Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDHomeRun PVR native addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(2017-01-15, 15:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that and it didn't work on 17 and 18 also I just added a second HDhomerun tuner and now have double channels. Even though I have in the settings not to show duplicate channels
'Show duplicate channels' only refers to dups of the same channel - for example an SD or HD feed from the same source.

If you have more than one tuner box then it will show channels from each box because the add-on does not account for more than 1 tuner box. @zcsizmadia has stated from the start of his development that he does not have multiple tuner boxes so he cannot test this.

You can work around this problem by disabling the duplicates in the Channel Manager.
Running v17 nightly Seem to be experiencing bunch of buffering(for a few secs) and glitchy live tv. With scrambling screen. Have a hdprime box with cable card. I did update to latest firmware on box the other day when trying to figure it out. This is on windows 10 machine.
(2015-11-07, 03:23)zcsizmadia Wrote: [ -> ]I've started a native PVR HDHomeRun addon development. All the channels, images and guide are auto downloaded from the tuner and hdhomerun.com. The guide is available for the next 2 hours. I love the HDHomeRun VIEW addon (this code is kinda based on that one), but I've really missed the native PVR integration.
Now that SiliconDust is an official sponsor of Kodi do you (or anyone here on Team Kodi?) think that there could be a chance of convincing SiliconDust as a company embracing this native PVR HDHomeRun addon and maybe even assist with or sponsor the development of it? ...they did do something similar with Plex DVR after all.

This native PVR HDHomeRun addon for Kodi is very good already but it could be made really great if it was improved and extended to support recording to local storage.
(2017-02-01, 14:27)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-07, 03:23)zcsizmadia Wrote: [ -> ]I've started a native PVR HDHomeRun addon development. All the channels, images and guide are auto downloaded from the tuner and hdhomerun.com. The guide is available for the next 2 hours. I love the HDHomeRun VIEW addon (this code is kinda based on that one), but I've really missed the native PVR integration.
Now that SiliconDust is an official sponsor of Kodi do you (or anyone here on Team Kodi?) think that there could be a chance of convincing SiliconDust as a company embracing this native PVR HDHomeRun addon and maybe even assist with or sponsor the development of it? ...they did do something similar with Plex DVR after all.

This native PVR HDHomeRun addon for Kodi is very good already but it could be made really great if it was improved and extended to support recording to local storage.

I have the HDHomeRun AddOn.

Are you talking about integrating the HDHomeRun PVR ability into the Kodi Tuner instead of going through the HDHomeRun AddOn? I think that would be great!

Usually when I watch TV, it is through the Kodi TV interface. Only when I find something I want to record do I realize that I'm in the wrong interface and that I have to switch over to the HDHomeRun AddOn.
(2017-02-01, 16:07)jp2code Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-01, 14:27)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you talking about integrating the HDHomeRun PVR ability into the Kodi Tuner instead of going through the HDHomeRun AddOn? I think that would be great!

Usually when I watch TV, it is through the Kodi TV interface. Only when I find something I want to record do I realize that I'm in the wrong interface and that I have to switch over to the HDHomeRun AddOn.
Yes, I and many others have requested a "Record to disk" (DVR) recording function to this native HDHomeRun PVR client addon so it could save stream to local disk. As suggested previously:
(2015-12-29, 00:53)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-22, 11:54)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]@zcsizmadia, any further plans by you or any other devs on adding a "Record to disk" (DVR) recording function to this PVR client addon?

Having a native PVR client addon for HDHomeRun in Kodi that can save a stream to local disk would make this an awesome combination.

Just imagine all Android boxes that will then be able to act as a full featured DVR with Kodi and HDHomeRun without a external backend.
+1 on this. My dad wants to record two episodes of Local Programming that are otherwise impossible to record using the original HDHR addon without recording like 500 hours of other Local Programming. This would make it all much easier.
Having such as "Record to disk" (DVR) recording function supported inside the native HDHomeRun PVR client addon would me no external dependencies for recording.

I think this is something that would be especially interesting on Android TV boxes so they can be used stand-alone DVR recorders, recording to a locally attached USB-drive.

More requests and suggestions for the same already posted before in this thread are very similar in ideas when asking for recording functionality.
(2015-11-13, 07:16)Wagg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 23:36)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-30, 04:16)Wagg Wrote: [ -> ]Record damnit! Record!Smile

I would like to see two record options added to this plugin, the free kind (rtmpdump) and the available pay pvr service from hdhomerun.

I think the free alternative lives up to the spirit of the Kodi project.
I missed the part where the recording part was not functional as of yet. Still, it's pretty impressive. I like the fact it's simple to use.
(2016-09-07, 07:48)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]FYI; might be a little off-topic but some competition could maybe give a little more insentive to add a record feature to the HDHomeRun PVR native addon for Kodi;

Plex have in partnership with SiliconDust now added native DVR recording support in to Plex Media Server from HDHomeRun network tuners. For more info read:

https://www.plex.tv/blog/air-human-plex-dvr-divine/
https://www.plex.tv/features/dvr/
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/article...Recordings
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/article...Recordings
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/sections/205778607-DVR
(2017-01-15, 21:13)jp2code Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-15, 15:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that and it didn't work on 17 and 18 also I just added a second HDhomerun tuner and now have double channels. Even though I have in the settings not to show duplicate channels

I keep hearing people talk about 17 and 18.

The current release is still 16.1.

Why do so many people talk about 18 when 17 is not officially out yet? Is it known to already have issues?

Because anyone using Raspberry Pi's 2 or 3 with Hdhomerun some HD channels studder on Kodi 16.1 so after many logs sent was told to try 17 or 18 both work superb for live streaming ! In the End I am staying with Kodi 18 which now has Gaming built in !
I see several others mention it, but I haven't seen a resolution to this issue.

I have purchased the DVR license from SD and I can see and record just fine from their app within Kodi, but the native PVR addon will only show 4 hours of EPG and will not show recordings. I did install the recording engine on my brand new Synology NAS. Once again, works flawlessly through the HDHR app. When I make the switch to remove the MS HTPC from my network, it would have a much better wife acceptance factor if the native PVR functions worked like they do with the WMC PVR addon.
channel Logo's in the guide are not showing up. They do show up in Channel view, just not in the guide.. Also, any progress on giving us more guide Data? I still get only 4 hours of data, which makes this app much less usefull general home use..
(2017-02-07, 00:30)ablack42 Wrote: [ -> ]I see several others mention it, but I haven't seen a resolution to this issue.

I have purchased the DVR license from SD and I can see and record just fine from their app within Kodi, but the native PVR addon will only show 4 hours of EPG and will not show recordings. I did install the recording engine on my brand new Synology NAS. Once again, works flawlessly through the HDHR app. When I make the switch to remove the MS HTPC from my network, it would have a much better wife acceptance factor if the native PVR functions worked like they do with the WMC PVR addon.

edit: My original statement was incorrect, you can get the full guide data without a lot of hassle, but it's still not ideal IMO

I've been working on my own add-on for HDHR (not my purpose for posting - not an advertisement!) and have found that Silicondust's statement about 2 weeks of guide data for subscribers is true, but slightly misleading from a programmability perspective. The standard bulk-download guide data only has about 4 hours worth of information in it, this is what you're seeing in Kodi. You can also get guide data per channel, which gives you access to the full information but it has to be done in a loop as it returns only a handful of data at a time. The penalty is network traffic and time -- a significant amount of time in my experience. The bulk data is very fast to retrieve, cycling through hundreds of channels and executing a bunch of requests for each is not.

Unfortunately, getting Silicondust to deliver more guide data with the bulk data request would be the simplest way to solve it for everyone. Even if they just increased it to a full day from the 4 hours that would make it a lot better for the third party applications. If they provided a way to request a specific time range rather than just a start time for the channel query that would help too since it could become one query per channel.

Oh yeah -- accessing HDHR DVR recordings would require the PVR Client to work with the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, which not everyone has, but programmatically wasn't difficult. I don't think this is within the scope the author of this PVR client had in mind, but I certainly cannot speak for him/her Big Grin
(2017-02-13, 22:32)djp952 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been working on my own add-on for HDHR (not my purpose for posting - not an advertisement!) and have found that Silicondust's statement about 2 weeks of guide data for subscribers is misleading. The standard bulk-download guide data only has about 4 hours worth of information in it, this is what you're seeing in Kodi. You can also get guide data per channel, which gives you closer to 8-10 hours worth of information, but at the cost of having to sit there and loop over potentially hundreds of channels and slam your network while doing it.

I believe their statement about 2 weeks of guide data relates to an ability to ask the backend for all airings of a specific SERIES. In that case you do get data that goes out about that far into the future. Think about how the HDHomeRun VIEW app works; when you use their in-app "EPG", you can only tab out a few hours per channel. When you look at a series recording rule, you see about 2 weeks or so worth of episodes. This methodology seems to be what they developed their backend services to support.

When coding for a regular grid-style EPG, you would need to somehow generate a list of every series on every channel and go completely bonkers against the backend to generate a full 2 weeks of EPG data. Not pretty and would probably end up being a nearly constant operation, by the time it was all downloaded and normalized and added to the Kodi EPG, it would likely be about time for Kodi to come asking for more!

Unfortunately, getting Silicondust to deliver more guide data with the bulk data request would be the simplest way to solve it for everyone.

Oh yeah -- accessing HDHR DVR recordings would require the PVR Client to work with the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, which not everyone has, but programmatically wasn't difficult. I don't think this is within the scope the author of this PVR client had in mind, but I certainly cannot speak for him/her Big Grin

I get the EPG stuff. I'm not sure how HDHR does it vs WMC as I'm not a programmer by trade. It seems to be some sort of caching on the WMC side of things that krusty's app is able to utilize. I think the biggest feature gap right now is interfacing with the HDHR recording engine. I don't even need to be able to setup recordings. I just need the ability to play them through the PVR addon.

I understand that it is still in beta on HDHR's end but it would be helpful in my conversion away from needing a WMC htpc that is basically just a DVR and streamer.
Yeah I would love it if when I went to TV --> Recordings in Kodi 17, it could simply go a path of my choosing (I can't seem to find out where this goes to, not even with procmon)

I already have the Backend DVR set to record things, I was just hoping this addon could just use that location as a default - doesn't need to be anything fancy, don't care to be able to record in this addon itself...
I just want to thank you for this. I am using Team Media Portal on my Windows servers and its ok but sometimes unstable. Waiting for recording/better scheduling then I am hooked!
(2017-02-17, 02:24)twiseva Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to thank you for this. I am using Team Media Portal on my Windows servers and its ok but sometimes unstable. Waiting for recording/better scheduling then I am hooked!
In theory it would be possible to code recording into this addon using ffmpeg, but unfortunately I am not sure how. I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag. Hopefully some developer in the future will take up the challenge.

Sent from my Nexus 6
the "official" HDHomeRun viewer addon is crap. this is so much better. i just bought an HDHomerun Prime and i probably would of returned the device if it weren't for these addons, so thanks a bunch.
can't believe the junk software Silicon Dust makes. i don't even use their overpriced DVR service, im using another backend for that.. it's insulting that the community stuff works better and looks better than their paid stuff.. i wonder how many people even pay their premium fee as the only thing worthwhile they have is the 2 week guide and even that is overpriced at $60/a year. I have Plex Pass, but doesn't do Live TV, just DVR..
(sorry for the rant, im just dumbfounded by their progress considering how many years these devices been out)

it would be nice to have kodi record to disk (or even an attached network drive?) that would rock. not sure if it would be possible to implement scheduled recording (need longer channel guide i'm assuming?) maybe consider a donation page to fund development.. or better yet, maybe Silicondust can hire you to do what they can't. Smile

some suggestion: some options to change the channel listing. similar to how you can change TV/Movies in kodi (Wall/Poster/Infowall/etc)
and maybe a favorite option so they appear below the recently played channels.

thanks.
Not sure who to contact on this matter......My TV guide is off by hour after daylight savings. WMC shows correct TV shows but the Kodi HDhomerun addon is off but the clock on kodi is correct. The funny thing is its showing shows and hour forward so that would be a 2 hour jump on Spring ahead for daylight savings

update the Fix is rebooting ! But its still a bug
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20