Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-11-12, 17:52)gogorman Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have the most recent version that works with Krypton?
Thanks

I was actually going to ask same thing as this wouldn't even install on the latest KODI 17(beta) on ATV4.
On my HTPC LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA does not work
when i try to install on krypton i get an error:

xbmc.gui.5.11.0 dependancy not met.
Hey there,

I am using Jarvis (DsPlayer Version) with Windows 10 as OS. However, I have a small "cosmetic" issue, the string "Next Episode" is not displayed for the Next Air addon in the tvshows view:

The strange thing is, the string "Last episode:" is displayed correctly for finished shows:

How can correct this bug and is it possible to change the both strings (last and next) from English into a different language?

Thank you guys Smile
Hello, thanks for working on this MOD, I see that is discontinued now, my only request was to add the button below:

Hi, I'm using this skin and the youtube adddon only has 3 views, how can I add more? I edited the views.xml to include the panel list 2, but when I select it goes back to list view... Any help?

Guilouz, please dont stop dev on this skin. Do you plan on modding the Krypton version to have the same features as this mod?? I tried the 2.0 for Krypton, but it is just missing too many good options that you implemented in this mod. Like the optional colors for home screen and the beveled widget runs too far to the left and is not coded right. I want your mod for Krypton bad, lol!!
(2016-12-03, 23:34)bollstedt Wrote: [ -> ]How can correct this bug and is it possible to change the both strings (last and next) from English into a different language?

Thank you guys Smile

Hi, I'm not sure how to really fix it, but I have found a hack. You need to go to Includes_Labels.xml. The problem seems to be that the skin doesn't read the localized label properly. The way to fix it is to find line 187 and make a small edit:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)) + !Skin.HasSetting(hidenextairedinfos)">[COLOR=$VAR[HighlightColor2]]Next Episode : [/COLOR]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle),, • ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.AirTime),, • ]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)]</value>

Right where you see the "Next Episode" text, there used to be a proper string. Delete the string and input the text in your language. Smile
You can do the same for the "Last Episode" text, it's the line directly under this one.
(2016-12-07, 18:26)dalethefarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, thanks for working on this MOD, I see that is discontinued now, my only request was to add the button below:

+1 for this, anyone?

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
(2016-12-30, 07:26)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for this, anyone?

I tried to compare the solution that Eminence 2.5 uses, but I couldn't find anything in DialogSettings that refers to these buttons. If anyone could point me to where to look, I might be able to copy/paste something... I really don't know how to code, so compare, copy, trial and error are my only tools.

Does anyone have a problem where the widget discart suppresses the fanart? Every time there's a disc in the widget, the background fades into blackness. It's really annoying, and I dont know why it's happening. I tried to tinker with it, but no dice...

On a side note, while tinkering I was able to make updates for the latest skin helper service, and also achieved partial support for extrafanart. Big Grin
(2016-12-30, 15:44)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-30, 07:26)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for this, anyone?

I tried to compare the solution that Eminence 2.5 uses, but I couldn't find anything in DialogSettings that refers to these buttons. If anyone could point me to where to look, I might be able to copy/paste something... I really don't know how to code, so compare, copy, trial and error are my only tools.

Does anyone have a problem where the widget discart suppresses the fanart? Every time there's a disc in the widget, the background fades into blackness. It's really annoying, and I dont know why it's happening. I tried to tinker with it, but no dice...

On a side note, while tinkering I was able to make updates for the latest skin helper service, and also achieved partial support for extrafanart. Big Grin
Hi, i have version of this skin with some extras like backgrounds, smart playlists; weather widget fixed and mods in Video OSD and live tv, oh and Spanish translations. If you want i can give you the link by PM (github repo)
When I tested discart widget, everything showed up correctly but i don't use that feature anymore.

(2016-12-30, 20:43)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i have version of this skin with some extras like backgrounds, smart playlists; weather widget fixed and mods in Video OSD and live tv, oh and Spanish translations. If you want i can give you the link by PM (github repo)
When I tested discart widget, everything showed up correctly but i don't use that feature anymore.

That would be great! Big Grin

Btw, I took a closer look at the posted image. I knew something was strange! From what I can see, it's from the extras/movie icons part of the skin? Here's what mine looks like:

For me, "Get more..." also appers on every other selection dialog except the skin selection. I've tweaked this skin countless times before, so I'm not sure what caused this particular behaviour.
Okay! After having reviewed some bits and pieces of Krypton skinning documentation, it seems that in my first search I overcomplicated things. The solution to the problem was actually much simpler than I thought. Here's the end result:

watch gallery

The file is DialogueSelect.xml, starting at line 64. It seems that there was a condition not to display the buttons on Control 6, which practically meant all of the selection dialogues. After figuring that out, it was only a matter of placing the "revealed" buttons in their appropriate places, to match Eminence 2. Bear in mind that I've no idea if this will break something else in the skin. Also, as you can note on the second screenshot, in my case, the "Get more" is sometimes in the list itself, and in those cases it doesn't appear up top. Please test the code out, and see if it works for you.

Code:
<control type="grouplist">
        <visible>Control.IsVisible(6)</visible>
        <align>right</align>
        <right>side</right>
        <itemgap>pad</itemgap>
        <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
        <onleft>6</onleft>
        <onright>6</onright>
        <onup>6</onup>
        <ondown>6</ondown>
        <top>-570</top>
        <control type="button" id="5">    
            <width>auto</width>
            <height>100%</height>
            <align>right</align>
            <texturenofocus>noop</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>noop</texturefocus>
            <focusedcolor>$VAR[HighlightColor]</focusedcolor>
            <include>Defs_OptionButton</include>
        </control>
        <control type="button" id="7">
            <width>auto</width>
            <height>100%</height>
            <align>right</align>
            <texturenofocus>noop</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>noop</texturefocus>
            <focusedcolor>$VAR[HighlightColor]</focusedcolor>
            <include>Defs_OptionButton</include>
        </control>
</control>
Hello everyone! These past few days I've been hard at work trying to mod this skin to suit my preferences, and to use what Krypton demands. I've tried to fix some of the things people in this thread have been experiencing, and to add some things myself and others have wanted.
Aside from bugfixes, many things I've changed only because I liked the way they looked. In most cases these things can be reverted back with a little legwork. This is my absolute first tampering with a skin, so I don't really know if I've broken anything while changing bits and pieces. For instance, I don't use PVR, and I don't use music, so I can't really say if there's anything wrong. Best case scenario, they've remained as they were.

I'm no skinner, and no coder, so this has been a huge learning experience. Right now, things are working wonderfully for me, so I've decided to share my version with those interested. Let me know what you think! If you encounter any problems, I'll try to fix them, if I am able.

What's new:

1. Added support for rotating ExtraFanart with Skin Helper! The extrafanart now rotates in a random fashion, and works with movies, moviesets, shows, seasons, episodes, and extrainfo (that I've tested), and potentially music. If there's no fanart, it should return the default single fanart.png. If all else fails, it returns either the fallback fanart (if set up), or a plain black background.

2. Fixed the Krypton settings screen. I merely used the correct window calls for Krypton. Also added the File Manager and Favourites buttons, for overall symmetry.

3. Added RottenTomatoes, Metacritic and IMDb ratings to the VideoInfo screen. (Btw, I'm looking for some nicer buttons for this screen, any thoughts?)

4. Updated the Dialogs and added the "Get more..." and "Cancel" buttons to almost all of them. In my testing, not all the dialogues had the buttons, I don't know why.

5. Added the Showcase view from Eminence 2.5! This is probably the biggest change, I tried to adapt it as best I could. I think it's pretty similar.

6. Redesigned the way Video OSD works. In short, if you enable the "Show compact Video OSD" setting, you get the info screen from Eminence 2.5. All the flags, plot, etc are in the info window. Otherwise, you get a compact option of the Guilouz mod.

7. The info button in the video osd now toggles between aforementioned views.

What's improved:

1. I altered the aspect ratio of the flags, as well as most of the other artwork. I really, really hate it when anything is stretched.

2. Fixed most of the Skin Helper properties to work with the latest version, as per the online documentation. I also used the SH support for the HH:MM format. Script.Duration is no longer necessary. (Downside is, since I changed all of the calls, if the online info lists wrong duration data, you won't be able to correct it.)

3. Edited the movieset display. The movieset posters are displayed in the lower right corner once more. Also added a total runtime info next to the posters. Depending on the view, you will sometimes get a list of films in a set, and other times only the number of films + years inside a set. Oh, and if you have a widget displaying a movie from a set, it will not show a proper background. You need to use the Movie Set Artwork Automator to set fanart up properly, I think.

4. Made a much smaller "Large submenu". I didn't really like the large menu, as it was too large, even without the icons. But the smaller one was somehow too small, and I wanted something in between. xD

5. Tweaked the little timestamp bubble. To me it was ugly, so I reverted it to the unobtrusive dark gray color.

6. Removed the changelog button from the addon info screen, since it was removed from Krypton.

7. Changed the colordiffuse graphic from light to dark on 99% of the views. With Extrafanart, there are various images scrolling in the background. Some of them are light coloured, and some of them dark. Often this would cause low text and info readability, particularly if you like to have very visible fanart backgrounds like I do (40% or less darkening). So I changed most of the views to diffuse color in a darker shade, and using a black texture. This improves readability on light backgrounds tremendously, while being almost invisible on darker ones, unlike the light version. For me it was a win-win. I might add a more comprehensive setting later on, but I'm not sure.

(I think this change might mess with peoples' colour themes. To revert this, simply run a batch replace of "black.png" to "white.png" using something like Notepad++. Do this in all four view files, and then revert the 3-4 entries in Includes_Object. That's all! I tried to achieve what I wanted using the clolour entries the skin provided, and only decided to change the texture after failing. If anyone has more knowledge on the way colours work in Eminence, please let me know.)

8. Repaired the subitle offset slider. It's now horizontal, as it should be.

9. Modded the way source flags are displayed while playing. It should work for most source formats, based on file names and or paths, default reverts to web-dl.
(2016-12-09, 18:55)dalethefarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm using this skin and the youtube adddon only has 3 views, how can I add more? I edited the views.xml to include the panel list 2, but when I select it goes back to list view... Any help?

Hi Dale,

I have the same problem. Found out the skin is using script.skin.helper.service in Includes_Object.xml when pressing the button with ID=4403

Search for this line in Includes_Object.xml:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=SETVIEW)</onclick>

SH uses the Container.Content value which the Youtube addin sets as "videos" instead of "movies". And SH doesn't handle "videos", so returns a minimum set of views (I guess it internally translates "videos" to the well-known type "files").

I've opened an issue:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../issues/75