Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to run music scraper on a chosen album?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First, let me say I know how to do it by clicking buttons. In the default skin. That's not why I am here. Wink

I am brewing on a skin that has several panels and list - filled with database items; genres, artists, albums and songs - all together in a single window, all filled by plugins, and all actions handled by "onclick" - pretty much nothing is left for Kodi to handle.

I suddenly realize I have no idea how to "call" the music scraper to do it's magic on a certain album (or any other item, be that artist or movie or anything in the database really)?

I know I can activate "button 6" in dialogmusic.xml, but how do I tell xbmc/kodi what it is supposed to scrape?

Is it simply the selected item, in any panel? If so, what information must the item/panel/container have? (I fill them all dynamically so they don't really have any information besides the thumbnail but I could add it ofcourse). Oh, and I will quite possibly end up with lists with mixed contents any day soon.. then what?

If the solution is to somehow activate the scraper addon from (another) python script that would be ok by me. But how?

It is quite possible that I am overthinking this, so please - any help is appreciated Smile

Thanks,
Torben
Would someone kindly move this thread to where this specific knowledge is?
Thread moved to skinning. Go there for updates and replies:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247079
Well.. No go yet. Any clues where I should ask How to run a scraper on an album in the database, from a python script?