Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: using an SD card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to have Kodi save all the temporary data it downloads for streaming onto an SD card, to prevent damage to my internal hard drive (that may be cause be the constant write-delete actions).

I have a few questions regarding this matter:

1. I tried looking up how to configure Kodi to do that but did not find a direct answer. Some articles explain how to 'save space' while others talk about 'user data' or 'user cahce'. Which is "the cache" that I was talking about - the movie\episode file parts that are temporarily saved on the hard drive and then removed?

2. How do I configure this setting? Is this a Kodi-wide setting or should I configure this on the addon that I use?

3. I have ordered a class 10 64GB sd card from eBay. Will using it boost or reduce performance?

4. Does "Zero cache" mean that the whole movie \ episode is going to be downloaded to the sd card instead of parts?

Thank you for your help, it is very appreciated.
Edited OP to remove reference to a banned add-on (wiki)
(2015-11-06, 10:46)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Edited OP to remove reference to a banned add-on (wiki)

Thank you and excuse me for not being aware of this rule.