Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is great, we are getting there. This skin is alive, thank you Alanon. Now is testing time.
I'll pm you if i find your icons or come up with new ideas.

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!
(2017-01-04, 16:03)Hablaras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 18:55)dalethefarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm using this skin and the youtube adddon only has 3 views, how can I add more? I edited the views.xml to include the panel list 2, but when I select it goes back to list view... Any help?

Hi Dale,

I have the same problem. Found out the skin is using script.skin.helper.service in Includes_Object.xml when pressing the button with ID=4403

Search for this line in Includes_Object.xml:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=SETVIEW)</onclick>

SH uses the Container.Content value which the Youtube addin sets as "videos" instead of "movies". And SH doesn't handle "videos", so returns a minimum set of views (I guess it internally translates "videos" to the well-known type "files").

I've opened an issue:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../issues/75

Hmm, an easy workaround is to add "videos" to selectable views in /extras/views.xml:

Find and replace:
"movies,
with
"movies,videos,

Still, not all views work then, because there are additional filters in the viewtype XML files.

To get all views working for "videos" (e.g. Youtube)
- Open viewtype_Icon.xml, viewtype_List.xml, and viewtype_Wide.xml
- Add to all condition param tags: " | Container.Content(videos) "

E.g. change
<param name="condition" value="Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)" />
to
<param name="condition" value="Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(videos)" />
I think most of the views were segmented off for obvious reasons. Not every viewtype is suitable for every type of content. For instance, I can see why all the poster-based views aren't available for episodes or music. The aspect ratio would be all wrong, and modifying each and every view to fit perfectly with every content type would make the code and skin over-complicated.

I don't use youtube, but I can see by the way you've described the situation that a few more views could probably be added. If anyone would like to explore this a bit further, eg. what is suitable for pictures, videos and/or artists, I'd be more than happy to tweak some things in my mod to add a number of containers to the views.

Oh, and btw, here's an update:

Changes:
1. Added support for animated artwork, if available!
(Keep in mind, I've left the 16x9 thumbs separate on purpose. It you want real (and animated) film thumbs, you don't need the landscapes. To mix the landscapes with the animated stuff is a bit illogical to me. The posters work either way, so you can mix and match the settings.)
2. Cleaned up inconsistent code, deprecated labels, errors, etc..
3. Added proper settings and labels for animated artwork, extrafanart, etc, so translators can rely on the strings.

Todo:
1. Scrollbar for navigating through libraries.
2. Better icons.
3. ?

It would be great if someone would test the mod for PVR and music, since I don't use them. Something might've broken along the way. Testing out cdart manager might also be a good idea... Also, should I leave the info osd button as a toggle or not? I'm not sure, myself... Perhaps all the buttons could be overhauled, so more stuff would fit... Thoughts?

Cheers!
(2017-01-04, 18:52)Hablaras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-04, 16:03)Hablaras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 18:55)dalethefarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm using this skin and the youtube adddon only has 3 views, how can I add more? I edited the views.xml to include the panel list 2, but when I select it goes back to list view... Any help?

Hi Dale,

I have the same problem. Found out the skin is using script.skin.helper.service in Includes_Object.xml when pressing the button with ID=4403

Search for this line in Includes_Object.xml:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=SETVIEW)</onclick>

SH uses the Container.Content value which the Youtube addin sets as "videos" instead of "movies". And SH doesn't handle "videos", so returns a minimum set of views (I guess it internally translates "videos" to the well-known type "files").

I've opened an issue:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk.../issues/75

Hmm, an easy workaround is to add "videos" to selectable views in /extras/views.xml:

Find and replace:
"movies,
with
"movies,videos,

Still, not all views work then, because there are additional filters in the viewtype XML files.

To get all views working for "videos" (e.g. Youtube)
- Open viewtype_Icon.xml, viewtype_List.xml, and viewtype_Wide.xml
- Add to all condition param tags: " | Container.Content(videos) "

E.g. change
<param name="condition" value="Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)" />
to
<param name="condition" value="Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(videos)" />

Hi there, what i really would want is actually to disable most views in the selection screen. It has about 20 views and i use about 5. It would really be helpful to disable some. Could you point me in the right direction? If it's easy enough i will do it myself.

Thanks
(2017-01-05, 03:43)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]I think most of the views were segmented off for obvious reasons. Not every viewtype is suitable for every type of content. For instance, I can see why all the poster-based views aren't available for episodes or music. The aspect ratio would be all wrong, and modifying each and every view to fit perfectly with every content type would make the code and skin over-complicated.

I don't use youtube, but I can see by the way you've described the situation that a few more views could probably be added. If anyone would like to explore this a bit further, eg. what is suitable for pictures, videos and/or artists, I'd be more than happy to tweak some things in my mod to add a number of containers to the views.

Changes:
(Keep in mind, I've left the 16x9 thumbs separate on purpose. It you want real (and animated) film thumbs, you don't need the landscapes. To mix the landscapes with the animated stuff is a bit illogical to me. The posters work either way, so you can mix and match the settings.)
3. Added proper settings and labels for animated artwork, extrafanart, etc, so translators can rely on the strings.

Todo:
2. Better icons.
3. ?

It would be great if someone would test the mod for PVR and music, since I don't use them. Something might've broken along the way. Testing out cdart manager might also be a good idea... Also, should I leave the info osd button as a toggle or not? I'm not sure, myself... Perhaps all the buttons could be overhauled, so more stuff would fit... Thoughts?

Cheers!
Hi Alanon can you please add support for libreelec, openelec, OSMC setting menu. You could add a menu instead of the "skin settings" one within kodi settings (bottom left) and depending of the distro it will show up the corresponding menu.
I asked edit4ever help for this a while a go but i did not go further with it. I do have some info about it i could pm you though.

(2017-01-05, 05:00)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, what i really would want is actually to disable most views in the selection screen. It has about 20 views and i use about 5. It would really be helpful to disable some. Could you point me in the right direction? If it's easy enough i will do it myself.

Thanks

Navigate to extras/views. Remove the categories from those views that you do not use. If empty, the view will not show within any selector. Wink

(2017-01-05, 05:20)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alanon can you please add support for libreelec, openelec, OSMC setting menu. You could add a menu instead of the "skin settings" one within kodi settings (bottom left) and depending of the distro it will show up the corresponding menu.
I asked edit4ever help for this a while a go but i did not go further with it. I do have some info about it i could pm you though.

Sure, if it's as simple as adding a menu entry, no problem. Feel free to PM me with all the info. Smile
Might take me a few days, as I'm knee deep in letter scrollbar research, but if I can, I'll get it done.
where can we get the latest files please? because the zip files on the first post are either no longer valid or are causing errors in Krypton that dont allow for the skin to be used.

thanks in advance
(2017-01-07, 01:30)Kodee Newbee Wrote: [ -> ]where can we get the latest files please? because the zip files on the first post are either no longer valid or are causing errors in Krypton that dont allow for the skin to be used.

thanks in advance
Read a page back. Alanon shared an update to this skin that works on krypton

(2017-01-07, 16:51)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-07, 01:30)Kodee Newbee Wrote: [ -> ]where can we get the latest files please? because the zip files on the first post are either no longer valid or are causing errors in Krypton that dont allow for the skin to be used.

thanks in advance
Read a page back. Alanon shared an update to this skin that works on krypton

Thanks very very much
(2017-01-05, 03:43)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]I think most of the views were segmented off for obvious reasons. Not every viewtype is suitable for every type of content. For instance, I can see why all the poster-based views aren't available for episodes or music. The aspect ratio would be all wrong, and modifying each and every view to fit perfectly with every content type would make the code and skin over-complicated.

Changes:

Todo:
2. Better icons.
3. ?

Cheers!

Awesome that someone picked up the Eminence 2 Mod and enabled it for Krypton.
Thanks a bunch Alanon. Smile

Any plans to push it into a repository so we can get automatic updates too?
Pretty please? Wink
(2017-01-05, 05:20)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]

Changes:

Todo:
2. Better icons.
3. ?

Cheers!
Hi Alanon can you please add support for libreelec, openelec, OSMC setting menu. You could add a menu instead of the "skin settings" one within kodi settings (bottom left) and depending of the distro it will show up the corresponding menu.

You can provide a wider information whet file changed?
I would love to completely hide the little volume-popup when I change the volume while watching a movie. It disturbes the watching-experience if you change the volume a lot (like I do)

Could somebody please help me with that Huh

There is an option to hide the Tile (Under Skin-Settings ->Header-> "Hide tile")
BUT it does not disable the tile-popup when changing the volume. It always shows up as a Popup.

Maybe deleting the file for the tile? Or a small change of code - but where?
Maybe #Alanon could add a second option "really, completely hide tile" in the settings?

Thanks in advance !!

PS: I will test music-view and cdART Manager, asap
(2017-01-11, 01:48)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to completely hide the little volume-popup when I change the volume while watching a movie. It disturbes the watching-experience if you change the volume a lot (like I do)

Could somebody please help me with that Huh

There is an option to hide the Tile (Under Skin-Settings ->Header-> "Hide tile")
BUT it does not disable the tile-popup when changing the volume. It always shows up as a Popup.

Maybe deleting the file for the tile? Or a small change of code - but where?
Maybe #Alanon could add a second option "really, completely hide tile" in the settings?

Okay, I did it.
But I do not really know what did the trick in the end:

1. In the 16x9 colder I changed Includes_Furniture.xml (replaced all "Window.IsVisible(DialogVolumeBar.xml)" with "Window.IsDisabled(DialogVolumeBar.xml)" - Can I do that with no harm, or is that nonsense?
2. I changed Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml (set DialogVolumeBar <visible>false</visible>) But I don't think thats necessary?
3. I deleted "DialogVolumeBar.xml"
(2017-01-05, 03:43)Alanon Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if someone would test the mod for PVR and music, since I don't use them. Something might've broken along the way. Testing out cdart manager might also be a good idea... Also, should I leave the info osd button as a toggle or not? I'm not sure, myself... Perhaps all the buttons could be overhauled, so more stuff would fit... Thoughts?

Cheers!

Music is working perfectly for me. Same as it did before. I am using the still artist-fanart picture as background.
It does NOT show the Codec-Picture for AIF and AIFF files, though. Only three question-marks. MP3 and AAC is shown correctly.

cdARTmanager is also working fine for me

Changelog:

1. Improved vertical and horizontal scrolling.
2. Added letter scrollbar (by marcelvedt and the Aeon Madnox team!).
3. Added Player.Process dialog for Krypton.
4. Adapted the game controlers file from Eminence 2.5 (needs to be tested).
5. Fixed some small glitches.

As far as the new interfaces are concerned I tried to adapt the mods incorporated into Eminence 2.5. The new progress menu is accessible by pressing o during playback. IMHO, it's not as informative as the previous one used to be, but it contains literally all the information that the dialog is able to access. I can't at all say about the game controllers interface, it might be broken, but I've no way of testing...

Most importantly for this update, I was able to improve overall scrollbars and added a new type of scrollbar. Basically, before there was no easy way of navigating your large collection. I've changed that, so that almost every viewtype now has a scrollbar (vertical or horizontal) or a special alphabetical scrollbar. I've tried to make sure this also works for the folks using remotes and other controlling devices besides mice.

I've also made sure that these two scrollbar types are interchangeable: you can use both, none, or either one. The behaviour is the same either way: by pressing left on any vertical view, or down on any horizontal view, you should focus on the scrollbars/letter scrollbar. If both are enabled at the same time, pressing left/down should always lead to the the scrollbars, and pressing left/down again will lead you to the letter scrollbar.

This behaviour is not true for the poster wall type views, or the banner view, because their focus and scrolling work in different ways, and I didn't really want to mess with that, because it defeats the point of the view. If you have over a dozen posters on the screen, you can already navigate things pretty nicely. For these types of views, scrollbars are accessible only via mouse.

The letter scrollbar I've adapted from the wonderful Madnox skin, and marcelvedt's coding genius. It's entirely their creation, I merely tried to make it work in another skin. It's such a practical solution, I can't believe it's not standard in all skins. Basically, by clicking on a letter, you get transported to that section of your library. It always takes a few seconds after booting Kodi to populate the letterbar for me, but once it's there, it's ready to go. Oh, and it also works in the addons section!

@wise_rice: I've looked into the code, and I remain confused. The way it's set up, it should hide the tile during playback, only it doesn't. The settings in Includes_Furniture include only the contents, not the background itself. The header settings, however, list the proper conditions for visibility. I'd wager that what did the trick was deleting the DialogVolumeBar, since that's what appears when you change the volume anyway. As far as I know, there are no IsDisabled window conditions in Kodi.

As far as the audio flags go, the only line of code I've found commands to display the flag that matches the codec name. If there's nothing displayed but question marks, it means that Kodi didn't find anything among the flags and reverted to its default. I would try to make copies and rename some of the existing aiff flags an see if that helps? I don't really know what other naming convention these files might have? Perhaps they are some special variation of the aiff format that kodi is sensitive to, that need proper representation as a new flag?