Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDHomeRun PVR native addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Nb2a, I've tried a number of different builds but couldn't get it working in Openelec on a PI2. When I try to load it, it doesn't download anything. I'm able to configure it, but cannot launch/run it.
(2016-02-22, 03:52)Minich Wrote: [ -> ]Nb2a, I've tried a number of different builds but couldn't get it working in Openelec on a PI2. When I try to load it, it doesn't download anything. I'm able to configure it, but cannot launch/run it.

Thank you for the reply. I get it to load and run on a PI2 Using OpenElec Milhouse build 221 at this point but video and audio after a few seconds goes nuts. I also think since I have raised this point a few times I cannot seem to post about it anymore in some forums. I guess it is time to stop contributing.

Be well
A bit of a noob question.

I am using HDHR DVR on a synology. Install reported Success. Client side is win10. I was running Insengard, installed jarvis, deselected npvr, selected HDHR addon, -- no love. Turned off/on TV enable PVR, I saw a flash like it was trying to connect.Still no TV menu. I uninstalled kodi completely, searched my system for all remnants and removed them. Installed Kodi 16 fresh, select VIDEO addon HDHR, and System PVR addon, enabled TV PVR.. still no love. When Kodi boots, I see a very quick flash like it's trying to connect, but the TV menu never gets enabled.

Any hints of what I should try next would be greatly appreciated.
(2016-02-06, 18:40)jyan_osu Wrote: [ -> ]I have this working in Jarvis. I do have two SiliconDust HD Homerun tuners so is that why I'm getting double channel listings? Also is there a way to get rid of that first number in the guide on the left?

The addon is truly slick and just like you I am having the same problem with duplicate unaligned channels. Have anyone solved this?
Can I ask....... How did you get the channel names and logos to show up? I am using the native Kodi guide. All I get is the channel numbers...
(2016-02-25, 16:48)QueK9 Wrote: [ -> ]The addon is truly slick and just like you I am having the same problem with duplicate unaligned channels. Have anyone solved this?

You have to disable every other channel in the Channel Manager (Settings - TV) currently. @zcsizmadia has not implemented the ability to use more than a single tuner for a particular channel (which is why you have dups for each tuner box).

Alternatively you can go to the firmware of the tuner and turn off the channels there. Either way - only one tuner per channel ATM.
(2015-12-01, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-07, 19:47)zcsizmadia Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately the addon relies on the guide given by the HDHomeRun tuner.

it doesn't have too, it would be easy to add support for user supplied xmltv file and data available from services like Scheduledirect.

hdhr only pulls a few hours worth of data... not very useful for the "hardcore" user.

BTW thanks for the great work

Not only does it only pull a few hours, but it doesn't get the info for all my channels. I'd understand if it were a local PBS channel(it actually got that one), but TNT, AMC, USA, these are only a few examples?

+1 for supporting XMLTV files.
(2016-02-27, 18:52)mellomade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-25, 16:48)QueK9 Wrote: [ -> ]The addon is truly slick and just like you I am having the same problem with duplicate unaligned channels. Have anyone solved this?

You have to disable every other channel in the Channel Manager (Settings - TV) currently. @zcsizmadia has not implemented the ability to use more than a single tuner for a particular channel (which is why you have dups for each tuner box).

Alternatively you can go to the firmware of the tuner and turn off the channels there. Either way - only one tuner per channel ATM.

Thanks, I will try it when I get home.
(2016-02-27, 20:04)bonelifer Wrote: [ -> ]Not only does it only pull a few hours, but it doesn't get the info for all my channels. I'd understand if it were a local PBS channel(it actually got that one), but TNT, AMC, USA, these are only a few examples?
All the channels you quote above are likely DRMd - and won't work with this addon. There is an option in the settings (I think) to ignore DRM channels - I thought this was on by default - which may explain why you cannot get any data for them.
mellomade, all my channels are QAM. I'm able to view them. It just isn't getting the guide info.
(2016-02-27, 18:52)mellomade Wrote: [ -> ]

This didn't work.

When I disabled the channel it was removed from the EPG.
(2016-02-28, 01:42)bonelifer Wrote: [ -> ]mellomade, all my channels are QAM. I'm able to view them. It just isn't getting the guide info.

Getting guide data for Clear QAM requires that the cable company format the data correctly for each channel. Some may - some may not since QAM is being squashed in many areas. I would check with Silicondust for your specific location to see if there is anything they can do for QAM.

(2016-02-28, 01:46)QueK9 Wrote: [ -> ]This didn't work.

When I disabled the channel it was removed from the EPG.

When you enter the channel manager do you see 2 instances of each channel? If you do and disable one of them - of course it will disappear from the EPG. You are disabling that channel. But that is the idea - since this addon does not support pooling multiple tuners.
Think I'll stick with STRM files with the DLNA link and the TV-Guide addon.
Just watched the Oscars with this. Really nice work.
Is this compatible with Jarvis? When I try to install from the zip I get the error "failed ot install add on from zip file"

EDIT: I found the PVR in addons however after enabling it I dont see it when I start the HDHomerun add on. Pressing back does not show the PVR options as advertised.

EDIT 2: Ok I figured out that the PVR only works with the native live tv setup, rather than the official HDhomerun add-on. However, I still cant figure out how to configure it. I go to live tv> client specific> client specific settings, however it does nothing. How do I configure this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20