfectly every time, and I've tested it several times after restarting, etc.

I can only suggest you check if you have the latest versions of "script.skin.helper.colorpicker" and "script.skin.helper.service". Both can be found in marcelvedt's official beta repo.

I've tweaked things around a bit to reflect the dependencies and help minimise the confusion. If I did it right, the most necessary addons like skinshortcuts, widgets, colorpicker etc. should download automatically while the skin is installing.

Why do not you use the service github.com
Can anyone help me?
i need to put arial font in the skin so i can use it with hebrew interface in kodi 17 android 7

TNX
(2017-02-01, 03:21)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi again,

I enabled debug info (skin) and the problem is in: script-plex-seek_dialog.xml that's: http://pastebin.com/Uj5hs0Q3

PS: Fixed! In that xml file, search line <control type="group" id="802">; the next line is:

<visible>[!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) | Window.IsVisible(seekbar)] + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(subtitlesearch) + !Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)</visible>

Changed to:

<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible>

Perfect!
(2017-02-01, 06:01)avia Wrote: [ -> ]Why do not you use the service github.com

Frankly, I'm not sure how to properly set everything up, so it just seems easier to post my mods in the thread, since the people who are interested usually follow the thread. If I ever figure out an easy way to properly use github and set up a Kodi repo, I'll do it.

(2017-02-01, 11:46)macavita Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone help me?
i need to put arial font in the skin so i can use it with hebrew interface in kodi 17 android 7

TNX

Arial has been in the skin for a long time, you can change the font in Settings/Interface/Skin/Font. As far as I know, it changes every font throughout the skin to arial.

(2017-02-01, 18:47)tocinillo Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Fixed! In that xml file, search line <control type="group" id="802">; the next line is:

<visible>[!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) | Window.IsVisible(seekbar)] + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(subtitlesearch) + !Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo)</visible>

Changed to:

<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(show.OSD)) + !Window.IsVisible(osdvideosettings) + !Window.IsVisible(osdaudiosettings)</visible>

Perfect!

Nice! I'm glad you got it working! Big Grin

(Just be sure to make a note of the changes you've made, since you'll have to re-do them every time the addon updates.)
Still problems with the opacity setting. Menu items still not working. Installed the latest 2.0.5 version. Checked the installment of the nececary addons. All seems fine.
The strange thing is, that I have 2 installations. One I have for a very long time, and did I upgrade time after time with the latest versions. (Now LibreElec 7.95.1 Kodi 17 RC3) And one very recent (installed yesterday evening) with LibreElec 7.95.1 (Kodi 17 RC3) clean install, with the skin and nececary addons.

My old install is working like it should, the new clean install is not working. I can't find the problem.

Regards,
Pascal
(2017-02-01, 20:56)SkywalkerPD Wrote: [ -> ]Still problems with the opacity setting. Menu items still not working. Installed the latest 2.0.5 version. Checked the installment of the necessary addons. All seems fine.
The strange thing is, that I have 2 installations. One I have for a very long time, and did I upgrade time after time with the latest versions. (Now LibreElec 7.95.1 Kodi 17 RC3) And one very recent (installed yesterday evening) with LibreElec 7.95.1 (Kodi 17 RC3) clean install, with the skin and nececary addons.

My old install is working like it should, the new clean install is not working. I can't find the problem.

Regards,
Pascal

That's strange. Do you get any errors in your kodi.log when trying to invoke the colorpicker on that particular setting? I've gotten some errors regarding the addon recently and I've contacted marcel hoping he could shine a light. There's a chance that this affects the home bar settings in your case.

I've just tried resetting all my skin settings and seeing if that does the trick, and still I don't have that problem. This should indicate that it's not the skin settings per se that are causing the problem, and the code itself seems sound, since at least in some cases i is working properly.

I'll try a clean install on my laptop and see what that might do.

In the meantime, you can try and see if manually changing the color HomeBar color string in the userdata\addon_data\skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\settings.xml would do the trick?
Okay, got it fixed. But I don't know why. What I did was add one script.module named buggalo. I found errors refering to this in the log.

I installed the skin again, now with the .zip file. Before I didn't install, but just uploaded the skin with FTP.

Before installing I got this error. Wich was strange, because script.skin.helper.colorpicker was present on the system.

xecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.skin.helper.colorpicker

After installing with the .zip, there are still errors, but it works.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'color_image_file' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib/ColorPicker.py", line 204, in onAction
self.save_color_setting(restoreprevious=True)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib/ColorPicker.py", line 233, in save_color_setting
self.create_color_swatch_image(colorstring)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib/ColorPicker.py", line 338, in create_color_swatch_image
return color_image_file
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'color_image_file' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--