Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aerial (ATV4 Screensavers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2018-07-10, 15:03)effe.rnr Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing to get back to normal screen is to restart Kodi via App/Webinterface.
Where is the restart option in the web interface ?
(2018-07-11, 04:51)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting, i am updating the addon for leia when Kodi is closer to final release.
 okay, nice to know. With older Milhouse Builts it was still working. Maybe it'll work again with the next updates.

@MB32 it belongs to which webinterface you are using. With Chorus 2 you have to open the remote widget (see screenshot) and there is a power button where you can shutdown/reboot/etc.

Running on a Minix NEO U1 (S905.arm) with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 and Kodi 17.6, oldish Sony television connected via HDMI. If I leave the Minix alone and switch the TV to view some other input, when Aerial comes on as a screen saver, the Minix box will send the CEC command to switch over to the Minix input, and I get a peaceful Aerial vista instead of whatever I was watching on the other TV input. This is a bit silly.
I'm posting this here since this is the screensaver I like the most, but I think this happens no matter which screensaver I use. Hoping someone can help as this has been a frustration for a few years.

No matter what I do I CANNOT get screensaver preferences to save!
In the Kodi UI, under Interface > Screensaver > Screensaver mode, setting this to Aerial (or any other screensaver) will only remember my preference until I restart Kodi, at which time it resets to None.
If I try to force it via advancedsettings.xml, the UI option disappears but the screensaver doesn't seem to kick in so I suspect this is not working right either.
This is the ONLY setting that Kodi won't save.

Any suggestions?
@quixote23 - What are the permissions for the kido user on your system?  Perhaps whatever file is needed to store your preferences is not correctly setup as such.  Assuming linux, what is the user you're running kodi as?  If it's 'foo' post the output of:
Code:
id foo

If you know your user and group and homedirectory, just as root:
Code:
chown -R kodi:users /path/to/kodihome
(2018-09-13, 22:16)quixote23 Wrote: [ -> ]No matter what I do I CANNOT get screensaver preferences to save!
In the Kodi UI, under Interface > Screensaver > Screensaver mode, setting this to Aerial (or any other screensaver) will only remember my preference until I restart Kodi, at which time it resets to None.
If I try to force it via advancedsettings.xml, the UI option disappears but the screensaver doesn't seem to kick in so I suspect this is not working right either.
This is the ONLY setting that Kodi won't save.
I suspect people may be able to give better answers if you tell a bit more about the environment you are running Kodi under: hardware (on a PC, a Mac, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook,...), operating system (Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, LibreElec,...), what versions, also what versions of Kodi and Aerial?
Thanks for the reply! Fair enough, here's what I'm running:

Environment: Desktop PC (Asus Z97-A mobo, 8gb DDR3, i5-4670K, GTX 960)
Kodi: v17.6
Screensaver: Aerial v1.5.1
Skin: Arctic Zephy + v2.3.9

Permissions: Kodi running as Administrator by default, and again, no issues with saved settings not persisting across instances elsewhere.

I'd be happy to provide pre-change and post-change logs if anyone thinks that would be helpful.
Just one question ? If my screensaver must launch when i watch a video then aerial don't run.
Is it a bug or is it just because launching a video screensaver need to launch the video i have pause just before ?
Can We have à option to force this (cut video playback to launch thé screensaver)?
Thanks.
Hi Rofl ,

I'm really happy with this screensaver, it looks absolutely gorgeous  I have one small little issue though: I can't seem to disable the top-right info bar (time remaining), which is visible during playback.

I've carefully gone through ever option in system settings, and I've tried searching the Kodi forums for information on how to do this, but to no avail.

I'm running Kodi v18 Leia (release 2) through CoreELEC 8.95.6 on a MINIX U9-1H box. My Kodi setup is running on the latest Grid skin for Leia. 

I hope you guys can help me. Huh

Thanks,
I forgot to add:

I've tried both the streaming option and the download videos locally option. Info bar persists to stay visible either way.

I do not experience this problem during normal playback of content from my movie/TV libraries.
the addon isn't modified for kodi 18 yet. Maybe that causes your problem.

but regarding to post #165 @enen92 will update the addon soon.

@enen92 a small feature request for Kodi 18 version:

Would be really happy if there would be the possibilty to show time and weather when the screensaver is running.

thanks!
Just installed on kodi 18 (coreelec) downloaded the videos first and they're running good, nice with a release for kodi 18 support anyway. 
As effe.rnr said would be nice with time and wheater timestamp!
You guys might consider opening an issue on github for your feature request...
I would really like to use this screensaver but I have two bugs:
1. the screensaver turns the screen on when it is in standby. (scared me half to death in the middle of the night)

2. after some time it goes into still images but these follow each other so quickly that it becomes a flickering mess.

Running kodi 17.6

I'll try to get it to log what happens.
(2018-07-11, 04:51)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reporting, i am updating the addon for leia when Kodi is closer to final release.

Any way to add the wonderful ISS videos in manually, or is this dependent on the upcoming Leia update?

Thanks for this add-on btw it's really beautiful!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15