Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDHomeRun PVR native addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(2015-12-06, 19:51)m1k3g Wrote: [ -> ]I may possibly be stupid, but I cannot find a Windows version of this install anywhere? The Github page(s) seem to have been deleted and it doesn't seem to be available through the Kodi repositories. Am I missing something?

It is part of the Kodi PVR. You can find it at https://github/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun.

Downloand and install the the Kodi Jarvis 16.0-beta3, or the latest nightly development build from http://kodi.tv/download
I downloaded Jarvis for KodiBuntu, then downloaded the pvr.hdhromerun from the git source above. Next, I zipped the files into a single file and attempted to install. This did not work. Any recommendations for how to install this in KodiBuntu? It is not listed in the repository for kodi-pvr. I searched it via apt-cache search.

Thanks!
(2015-12-07, 13:17)finish.06 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded Jarvis for KodiBuntu, then downloaded the pvr.hdhromerun from the git source above. Next, I zipped the files into a single file and attempted to install. This did not work. Any recommendations for how to install this in KodiBuntu? It is not listed in the repository for kodi-pvr. I searched it via apt-cache search.

Thanks!

1. You cannot zip the source files and try to install it, since it must be compiled into a binary module.

2. For some reason it is not in the linux kodi-pvr-* repository for linux. Other distributions, like win, android, osx, the install package contains the PVRs, including pvr.hdhomerun.
Love the concept of a Kodi Native HDHomerun PVR. I also have the HDHomerun DRV installed on my NAS for recording.
I am trying to decommission my WMC, it is becoming long in the tooth.

I have added the Add-On to all my Kodi installs, and even updated to the latest Beta releases. I do not show the "Guide" on the Kodi screen, nor can I access the PVR. On wither Windows7 or OpenELEC.

My HDHomerun View Add-On in Kodi does not play many of the channels. Tells me that there may not be an available tuner.
SD channels play solidly, HD channels are flaky (buffering, pixilating & stuttering). Didn't have any of the viewing issues with WMC & Ceton Echo.

I am new to Kodi and possibly I have not configured something correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. \

Synology 1512+ v5.2-5644 Update 2, Intel Atom D2799 2.13GHz, 3GB.
(3) HD Prime Devices (9-tuners)
Rasperry PI2, OpenELEC v6.0.0(Milhouse) v-devel2015204210207-#1204-, Kodi v16.0 Beta3 ,Git:02e7013, VideoAddons
HDHomeRun v2015.11.09, PVR HDHomerun Client v1.06
Dell Alien x-5, Windows 7, 64bit, Intel i5-3330 3GHz, 8GB, HDHRView v9/1/2015@06:31pm, Kodi v16.0 Beta4
Git:a01bb2a, VideoAdd-ons -- HDHomeRun v2015.11.09, PVR HDHomerun Client v1.06, Library Auto-Updater, Network Tuner Monitor v5.7.0.0
Apple KODI Remopte App, Android KORE Remopte App, & Ortek VRC-1100
(2015-12-05, 18:17)ZwartePiet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-07, 19:47)zcsizmadia Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately the addon relies on the guide given by the HDHomeRun tuner.

it doesn't have too, it would be easy to add support for user supplied xmltv file and data available from services like Scheduledirect.

hdhr only pulls a few hours worth of data... not very useful for the "hardcore" user.

BTW thanks for the great work

At that point, how is this add-on functionally different from IPTV-Simple? I suppose it would provide the option of using the HDHR guide, but otherwise?

Its functionally different because it parses channels directly from your HDHR device, not many users want to manually create an iptv simple file for a few hundred channels.

Increasing the functionally of this pvr plugin isn't a bad thing...
(2015-12-14, 21:56)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-05, 18:17)ZwartePiet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-01, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't have too, it would be easy to add support for user supplied xmltv file and data available from services like Scheduledirect.

hdhr only pulls a few hours worth of data... not very useful for the "hardcore" user.

BTW thanks for the great work

At that point, how is this add-on functionally different from IPTV-Simple? I suppose it would provide the option of using the HDHR guide, but otherwise?

Its functionally different because it parses channels directly from your HDHR device, not many users want to manually create an iptv simple file for a few hundred channels.

Increasing the functionally of this pvr plugin isn't a bad thing...

+1
Would it be possible to show the show image instead of the channel logo in the bottom left corner of the guide?
Does OpenElec 6.0 on RaspberryPi2 work with this ?
(2015-12-18, 00:08)reyes136 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to show the show image instead of the channel logo in the bottom left corner of the guide?

It is skin question and not PVR addon question.

In theory you should edit the VideoFullScreen.xml file for your skin and replace the $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] with the EPG current show icon. I do not know if there is a InfoLabel for that. (Search for "PIcon image" in VideoFullScreen.xml)

Try to ask that question on the skin development forum. Someone might be able to help you.
(2015-12-18, 17:28)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Does OpenElec 6.0 on RaspberryPi2 work with this ?

I believe it is already part of the Openelec nightly builds, but I do not know if it is in the Openelec repo yet.
(2015-12-19, 00:17)zcsizmadia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 17:28)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]Does OpenElec 6.0 on RaspberryPi2 work with this ?

I believe it is already part of the Openelec nightly builds, but I do not know if it is in the Openelec repo yet.

hummmm well my 2 Pi2's are in use.... But I do have 2 old Pi1's do they support your new plugin ? If so I will use them for testing........... Not giving up my Pi2's LOL Smile
@zcsizmadia, any further plans by you or any other devs on adding a "Record to disk" (DVR) recording function to this PVR client addon?

Having a native PVR client addon for HDHomeRun in Kodi that can save a stream to local disk would make this an awesome combination.

Just imagine all Android boxes that will then be able to act as a full featured DVR with Kodi and HDHomeRun without a external backend.
(2015-12-22, 11:54)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]@zcsizmadia, any further plans by you or any other devs on adding a "Record to disk" (DVR) recording function to this PVR client addon?

Having a native PVR client addon for HDHomeRun in Kodi that can save a stream to local disk would make this an awesome combination.

Just imagine all Android boxes that will then be able to act as a full featured DVR with Kodi and HDHomeRun without a external backend.

That definitely would be awesome.
I was under the impression, this addon could use HDHomerun DVR as the backend for recording. Looks like that is not supported. So no recording Sad Are there any plans to support HDHomerun DVR backend?
Dumb question, but is this only for the newer generation of tuners from silicondust or would the older HDHR3-US work?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20